Polish Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poland is awesome. I love the people, the food, and, the culture. Also, I am Polish. lol

My wife is of Polish/Ukrainian heritage. We lived in Little Poland in Toronto.

Pączki, mmmmm!

This is something I need to try, I was going to, but when I was in Greenpoint known as New York's Little Poland, the bakeries / shops were all out of Pączki.

Considering the mockery, and slander / libel against Poles I think it's necessary.

Has any ethnic population been more scapegoated, and slandered?

There's so many negative stereotypes upon Poles, like dumb Polak, thieves, criminals, drunks, prostitutes, weak at war, using horses in WW2, starting WW2 in Bromberg Massacre, being the land of the Holocaust, being Nazi collaborators.

Most of these are downright slander / libel, or and many others are extreme exaggerations.

.1.) Are Poles dumb?
Poland in the Renaissance was the European leader in science, even the Scientific Revolution came from Poland thanks to Copernicus, and Albert Brudzewski.

Polish Americans scored a massive 109 IQ.
While Poland's IQ is considered to be 99, this is by no means low.
The PISA scores of Poland are high, the literacy rates of Poland are high, and Poland wins many intellectual competitions like the IBM Battle of the Brains Contest, the University Rover Challenge, the Google Online Marketing Challenge, Google Code Jam, among others.

So, no I wouldn't say Poles are particularly dumb.,

2.) Thieves, or criminals?

Poland was the first European country to successfully hold off slavery.

Poland had no involved in Colonialism, nor the Atlantic Slave Trade of thievery, or Criminality.

As for common criminals?

Poland's murder rate is now lower than the EU average.

There's an extreme exaggeration of Polish as being a particularly criminal population in UK media, and British circles.

But, Poles are estimated to have 6,700 or so criminals yearly, as opposed to 1.19 million criminals yearly in the UK.

This would support that 0.5% of criminals in the UK were Polish, while over 1.0% of the UK was Polish.

So, actually Poles are underrepresented in crime in the UK.

3.) Drunks?

This map shows that Poles were less likely to be diagnosed with alcoholism than most of Northern Europe.

pca_sociocultural_plots.png

4.) Prostitutes?

Poles have one of the latest ages for losing virginity in Europe.

While, there might be some Polish prostitutes.

Most Polish girls are if anything more prude than most of Europe.

5.) Weak at war?

I don't think anyone has won more battles when outnumbered than Poles.

Quite a few Polish battles come to mind, the Battle of Hodow, Battle of Klushino, Battle of Kircholm, Battle of Lubieszow, Battle of Trembowla, battle of fuengirola etc.

6.( While it's true that Poles had Horse units in WW2.

So did everyone else except Great Britain.

Actually the Nazis, and Soviets each had many times more Horses than Poland.

So, why do many anti-Polish Nazis, and anti-Polish Soviets ignore these facts?

7.) Bromberg Massacre starting before WW2 is not historically accepted.

But, many Nazis, or German sympathizers try, none the less.

I think the fact that Nazi Germany had claimed a Bromberg Massacre was going on since March of 1939, but invaded Czechoslovakia in March of 1939 instead of Poland says all that needs to be said.

8.) While it's true that Poland is where many Concentration Camps are located.

The Nazi Germans had annexed this land.

Furthermore Nazi Germany first put Poles into Auschwitz, rather than Jews.

Up to 100's of thousands of Poles passed through the Concentration Camps, and 100's of thousands of more Poles were killed in Nazi massacres, including Wola Massacre, the Ponary Massace, Operation Tannenberg etc.

9.) Poland was the first nation to fight the Nazis.

After the Nazis had invaded, Poland had the biggest anti-Nazi resistance in occupied Europe.

Poles had the highest number of Righteous Among the Nations risk their lives to save Holocaust victim Jews, some serious names come to mind like Eugene Lazowski, Henryk Slawik, or Irena Sendler.
(This is in spite of the fact that Poland was the only nation in occupied Europe that a death penalty was created for aiding Holocaust Jews.

Zegota was an entire Polish organization which had dedicate their time, lives, and resources to aiding Holocaust victim Jews.

With that said, Poles like all populations of Europe had some Nazi collaborators.

But, there's no recorded Polish Nazi SS units in Europe.

Furthermore even the Jews had some Nazi collaborators.
Actually the Jewish historian Emanuel Ringelblum who lived his last days in the Nazi controlled Warsaw Ghetto, had admitted that Jewish Nazi collaborators of the Jewish Ghetto Police, were more brutal than Polish Nazi collaborators of the Polish Blue Police.
Hey, it's not your fault mixing stripes and checks is practically Poland's national pastime. And as fashion mores change or evolve there's a good chance you guys will be cool and with it one of these years.

I like Pierogies, I got that from my Ukrainian uncle.

So, you're part Ukrainian?

