Police State: Santa Monica Extends Smoking Ban To Apartments, Condos...

These things trickle down usually, like the no smoking in bars thing. That was only in a few places originally now it has spread throughout the whole country.

Yes, God forbid a law abiding Owner and Taxpayer decide whether they want to allow smoking in their own Restaurant/Bar. Big Brother cannot possibly allow such subversive Terrorist behavior. What a country we're becoming.

We are starting to remind me of the old USSR.

Yup.

these things trickle down usually, like the no smoking in bars thing. That was only in a few places originally now it has spread throughout the whole country.

and? One local populace can't copy off another local populace if they like the idea? What's your point?

government intrusion.

If local government's elected officials make a law, than that's the way it's supposed to be, isn't that what you Conservatives are always crying about, state's rights over the Federal Government?

and? One local populace can't copy off another local populace if they like the idea? What's your point?

government intrusion.

If local government's elected officials make a law, than that's the way it's supposed to be, isn't that what you Conservatives are always crying about, state's rights over the Federal Government?

Only to a point.

You seem to be agreeing that government can and should control your actions in your own home.

Should I wipe your chin? Change bibs perhaps?

government intrusion.

Only to a point.

You seem to be agreeing that government can and should control your actions in your own home.

Should I wipe your chin? Change bibs perhaps?

Don't change the subject, I want to focus on how you like to have your cake and eat it too. :thup:

My memory tells me that Conservatives have stated that if you don't like a law in your area and you can't change it, move somewhere else.

paulitician you always amaze me in just how far from Ron Paul's beliefs you seem to be at times. :thup:

How so?

See my previous post.

You obviously know nothing about Ron Paul. Big Brother Totalitarianism is not a Federal Government issue exclusively. In this case, a State chose the Big Brother Totalitarian route. And that's wrong. You should check out Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution | Daily Paul and Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee to learn more about the man. Enjoy.

These things trickle down usually, like the no smoking in bars thing. That was only in a few places originally now it has spread throughout the whole country.

Yes, God forbid a law abiding Owner and Taxpayer decide whether they want to allow smoking in their own Restaurant/Bar. Big Brother cannot possibly allow such subversive Terrorist behavior. What a country we're becoming.

Really? Smoking was banned in the old USSR? Really? Actual evidence - or just made up bullshit?

Really? Smoking was banned in the old USSR? Really? Actual evidence - or just made up bullshit?

The old USSR had alot of bullshit rules like we do now but I stand corrected they didn't ban smoking, at least they weren't that fuckin stupid.

Good point. Even your Communist Heros didn't go that far. Man, the fuck's wrong with you Nanny/Police Staters? :confused:

Even Russia knew that the people should not be totally controlled.

Yes, smoking will go to the way of the spittoon. But it will be quickly followed by (and already is) a whole new war, on food. What the government claims is unhealthy will get the cigarette treatment.

You obviously know nothing about Ron Paul. Big Brother Totalitarianism is not a Federal Government issue exclusively. In this case, a State chose the Big Brother Totalitarian route. And that's wrong. You should check out Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution | Daily Paul and Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee to learn more about the man. Enjoy.

Stop insinuating my comments deal with the validity or practicality of that particular law.

It's not about the law and how stupid it may or may not be, it's the principle of using the system the way it was intended.

If this law causes as much of a problem in Santa Monica as it does in this thread the people responsible will be voted out and the law repealed.

Problem?

Yes, smoking will go to the way of the spittoon. But it will be quickly followed by (and already is) a whole new war, on food. What the government claims is unhealthy will get the cigarette treatment.

Why do smokers think they have a god given right to spew smoke everywhere?

Why do smokers think they have a god given right to spew smoke everywhere?

No one said that but stopping people from smoking in their own homes is ridiculous and very Communist Russia like. Fuck even Saddam Hussein let his people smoke.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back