Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy

This is typical lefttardism, they create something, it blows up in their faces (see Trump winning) then they go to great lengths to turn it on the right.

Good manners is saying please and thank you political correctness is refusing to use the term radical Islamic terrorist because some might be offended by it.

Nah it's whining about what words a person decides to use or not to use. Demanding that your term is the only one appropriate to use. Such as the freaks who demand President Obama use the term Islamic terrorist as if his use of words will defeat them on the battlefield or stop them from inspiring one off attacks by individuals against the West. That's nucking futz.
It's an Abacadabra word. Didn't you know?

Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy | Moira Weigel

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

Surely PC is another word for good manners ?
PC is actually another word for "strategic hypersensitivity deployed to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation".

There are many honest liberals who not only admit the existence of PC, they also admit that it has gone too far.

My ever-expanding list below begins with President Obama and ends with 3 pieces from honest liberals who agree with me that PC zealots played a significant role in the environment that created Trump.
Ive just read this article from that rather long list and it has made me think.
How Diversity Police Halt Progress

To summarise the article she seems to be calling for more tolerance of racism that is based on ignorance. I dont think that anybody would object to that. But it doesnt really negate the essential truth that this is a positive process.

The anti PC charade is used by Republicans to excuse boorish behavior

It is not me....its just that you are too sensitive

Yet the P.C. orthodoxy is all ABOUT excusing boorish behavior. From the way the Black Lives Matter movement elevates common criminals to the status of heroes to the knee-jerk defense of Islamism to the act-out types who want to force people to endorse all they do , P.C. has morphed into an all-encompassing straitjacket predicated upon enormous double standards.

I don't run around calling people Chinks and Squaws and Faggots and Bitches. I am respectful. P.C. is SO much more than showing consideration for others these days that it isn't even funny, so let's not pretend that the backlash against it is merely based upon people wanting to run around using vulgar epithets, shall we? It is all about all the obvious and pervasive double standards promoted by rigid P.C. identity politics.
I'm not quite sure of this, but I think it's possible that the PC zealots don't see their own behaviors. They seem genuinely perplexed that people would be annoyed about how they run around trying to control the language.

I could be wrong. They may know, and just feel they have to protect a strategy that has been so fabulously successful for them. If that's the case, we'll see more of these kinds of threads, as they try to hold on to their religion.

Let's come clean conservatives, we made the entire thing up. Seriously, liberals are super smart. Do you realize they're most likely to attend college for life?

It's one thing to say we shouldn't call people blatantly racist names. You still have the right, but you will look like an asshole. Not saying something stupid is considered political correctness by the left. Most of us call it common sense and manners.

What has happened is that the left has decided to expand the definition and call you an asshole for supporting border security, being concerned about terrorism, or questioning any liberal policies. They treat people as if they said something horribly racist when they talk about things.

It's racist to say nanny government, welfare, oppose Obamacare, want border security, want refugees vetted, disagree with any minority for any reason, call terrorism what it is, or a host of other things.

It's the left that has expanded political incorrectness to mean anything not on their agenda. It's a tool used by many tyrants in the past to control the language of the people. It's a means of training them to accept only propaganda. People are ridiculed by media and others when they say anything that doesn't fit the narrative. When a person makes perfectly logical observations like how most terrorist attacks have been carried out by Muslims or how the crime is ridiculously high in Chicago and a few other cities, the person is attacked and made to feel wrong for stating the obvious. They want to truth to be whatever they say it is and not what people can figure out. So, if you notice that a lot of terrorists are Muslim, they tell you it's because you are Islamophobic and insist there is no problem with Muslims.

If you read about control tactics, such as those an abusive spouse might employ, you will see that the left is using these means of manipulation on a larger scale. It's to create doubt and make a person think there is something wrong with them. And people eventually turn on others who speak about the taboo subjects. I can't believe it works and yet it's been done forever. Libs get upset when some want to make it a crime to burn the flag but they applaud it when someone wants to shut down certain media or expand hate speech to include anything they don't want to hear. They think it's good if people are afraid to speak out against them for fear of backlash, humiliation or penalty of law.

Last edited:
Good manners is saying please and thank you political correctness is refusing to use the term radical Islamic terrorist because some might be offended by it.

Nah it's whining about what words a person decides to use or not to use. Demanding that your term is the only one appropriate to use. Such as the freaks who demand President Obama use the term Islamic terrorist as if his use of words will defeat them on the battlefield or stop them from inspiring one off attacks by individuals against the West. That's nucking futz.