My Polish family comes from South-Eastern Poland, from near the Ukraine, and Slovak borders. (Much closer to the borders of Ukraine, or Slovak border, than to Warsaw the capital of Poland, or even a little closer to the borders of Ukraine, and Slovakia than to Krakow Poland which is in fact rather South-Eastern Poland too.
Actually no, he was no blood relation.

If I was to roll like you, I'd be saying "I'm a Spanish-American"

Yet after 270 years,eh. I'm a cracker.

A lot of people in the New York don't consider themselves as just "American"

It's not uncommon to see Italian flags, or Italian emblems on people's cars, or shirts, or hats here. (Sometimes also with American flags, or emblems, sometimes not)

Up where you live, you've never seen as many black people as I have.

You have white trash.

Down heanh we has niggas. Same thing, yet different, and it's hotter here.

Was it 102 up there today? No? Imagine that.

Well my Brewster schools I went to just made the New York Post.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/17/high-school-students-in-hot-water-over-racist-video/

Did you promote Pierogies?

Now my kin was Ukranian, yet Pierogies were in order.

I'm all for them! :D

Discovery of Polish astronomers: Stars that shrink and expand every half hour
10.07.2017 Space, Recommended

A new class of stars discovered by Polish astronomers - blue pulsating stars, BLAP - compared to other objects; Source: Dr. Paweł Pietrukowicz, Astronomical Observatory of the University of Warsaw

A new class of pulsating stars (BLAP) has been discovered by a team of astronomers from the University of Warsaw. Every half an hour, these stars change their radius by a dozen or so percent, they expand and then shrink again.
Chile, Atacama Desert, Andean Ridge, Las Campanas Observatory where the Warsaw Southern Observatory is located, 2300 m above sea level, 4 AM. Dr. Paweł Pietrukowicz from the Astronomical Observatory of the University of Warsaw is halfway through his shift at the telescope, but has found time to talk to PAP about his team's discovery described in the prestigious journal Nature Astronomy (http://nature.com/articles/doi:10.1038). / s41550-017-0166).

Polish researchers have observed blue pulsating stars, which change their radius by about a dozen percent every 20-40 minutes - so they expand and shrink with quite a high frequency. They have been called BLAP (Blue Large-Amplitude Pulsators).

"We specialize in continuous monitoring of the stars in our galaxy - every night we observe about one billion stars. Among them, we spot the objects that change in time. And in this variability we find fascinating information" - he explained.

Discovery of Polish astronomers: Stars that shrink and expand every half hour | News | Science & Scholarship in Poland

Forget fingerprints – banks are starting to use vein patterns for ATMs
New technology is thought to be as accurate in identifying individuals as iris scans and is making a European debut in Poland

vein-pattern-scanner-009.jpg

An ATM that identifies customers by the pattern of veins in their finger. Photograph: ITCARD/Hitachi
Banks and building societies
New technology is thought to be as accurate in identifying individuals as iris scans and is making a European debut in Poland

Wednesday 14 May 2014 09.46 EDT First published on Wednesday 14 May 2014 09.46 EDT

Cash machine cards may become a thing of the past following the launch of new hi-tech ATMs which let users withdraw money simply by pressing their finger on an infra-red reader that identifies them from the unique pattern of veins in their hand.

Poland has become the first country in Europe to introduce a network of "finger vein ID" cash machines, with 2,000 of the new ATMs opening in bank branches and supermarkets across the country this year, backed by a marketing campaign that promises "cash within your finger".

yeah , yeah , yeah , Poland is alright and congrats [as i roll my eyes for the first time] but big deal about the vein reading money machines and the pusatting stars as i roll my eyes for the second time Sobieski .

heck , the USA has been to the ocean depths and we went to the moon in the late 60s , kicked the nazis azzes in the 40s , nuked japan in the 40s and we Americans have been number '1' for a long time . Have you Poles ever been number one outside of making 'kielbasa ' Sobeski .

You seem a little self-conscious about being Polish, or having Polish ancestry (whichever it is). To me, the Polish were basically one chapter in my history book every year, until I met a Polish woman in college who drove me crazy (the one that got away. One of many, that is).

So please, stop caring so much. No one else does.

Last edited:
heck , the USA has been to the ocean depths and we went to the moon in the late 60s , kicked the nazis azzes in the 40s , nuked japan in the 40s and we Americans have been number '1' for a long time . Have you Poles ever been number one outside of making 'kielbasa ' Sobeski .

Ironic but it was a Nazi Wernher Von Braun who made the moon landing possible.

Poland was #1 in Europe in the 1500's.

1500s eh , you gotta stop living in the past . As i have always said , Pole are fine , good people . I admire Jan Sobieski the little i know of him but Poland , well , its just Poland Sobeski .

