Political drought

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
people moved to California for it's hot dry weather.
they're predicting the so called California drought may last 20 to 30 years.
basically, what this is , is a message to all farmers you better close shop.
California has the most fertile land in the country, now its going to go back to a big nothing as politicians get their dream of turning the country into a consumer state to drain our wealth.
what do you wanna bet Mexico which is dryer than California will get all of our agriculture?
the earth is 66% water on the surface.
it's the job of the politician to supply as much fresh as we need.
you don't just throw up your hands and tell everyone there's a "drought"

people moved to California for it's hot dry weather.
they're predicting the so called California drought may last 20 to 30 years.
basically, what this is , is a message to all farmers you better close shop.
California has the most fertile land in the country, now its going to go back to a big nothing as politicians get their dream of turning the country into a consumer state to drain our wealth.
what do you wanna bet Mexico which is dryer than California will get all of our agriculture?
the earth is 66% water on the surface.
it's the job of the politician to supply as much fresh as we need.
you don't just throw up your hands and tell everyone there's a "drought"
What can be done? I am not that familiar with California or its water problems....

Salt water is not too good on crops...
But it can be distilled....and maybe we should be spending some research and development money on desalinization processes that are cost effective vs cost prohibitive? Maybe the farmers should be funding something like this...? And is this a "the people" vs "big Agriculture" in a fight for what water there is...? I guess I need to google this....

Salt water is not too good on crops...
But it can be distilled....and maybe we should be spending some research and development money on desalinization processes that are cost effective vs cost prohibitive? Maybe the farmers should be funding something like this...? And is this a "the people" vs "big Agriculture" in a fight for what water there is...? I guess I need to google this....

They claim it is too expensive, when the idea was thought of during the drought in the 1970-80's

Forum List

Back