OMG, I was going to just protest peacefully, but Obama said "radical Islamic terrorist" so I'm going to kill the infidels now!

:lmao:

Yeah, that happens ...

Just demand that the President use the politically correct and prescribed term Radical Islamic Terrorist for those son of bitches and be done with it. Like the press did with that Radical Christian Terrorist in Charleston.

Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy | Moira Weigel

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

Surely PC is another word for good manners ?
PC is actually another word for "strategic hypersensitivity deployed to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation".

There are many honest liberals who not only admit the existence of PC, they also admit that it has gone too far.

My ever-expanding list below begins with President Obama and ends with 3 pieces from honest liberals who agree with me that PC zealots played a significant role in the environment that created Trump.
Ive just read this article from that rather long list and it has made me think.
How Diversity Police Halt Progress

To summarise the article she seems to be calling for more tolerance of racism that is based on ignorance. I dont think that anybody would object to that. But it doesnt really negate the essential truth that this is a positive process.
There are many, many pieces on that list that do precisely what I said: Admit that PC has gone too far.

OMG, I was going to just protest peacefully, but Obama said "radical Islamic terrorist" so I'm going to kill the infidels now!

Yeah, that happens ...

Just demand that the President use the politically correct and prescribed term Radical Islamic Terrorist for those son of bitches and be done with it. Like the press did with that Radical Christian Terrorist in Charleston.

I'm not like you, I like liberty. Obama has the right to not say radical Islamic terrorist and we have the right to criticize him for it. North Korea is waiting for authoritarians like you, go to it.

And Charleston was about white supremacy, not Christianity. What a lame ass attempt to equate radical Islam and Christianity. REALLY lame.

But he's white, so he's a Christian, right? Dumb ass

Yet the P.C. orthodoxy is all ABOUT excusing boorish behavior. From the way the Black Lives Matter movement elevates common criminals to the status of heroes to the knee-jerk defense of Islamism to the act-out types who want to force people to endorse all they do , P.C. has morphed into an all-encompassing straitjacket predicated upon enormous double standards.

I don't run around calling people Chinks and Squaws and Faggots and Bitches. I am respectful. P.C. is SO much more than showing consideration for others these days that it isn't even funny, so let's not pretend that the backlash against it is merely based upon people wanting to run around using vulgar epithets, shall we? It is all about all the obvious and pervasive double standards promoted by rigid P.C. identity politics.
I'm not quite sure of this, but I think it's possible that the PC zealots don't see their own behaviors. They seem genuinely perplexed that people would be annoyed about how they run around trying to control the language.

I could be wrong. They may know, and just feel they have to protect a strategy that has been so fabulously successful for them. If that's the case, we'll see more of these kinds of threads, as they try to hold on to their religion.

They see themselves as champions of all things virtuous. It acts as an aphrodisiac on them, even as they look the other way when absolutely horrific acts are perpetrated by those they have been trained to defend.

such as OldLady calling me a liar rather than admitting THIS happened thanks to political correctness

.Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal - Wikipedia

It's one thing to say we shouldn't call people blatantly racist names. You still have the right, but you will look like an asshole. Not saying something stupid is considered political correctness by the left. Most of us call it common sense and manners.

What has happened is that the left has decided to expand the definition and call you an asshole for supporting border security, being concerned about terrorism, or questioning any liberal policies. They treat people as if they said something horribly racist when they talk about things.

It's racist to say nanny government, welfare, oppose Obamacare, want border security, want refugees vetted, disagree with any minority for any reason, call terrorism what it is, or a host of other things.

It's the left that has expanded political incorrectness to mean anything not on their agenda. It's a tool used by many tyrants in the past to control the language of the people. It's a means of training them to accept only propaganda. People are ridiculed by media and others when they say anything that doesn't fit the narrative. When a person makes perfectly logical observations like how most terrorist attacks have been carried out by Muslims or how the crime is ridiculously high in Chicago and a few other cities, the person is attacked and made to feel wrong for stating the obvious. They want to truth to be whatever they say it is and not what people can figure out. So, if you notice that a lot of terrorists are Muslim, they tell you it's because you are Islamophobic and insist there is no problem with Muslims.

If you read about control tactics, such as those an abusive spouse might employ, you will see that the left is using these means of manipulation on a larger scale. It's to create doubt and make a person think there is something wrong with them. And people eventually turn on others who speak about the taboo subjects. I can't believe it works and yet it's been done forever. Libs get upset when some want to make it a crime to burn the flag but they applaud it when someone wants to shut down certain media or expand hate speech to include anything they don't want to hear. They think it's good if people are afraid to speak out against them for fear of backlash, humiliation or penalty of law.
But that cuts both ways. Right wingers start frothing if anybody defends muslims. Or abortion or any number of issues. Its not a leftist thing.
In fact these are all political issues.