You seem a little self-conscious about being Polish, or having Polish ancestry (whichever it is). To me, the Polish were basically one chapter in my history book every year, until I met a Polish woman in college who drove me crazy (the one that got away. One of many, that is).

Polish have poor views in Western countries, so why shouldn't I find for that reputation?

1500s eh , you gotta stop living in the past . As i have always said , Pole are fine , good people . I admire Jan Sobieski the little i know of him but Poland , well , its just Poland Sobeski .

Well, it's particularly impressive that Poland could become a European power, considering in 1000 AD it was surrounded by 2 much bigger powers of the German Holy Roman Empire with over 7 million people, and the East Slavic Kievan Rus also with over 7 million people, while Poland just had over 1 million people.

Poles have always done the right thing, whether saving Holocaust victim Jews, fighting Soviet, or Nazi tyrants, or fighting the Islamic Refugee Jihad today Poles have a very clean history in comparison to most others.

Polish have poor views in Western countries, so why shouldn't I find for that reputation?

Really, they don't. Everyone has jokes written told about them. Pretty much every group on the planet.. Why should the Poles be an exception? Especially since it's usually Americans of Polish ancestry that make the Pollock jokes in the first place.

The only thing bad about the Poles' reputation in the States is that people feel that SOME of them don't want to assimilate, don't want to learn the language, thus they work menial jobs all while resenting their host country.

The "American first rabble" most certainly don't seem to assimilate 100% either.

A.) Many of them have Confederate sympathies.

B.) Many of them secretly cling to their British, and German heritages.

Which is why the German ethnic British Queen is publicized here.

Didn't we fight a war to keep the German ethnic British Kings, or Queens out of the U.S?

Furthermore, the 2 great enemies of the U.S being Britain, and German don't take much heat from "America first"

Instead , Poles, and French who fought with the U.S.A every time, and supported it's birth, are mocked.

This is obvious, most Americans are of a British, or German heritage, and hold onto anti-Polish, or anti-French ideals, not from their "American first ideals" but from their British, or German heritages.
--------------------------------------------------------- i don't know , seems to me that you just feel inferior . No need to , Poles are cool but hey , the USA is the best nation ever on Gods Good Green Earth up to this day in 2017 . Even your family realized that fact when they came to the USA whenever that happened . Its fortunate for you that they were allowed into the USA Sobieski .

Well, yes, and no.

Yes, it's nice for the U.S.A to take in people of need.

But, stripping them of their true heritage.....into the American banner of Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Walmart, and McDonalds, I just don't understand the appeal.

Especially considering I've been bullied for being of a Polish heritage.

Nobody is "stripped" of their heritage in the United States.

America is not a nation of blood or tribes. America is an ideal.

What ideals are American Globalism Capitalism?

You don't understand America.

Really, they don't. Everyone has jokes written told about them. Pretty much every group on the planet.. Why should the Poles be an exception? Especially since it's usually Americans of Polish ancestry that make the Pollock jokes in the first place.

The only thing bad about the Poles' reputation in the States is that people feel that SOME of them don't want to assimilate, don't want to learn the language, thus they work menial jobs all while resenting their host country.

Polish jokes are more prevalent, and also dehumanizing than most other jokes

The "American first rabble" most certainly don't seem to assimilate 100% either.

A.) Many of them have Confederate sympathies.

B.) Many of them secretly cling to their British, and German heritages.

Which is why the German ethnic British Queen is publicized here.

Didn't we fight a war to keep the German ethnic British Kings, or Queens out of the U.S?

Furthermore, the 2 great enemies of the U.S being Britain, and German don't take much heat from "America first"

Instead , Poles, and French who fought with the U.S.A every time, and supported it's birth, are mocked.

This is obvious, most Americans are of a British, or German heritage, and hold onto anti-Polish, or anti-French ideals, not from their "American first ideals" but from their British, or German heritages.
--------------------------------------------------------- i don't know , seems to me that you just feel inferior . No need to , Poles are cool but hey , the USA is the best nation ever on Gods Good Green Earth up to this day in 2017 . Even your family realized that fact when they came to the USA whenever that happened . Its fortunate for you that they were allowed into the USA Sobieski .

Well, yes, and no.

Yes, it's nice for the U.S.A to take in people of need.

But, stripping them of their true heritage.....into the American banner of Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Walmart, and McDonalds, I just don't understand the appeal.

Especially considering I've been bullied for being of a Polish heritage.

Nobody is "stripped" of their heritage in the United States.

America is not a nation of blood or tribes. America is an ideal.

What ideals are American Globalism Capitalism?

You don't understand America.

I'm not sure I want to understand America.

aw , don't call a mod , let IM2 simply stew and moulder until he realizes that he is an American [if he wants to be] which is the best that there is .

I know I an an American fucktard. As such, I have the right to peacefully air my grievance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back