Republicans taking heat for political malpractice for not vetting the crazy that's their nominee

You know, after the GOP disaster known as Palin crashed and burned so badly, you'd think that the GOP would spend more time vetting their candidates.

Guess they didn't.
Extreme-Vetting.jpg

Republicans bristle at notion they failed to vet Trump

With each new revelation, political observers wonder: How did such damaging material escape the attention of the 16 Republicans Trump beat during the primaries?

“It’s political malpractice on behalf of Mike Murphy, and negligence to not do the homework on a guy that’s winning primaries,” said an influential Republican fundraiser, who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity.

“I happen to believe that all of this should have come out [during the primaries],” he said.

During the first GOP primary debate, on Fox News in August 2015, co-moderator Megyn Kelly asked Trump about a series of derogatory comments he’d made about women. These included calling women he doesn’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.”

Cruz spent much of 2015 praising Trump, so his belated attacks didn’t seem authentic. He also had a relatively weak opposition research team.

-----------------------------

Harsh.

I personally think they are wrong. Vetting would have made no difference. Look at Trump minions. They say they don't care if he attacks women? They defend his uncertified Trump Foundation, an illegal tax shelter using OPM (other people's money).
They say bankruptcy is good business.
They defend his not paying workers and using illegals.
They dismiss all the lawsuits.
They are as crazy as he is.

Gee. I didn't hear you bitching when nobody vetted douchebag in the WH.

Hell they sent two hundred reporters to dig up dirt on Palin but no two hundred reporters were out digging up dirt on douchebag.

Oh and perhaps they should have vetted Hillary. I wonder what two hundred reporters could dig up on that old hag??

You know, after the GOP disaster known as Palin crashed and burned so badly, you'd think that the GOP would spend more time vetting their candidates.

Guess they didn't.

McCain's polling numbers went up when Palin was announced as VP. It was McCain and his horridly run campaign that rivalled Dole's in being pathetic that lost him the election.
I votes for McCain ONLY because Palin was on the ticked. The Palin character assassination by the left came later. We lived Palin.

I think the GOP elite is wrong. Trump totally represents the GOP base.

Of course he represents the GOP base. The majority of GOP voters selected him in the primaries. They didn't choose someone decent and less controversial like Kasich or Rubio. Nooooo it had to be Trump.

The party of Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, and Ronald Reagan is now the party of Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, and Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty. Such classy characters and role models, LOL.

Never in my life did I imagine I would support Hillary Clinton for anything but now I'm voting for her because she's the better candidate compared to the total dipshit the republicans gave us!

Kasich is OPEN BORDERS you moron. Just like Jeb. The base is against open borders. Shut the hell up about Kasich

I think the GOP elite is wrong. Trump totally represents the GOP base.

Of course he represents the GOP base. The majority of GOP voters selected him in the primaries. They didn't choose someone decent and less controversial like Kasich or Rubio. Nooooo it had to be Trump.

The party of Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, and Ronald Reagan is now the party of Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, and Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty. Such classy characters and role models, LOL.

Never in my life did I imagine I would support Hillary Clinton for anything but now I'm voting for her because she's the better candidate compared to the total dipshit the republicans gave us!
lk102016_color.jpg

Republicans bristle at notion they failed to vet Trump

With each new revelation, political observers wonder: How did such damaging material escape the attention of the 16 Republicans Trump beat during the primaries?

“It’s political malpractice on behalf of Mike Murphy, and negligence to not do the homework on a guy that’s winning primaries,” said an influential Republican fundraiser, who spoke to The Hill on the condition of anonymity.

“I happen to believe that all of this should have come out [during the primaries],” he said.

During the first GOP primary debate, on Fox News in August 2015, co-moderator Megyn Kelly asked Trump about a series of derogatory comments he’d made about women. These included calling women he doesn’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.”

Cruz spent much of 2015 praising Trump, so his belated attacks didn’t seem authentic. He also had a relatively weak opposition research team.

-----------------------------

Harsh.

I personally think they are wrong. Vetting would have made no difference. Look at Trump minions. They say they don't care if he attacks women? They defend his uncertified Trump Foundation, an illegal tax shelter using OPM (other people's money).
They say bankruptcy is good business.
They defend his not paying workers and using illegals.
They dismiss all the lawsuits.
They are as crazy as he is.
So you're voting Hitlery....talk about a special kind of ignorant uneducated crazy....

Never in my life did I imagine I would support Hillary Clinton for anything but now I'm voting for her because
Because you stand for nothing.

If you're standing for Trump then you're standing for nothing.

Republicans could have nominated a decent mainstream candidate to attract independents, undecideds, and even discontented democrats, but they chose the biggest gas bag in the bunch who is dividing his own party and turning more and more voters against him.

Never in my life did I imagine I would support Hillary Clinton for anything but now I'm voting for her because
Because you stand for nothing.

If you're standing for Trump then you're standing for nothing.

Republicans could have nominated a decent mainstream candidate to attract independents, undecideds, and even discontented democrats, but they chose the biggest gas bag in the bunch who is dividing his own party and turning more and more voters against him.
You're voting FOR Hillary. That's a step beyond sitting out the election.

Trump WAS vetted. We already knew this stuff. That's why I voted for Cruz.

Now the ONLY choice is Trump or open borders Hllary.

Four years of Hillary will mean we'll have a ONE PARTY system after she let's in another 10-50 million america hating foreigners.

So you're basically committing TREASON

Trump's Political Advisers Wanted to Vet Him. He Said No.

According to a source with direct knowledge, when Trump was considering entering the presidential race early last year, his political advisers, including Corey Lewandowski, who would become his campaign manager, suggested that he hire a professional to investigate his past. But the celebrity mogul said no and refused to pay for it.​

Watching a Trump supporter try to explain his policies is truly a comedy routine in discomfort and confusion. Ellen is good at that. So is Sarah Silverman. But they do it on purpose.

Forum List

Back