Perhaps you could give me a good example of something that you would want to say that you feel would be shouted down ?

It's called calling something what it is if you can't even do that it shows you really have no interest in dealing with the problem or even believe one exist.

Complete BS.

The importance of a person or thing is the way it is; not because of what it is called. Simply, it means the names of things cannot affect what they actually are. This line is, in fact, very profound, suggesting that names are just labels to distinguish one thing from another. It neither has any worth, nor gives true meanings.

What’s in a name? That which we call a rose / By any other name would smell as sweet.”

A Rose by any Other Name - Meaning, Origin, and Usage

Pfui. PC decided that Illegal Immigrants were undocumented workers. Then that was too harsh as it made them sound like slaves. Then it was undocumented migrants. Then someone realized that migrants didn't really belong and so it became undocumented citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's an Abacadabra word. Didn't you know?

Only if you have the correct wand!

They see themselves as champions of all things virtuous. It acts as an aphrodisiac on them, even as they look the other way when absolutely horrific acts are perpetrated by those they have been trained to defend.

such as OldLady calling me a liar rather than admitting THIS happened thanks to political correctness

.Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal - Wikipedia
But you are a liar. You made outrageous claims about myself and havent backed them up. You are a disgrace.

Yeah, that happens ...

I'm not like you, I like liberty. Obama has the right to not say radical Islamic terrorist and we have the right to criticize him for it. North Korea is waiting for authoritarians like you, go to it.

And Charleston was about white supremacy, not Christianity. What a lame ass attempt to equate radical Islam and Christianity. REALLY lame.

But he's white, so he's a Christian, right? Dumb ass

EXCLUSIVE: Dylann Roof was a devout Christian who was baptized in the Lutheran faith, went to church camp and worshiped regularly, reveals pastor

Read more: Dylann Roof's pray for Charleston church shooting victims at service | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No, he was a Radical Christian Terrorist who believes in White Supremacy.

Radical Islamic Terrorists believe in Arab Supremacy.

The demands that the President use the GOP prescribe description of those fuckers is every bit as PC and the Campus Snowflakes you guys demean.

No politically correct is another phrase under which which white men are required to treat women and minorities as equal, and which they feel violates their insecurities and fails to address their proper station as the masters of the universe. White men blame women, minorities, trade agreements and undocumented workers for stealing their jobs, but really it was greedy rich white guys. And a total failure to acknowledge that these jobs were being replaced by automation.

LOL. PC doesn't force me to do anything because I don't follow it. I have no issue calling people whatever phrase I want to.

You voted for the white guy. White guys are the ones who sold you out in the first place, jackass.

I didn't vote for Trump. I wrote my own name in, thank you very much.

In one breath, Tommy bemoans the war on women (and, yes, Trump is a complete cad ). In the next breath, however, he defends absolutely repulsive acts of Islamic violence against women including the rape gangs operating throughout Britain targeting under age British girls.Those who oppose the nature of that are called names.

Which is actually worse, though -- Trump saying stupid things or this Politically Correct defense of these subhuman animals who are actually raping children?
You seem to have swallowed a lot of anti-Muslim propaganda about a country you don't even live in. The last time I read a thread about your accusations, the articles in no way gave evidence of the bullshit you are spewing. So you really can't compare it to anything, PC included.

So, the fact that your are monumentally ignorant of the widespread rapes of British children in Rotherham and elsewhere in Britain means they didn't happen?

Damn, just damn. You are dangerously close to solipsism there, Granny. Are you on some new meds?
You wanna give me a credible link on that?
I'm not even gonna look up solipsism.

I love how Liberals blame the GOP for THEIR shit!

Political Correctness came about because fragile safe-space-needing Snowflakes began to be offended by EVERYTHING, becoming world class pu$$ies who needed to be protected from everyone and everything.
-- These are the same 'safe space-demanding' snowflakes that want a safe space to come back to and rest after a hard day of burning the American flag, calling for the overthrow of the US government, calling for the racist murder of whites, beating up Trump supporters, and calling for the assassination of Trump.

Americans have many rights in this country - the Right NOT to be offended is NOT one of them.

So to all you 'easily offended snowflakes....I salute you:

:fu:

You really shouldn't have posted this. Now everyone knows how truly clueless you are.

Forum List

Back