Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy | Moira Weigel

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

Surely PC is another word for good manners ?

sure , IF and only IF a person choose's to be GOOD Mannered and polite Tommy !!

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

yes, but manners as defined by the left, which is "We get to be assholes, and you have to watch what you say"

Tell that to conservatives who try to speak on college campuses.....or the Trump supporters beaten, shot and attacked.......

I cant see that at all.

How we deal with relationships has changed across the decades in line with how we evolve and how we gain a better understanding of our neighbours.

Watch tv shows and films from the 50s and 60s and you can see how far we have come.

In one breath, Tommy bemoans the war on women (and, yes, Trump is a complete cad ). In the next breath, however, he defends absolutely repulsive acts of Islamic violence against women including the rape gangs operating throughout Britain targeting under age British girls.Those who oppose the nature of that are called names.

Which is actually worse, though -- Trump saying stupid things or this Politically Correct defense of these subhuman animals who are actually raping children?

No it isn't. PC is an attack on good manners. PC is a false set of manners which has loopholes in it so that you can be still be as discriminatory as you want.

PC is actually another word for "strategic hypersensitivity deployed to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation".

There are many honest liberals who not only admit the existence of PC, they also admit that it has gone too far.

My ever-expanding list below begins with President Obama and ends with 3 pieces from honest liberals who agree with me that PC zealots played a significant role in the environment that created Trump.

Last edited:
The anti PC charade is used by Republicans to excuse boorish behavior

It is not me....its just that you are too sensitive

In one breath, Tommy bemoans the war on women (and, yes, Trump is a complete cad ). In the next breath, however, he defends absolutely repulsive acts of Islamic violence against women including the rape gangs operating throughout Britain targeting under age British girls.Those who oppose the nature of that are called names.

Which is actually worse, though -- Trump saying stupid things or this Politically Correct defense of these subhuman animals who are actually raping children?
You seem to have swallowed a lot of anti-Muslim propaganda about a country you don't even live in. The last time I read a thread about your accusations, the articles in no way gave evidence of the bullshit you are spewing. So you really can't compare it to anything, PC included.

Forum List

Back