Republicans taking heat for political malpractice for not vetting the crazy that's their nominee

R

rdean

Republicans bristle at notion they failed to vet Trump

With each new revelation, political observers wonder: How did such damaging material escape the attention of the 16 Republicans Trump beat during the primaries?

“It’s political malpractice on behalf of Mike Murphy, and negligence to not do the homework on a guy that’s winning primaries,” said an influential Republican fundraiser, who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity.

“I happen to believe that all of this should have come out [during the primaries],” he said.

During the first GOP primary debate, on Fox News in August 2015, co-moderator Megyn Kelly asked Trump about a series of derogatory comments he’d made about women. These included calling women he doesn’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.”

Cruz spent much of 2015 praising Trump, so his belated attacks didn’t seem authentic. He also had a relatively weak opposition research team.

-----------------------------

Harsh.

I personally think they are wrong. Vetting would have made no difference. Look at Trump minions. They say they don't care if he attacks women? They defend his uncertified Trump Foundation, an illegal tax shelter using OPM (other people's money).
They say bankruptcy is good business.
They defend his not paying workers and using illegals.
They dismiss all the lawsuits.
They are as crazy as he is.

I think the GOP elite is wrong. Trump totally represents the GOP base.

Desperate to keep their spot at the public trough so they can go right on working fewer than 100 days a year, taking more and more vacation time while voting themselves raises, some of them are trying to say the didn't know what he is like.

Anyone who picked up magazines from the past 30 years knows he's a womanizing, lying, shallow, self-aggrandizing jerk who now looks like what we'd get if we crossed an orangutan with Jabba the Hutt.

I think the GOP elite is wrong. Trump totally represents the GOP base.

yeah, this crap that he's taking down the party is very self-serving but the GOP/Republicans created this monster and now they're stuck with him.

'“It’s political malpractice on behalf of Mike Murphy, and negligence to not do the homework on a guy that’s winning primaries,” said an influential Republican fundraiser, who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity.'

Exactly.

The Trump disaster could have been avoided.

Desperate to keep their spot at the public trough so they can go right on working fewer than 100 days a year, taking more and more vacation time while voting themselves raises, some of them are trying to say the didn't know what he is like.

Anyone who picked up magazines from the past 30 years knows he's a womanizing, lying, shallow, self-aggrandizing jerk who now looks like what we'd get if we crossed an orangutan with Jabba the Hutt.
Look at how much money sitting Republican house members took from the farm bill. In the same bill, they cut food stamps for children and veterans.

'“It’s political malpractice on behalf of Mike Murphy, and negligence to not do the homework on a guy that’s winning primaries,” said an influential Republican fundraiser, who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity.'

Exactly.

The Trump disaster could have been avoided.
Not so sure.

I almost feel bad for Cruz. He had the guts to stand up to Donald at the Republican convention. Admirable as he was taking a stand that Trump's "values" don't represent his and conservative Repubs.

Then later Trump is doing good in the polls and Cruz endorses him and shows he is a supporter by working the phones for Trump.

Next day after Cruz endorses Trump the "pussy video" comes out. Cruz looks like an idiot.

You know, after the GOP disaster known as Palin crashed and burned so badly, you'd think that the GOP would spend more time vetting their candidates.

Guess they didn't.

You know, after the GOP disaster known as Palin crashed and burned so badly, you'd think that the GOP would spend more time vetting their candidates.

Guess they didn't.

McCain's polling numbers went up when Palin was announced as VP. It was McCain and his horridly run campaign that rivalled Dole's in being pathetic that lost him the election.

Guess they didn't.

McCain's polling numbers went up when Palin was announced as VP. It was McCain and his horridly run campaign that rivalled Dole's in being pathetic that lost him the election.

You're right. McCain's polling numbers DID go up WHEN he announced Palin as his VP. But.............much like we've seen over the past week, polls can change dramatically depending on the situation.

Palin helped to change McCain's poll numbers (and lose him the election) when she started giving interviews and showed the nation how little she knew about current events. Trump's change is coming because of his attitude towards women.

