Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy

In one breath, Tommy bemoans the war on women (and, yes, Trump is a complete cad ). In the next breath, however, he defends absolutely repulsive acts of Islamic violence against women including the rape gangs operating throughout Britain targeting under age British girls.Those who oppose the nature of that are called names.

Which is actually worse, though -- Trump saying stupid things or this Politically Correct defense of these subhuman animals who are actually raping children?
Thats poor even from you. Show me where I have ever defended or excused rapists or murderers.

Try and make a case without inventing a load of bollox if you can.

Surely PC is another word for good manners ?

No. PC is another word for ignoring the Truth to protect the feelings of some group that no longer wants to accept their place or failings in life.

No politically correct is another phrase under which which white men are required to treat women and minorities as equal, and which they feel violates their insecurities and fails to address their proper station as the masters of the universe. White men blame women, minorities, trade agreements and undocumented workers for stealing their jobs, but really it was greedy rich white guys. And a total failure to acknowledge that these jobs were being replaced by automation.

After bitching about Hillary Clinton's ties to Wall Street and Goldman Sachs, Trump just appointed the former CEO of Goldman to be his Treasury Secretary. Yes indeed boys and girls, the guy who swore he was going to stick up for the little guy, just appointed the biggest fox on Wall Street to guard the henhouse.

You voted for the white guy. White guys are the ones who sold you out in the first place, jackass.

Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy | Moira Weigel

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

Yeah, you tell Brendan Eich who was fired for supporting CA prop 8 that PC is a phantom enemy.

Did Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich Deserve To Be Removed From His Position?

I admit, the republicans invented it. You can't pull anything over on the left. Let's face it, you guys are always a step ahead of conservatives, cuz you smart:

Throughout an erratic campaign, Trump consistently blasted political correctness, blaming it for an extraordinary range of ills and using the phrase to deflect any and every criticism. During the first debate of the Republican primaries, Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Trump how he would answer the charge that he was “part of the war on women”.

“You’ve called women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals’,” Kelly pointed out. “You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees …”

“I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct,” Trump answered, to audience applause. “I’ve been challenged by so many people, I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either.”

I would be willing to bet a large number of people who voted for Trump were fed up with political correctness! The right didn't create PC, the left did! Some examples: "work place violence," (Fort Hood shooting) "Happy Holiday," (Christmas), etc.

You do realize that the new left is against the concept of "common courtesy", right?

Since when has a member of the new left had "good manners"?

Good manners is saying please and thank you political correctness is refusing to use the term radical Islamic terrorist because some might be offended by it.

Nah it's whining about what words a person decides to use or not to use. Demanding that your term is the only one appropriate to use. Such as the freaks who demand President Obama use the term Islamic terrorist as if his use of words will defeat them on the battlefield or stop them from inspiring one off attacks by individuals against the West. That's nucking futz.

Good manners is saying please and thank you political correctness is refusing to use the term radical Islamic terrorist because some might be offended by it.

Nah it's whining about what words a person decides to use or not to use. Demanding that your term is the only one appropriate to use. Such as the freaks who demand President Obama use the term Islamic terrorist as if his use of words will defeat them on the battlefield or stop them from inspiring one off attacks by individuals against the West. That's nucking futz.

OMG, I was going to just protest peacefully, but Obama said "radical Islamic terrorist" so I'm going to kill the infidels now!

:lmao:

Yeah, that happens ...

To many it is but then again who gets to define what good manners are? Given that one can then surmise the "good manners" reasoning is simply just a rationalization. There are also multiple facets to political correctness just as there are those who embrace or reject it at different levels. Take "hate speech", one end of the PC spectrum, there have been many attempts to regulate so called hate speech, this flies in the face of the freedom of speech we hold so dear and have fought so many battles to keep and in some cases expand. That is an attempt by some to regulate/legislate what they consider to be good manners, it might be acceptable in other countries but not here.
While we may disagree with or even hate certain world views the First Amendment guarantees a person's right to express those views no matter how abhorrent we may find them.
For the most part though most people resist being expected to live up to what others consider good manners which means they lash back.

The anti PC charade is used by Republicans to excuse boorish behavior

It is not me....its just that you are too sensitive

Yet the P.C. orthodoxy is all ABOUT excusing boorish behavior. From the way the Black Lives Matter movement elevates common criminals to the status of heroes to the knee-jerk defense of Islamism to the act-out types who want to force people to endorse all they do , P.C. has morphed into an all-encompassing straitjacket predicated upon enormous double standards.

I don't run around calling people Chinks and Squaws and Faggots and Bitches. I am respectful. P.C. is SO much more than showing consideration for others these days that it isn't even funny, so let's not pretend that the backlash against it is merely based upon people wanting to run around using vulgar epithets, shall we? It is all about all the obvious and pervasive double standards promoted by rigid P.C. identity politics.

It's called calling something what it is if you can't even do that it shows you really have no interest in dealing with the problem or even believe one exist.

moira weigel

→ I'm a writer and a PhD candidate at Yale.

She left out she's also a moron

Yeah, manners. LMAO! :rolleyes:

If PC didn't exist, why would this college presentation draw so many triggered special snowflakes to try and disrupt it?

In one breath, Tommy bemoans the war on women (and, yes, Trump is a complete cad ). In the next breath, however, he defends absolutely repulsive acts of Islamic violence against women including the rape gangs operating throughout Britain targeting under age British girls.Those who oppose the nature of that are called names.

Which is actually worse, though -- Trump saying stupid things or this Politically Correct defense of these subhuman animals who are actually raping children?
You seem to have swallowed a lot of anti-Muslim propaganda about a country you don't even live in. The last time I read a thread about your accusations, the articles in no way gave evidence of the bullshit you are spewing. So you really can't compare it to anything, PC included.

So, the fact that your are monumentally ignorant of the widespread rapes of British children in Rotherham and elsewhere in Britain means they didn't happen?

Damn, just damn. You are dangerously close to solipsism there, Granny. Are you on some new meds?

Do you not see the irony in this author saying that Trump's use of the term political correctness is tantamount to the creation of a phantom enemy which he's using to escape charges of being part of the WAR ON WOMEN!?

I seriously snorted my coffee reading this clip.

Thank you. Hilarious.

Forum List

Back