With each new revelation, political observers wonder: How did such damaging material escape the attention of the 16 Republicans Trump beat during the primaries?

“It’s political malpractice on behalf of Mike Murphy, and negligence to not do the homework on a guy that’s winning primaries,” said an influential Republican fundraiser, who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity.

“I happen to believe that all of this should have come out [during the primaries],” he said.

During the first GOP primary debate, on Fox News in August 2015, co-moderator Megyn Kelly asked Trump about a series of derogatory comments he’d made about women. These included calling women he doesn’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.”

Cruz spent much of 2015 praising Trump, so his belated attacks didn’t seem authentic. He also had a relatively weak opposition research team.

Harsh.

I personally think they are wrong. Vetting would have made no difference. Look at Trump minions. They say they don't care if he attacks women? They defend his uncertified Trump Foundation, an illegal tax shelter using OPM (other people's money).

Democrats do a much better job at vetting candidates than Republicans do. And let's face it, everyone knew these things were going to come out on Trump. I mean there was enough dirt underneath his fingernails it would take six months dig out. But as soon as he jumped into this race, I already knew about his affairs and those Howard Stern interviews, and I think millions did, they just didn't care. They wanted a NON-ESTABLISHMENT candidate regardless of what skeletons would jump out of the closet later.

And it's not like they weren't warned, they were continually warned. Here are a couple of great articles on this.

#NeverTrump: We Told You He Would Kill Us, but You Didn’t Listen
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

Anyone that was sounding the alarm bell on Trump was kicked off of Republican Facebook boards, called every name in the book, including traiter, rino, etc. etc. etc. Any conservative news journalist that was sounding the Trump alarm bell was met with death threats.

The Arizona Republic, and the Dallas Morning News who recently endorsed Hillary Clinton got tons of death threats. I am certain that Megyn Kelly has received her fair share of this, when all she was trying to do during the first debate was to notify everyone that he has serious women's issues that are going to come back and bite hard. And bite hard, indeed they did. A Trump supporter can't stand her, and to this day if you get on FOX facebook page there will be very negative comments about her. It's like it's FOX NEWS job to tell them what they want to hear, and if you don't look the hell out. --LOL
Newspaper Gets Death Threats For Endorsing Clinton

They wanted Trump, now they own it and everything that comes with it.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

172183_600.jpg

And this is a great article describing the Trump supporters brain. I never realised that these kind of people existed in this country, but clearly they do.
A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

Last edited:

Harsh.

Democrats do a much better job at vetting candidates than Republicans do. And let's face it, everyone knew these things were going to come out on Trump. I mean there was enough dirt underneath his fingernails it would take six months dig out. But as soon as he jumped into this race, I already knew about his affairs and those Howard Stern interviews, and I think millions did, they just didn't care. They wanted a NON-ESTABLISHMENT candidate regardless of what skeletons would jump out of the closet later.

And it's not like they weren't warned, they were continually warned. Here are a couple of great articles on this.

#NeverTrump: We Told You He Would Kill Us, but You Didn’t Listen
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

Anyone that was sounding the alarm bell on Trump was kicked off of Republican Facebook boards, called every name in the book, including traiter, rino, etc. etc. etc. Any conservative news journalist that was sounding the Trump alarm bell was met with death threats.

The Arizona Republic, and the Dallas Morning News who recently endorsed Hillary Clinton got tons of death threats. I am certain that Megyn Kelly has received her fair share of this, when all she was trying to do during the first debate was to notify everyone that he has serious women's issues that are going to come back and bite hard. And bite hard, indeed they did. A Trump supporter can't stand her, and to this day if you get on FOX facebook page there will be very negative comments about her. It's like it's FOX NEWS job to tell them what they want to hear, and if you don't look the hell out. --LOL
Newspaper Gets Death Threats For Endorsing Clinton

They wanted Trump, now they own it and everything that comes with it.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

172183_600.jpg

And this is a great article describing the Trump supporters brain. I never realised that these kind of people existed in this country, but clearly they do.
A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains
I thought it was lead paint chips mistaken for potato chips.

Forum List

Back