Police State: Santa Monica Extends Smoking Ban To Apartments, Condos...

First they came for the Smokers, then the Sugary Drinkers, and so and so on...

Wow this is bullshit...but it isnt the nanny staters that love this decision, its the anti-smoking wing nuts which exist in every party. They are the ones that wave their hands in front of their nose when walking past a designated *PATOOEY* smoking area.

Basically fags...

Anybody here old enough to remember the 70's or even pre-70's America, where every damn business or store in America a person could smoke in? And nobody bitched about it one bit, if they didn't like it they just chose not to go there. Like I said before, Americans are turning into a bunch of pussies. And if it's this bad now, can you imagine how bad it is going to be when this generation grows up and gets into politics?

Ask Santa Monica. My presumption is they would use the police.

How would the Police be informed of these violations?
Usually by telephone.
And when they show up and nobody is smoking how will that work then? will there be a sniffing police as back up?

And how would the Police enforce it?
Generally the police enforce the law by issuing summons or arresting people, collecting evidence and statements, and then turning it over to the DA.
SO if the person is not smoking when the police arrive the police can just issue a summons anyways making the citizen guilty before being proven innocent going against everything the constitution stands for? Sounds almost like Nazi Germany doesn't it?

Paul, it has nothing to do with enforcing anything, it's about cramming as much nanny statist laws on the books as possible and overloading the system with mission creep. Ronald Reagan once said "People vote with their feet", I think we are seeing that now in California.

I hear ya, but it's so crazy many Citizens would actually support a 'Cigarette Gestapo' storming Citizens' homes to arrest and fine them for smoking in their own homes. What the hell has happened to these people? When will they realize that all their Goose Stepping is going to hurt them as well in the end? It's very sad watching our country sink this way.

Their starting with the smokers, next I predict they will go after alcohol. No booze will be allowed in any apartments or homes.

All I have to say to that is, good luck. I live in the country, where there are no pussy neighbors to complain about what I do on my own property. But if the tobacco/booze police happened to come along, they may end up missing in this neck of the woods. The good'ol people of west virginia dont take kindly to nanny statist laws and believe in individual liberty above everything else.

Wow this is bullshit...but it isnt the nanny staters that love this decision, its the anti-smoking wing nuts which exist in every party. They are the ones that wave their hands in front of their nose when walking past a designated *PATOOEY* smoking area.

Basically fags...

Anybody here old enough to remember the 70's or even pre-70's America, where every damn business or store in America a person could smoke in? And nobody bitched about it one bit, if they didn't like it they just chose not to go there. Like I said before, Americans are turning into a bunch of pussies. And if it's this bad now, can you imagine how bad it is going to be when this generation grows up and gets into politics?

Shit my barber as a kid was a old cigar smoking guy and the whole place smelled like a cigar. Didnt like it...Go somewhere else. Its the pussification of America

How would the Police be informed of these violations?

And when they show up and nobody is smoking how will that work then? will there be a sniffing police as back up?

Generally the police enforce the law by issuing summons or arresting people, collecting evidence and statements, and then turning it over to the DA.
SO if the person is not smoking when the police arrive the police can just issue a summons anyways making the citizen guilty before being proven innocent going against everything the constitution stands for? Sounds almost like Nazi Germany doesn't it?

Probably where increased video surveillance comes in. It's very common in countries like Great Britain.

Pretty soon we will run out of places to run to, fuck man I live in Alabama and even down here they are getting caught up in this anti smoking hysteria.

Big tobacco must be sending alot of money towards the GOP from 2010 into this election sycle, because if they where sending that money to the democrats we would not be seeing policies like this put in place.

I keep telling people this is only the tip of the iceberg, this isn't going to stop with the smokers. Next will be alcohol and than food.

They're already on the food bit, That's Michelles area of expertise, another unelected democrap idiot in charge of something they know nothing about.

I hear ya, but it's so crazy many Citizens would actually support a 'Cigarette Gestapo' storming Citizens' homes to arrest and fine them for smoking in their own homes. What the hell has happened to these people? When will they realize that all their Goose Stepping is going to hurt them as well in the end? It's very sad watching our country sink this way.

Their starting with the smokers, next I predict they will go after alcohol. No booze will be allowed in any apartments or homes.

All I have to say to that is, good luck. I live in the country, where there are no pussy neighbors to complain about what I do on my own property. But if the tobacco/booze police happened to come along, they may end up missing in this neck of the woods. The good'ol people of west virginia dont take kindly to nanny statist laws and believe in individual liberty above everything else.

Good luck, hopefully you guys can keep what you have up there in WV.

Big tobacco must be sending alot of money towards the GOP from 2010 into this election sycle, because if they where sending that money to the democrats we would not be seeing policies like this put in place.

I keep telling people this is only the tip of the iceberg, this isn't going to stop with the smokers. Next will be alcohol and than food.

They're already on the food bit, That's Michelles area of expertise, another unelected democrap idiot in charge of something they know nothing about.

In the future they will just get rid of more food choices and just have gruels you can buy that contain all the necessary vitamins.

Basically fags...

Shit my barber as a kid was a old cigar smoking guy and the whole place smelled like a cigar. Didnt like it...Go somewhere else. Its the pussification of America

Both my parents smoked I was raised around it I don't even notice the smell.

Good luck, hopefully you guys can keep what you have up there in WV.

We're doing just fine. It is largely a Democrat state and is Blue...but it is overwhelmingly a conservative Democrat state. Obamas war on coal wont help him or the democrats here this year at all.

In the future they will just get rid of more food choices and just have gruels you can buy that contain all the necessary vitamins.

I cook at home, homemade food as often as possible. I could care less what they do to the restaurants choices to be honest. And if they choose to alter the food being sold at the local grocery store I have plenty of deer and shit to shoot in my back yard. I dont need the government, the government needs me.

I cook at home, homemade food as often as possible. I could care less what they do to the restaurants choices to be honest. And if they choose to alter the food being sold at the local grocery store I have plenty of deer and shit to shoot in my back yard. I dont need the government, the government needs me.

The gruels will be sold at grocery stores I imagine, this way they can make sure everyone eats the same thing and nobody is unhealthy. Hunting will be made illegal in the future.

You don't like what Santa Monica does, as a people? Move to East LA. Play your mariachi rap as loud as your bass speaker will thump, and if the cops come to tell you to be quiet, bust a cap at them. Is this the utopia you seek?

The gruels will be sold at grocery stores I imagine, this way they can make sure everyone eats the same thing and nobody is unhealthy. Hunting will be made illegal in the future.
I dont think it will, it is a huge revenue source for states. And even if they do make it illegal that doesn't mean people like me will abide by the law at that point. When it comes to feeding my family the government can suck it.

You don't like what Santa Monica does, as a people? Move to East LA. Play your mariachi rap as loud as your bass speaker will thump, and if the cops come to tell you to be quiet, bust a cap at them. Is this the utopia you seek?

Noone is seeking it, it actually exists already in LA.

I dont think it will, it is a huge revenue source for states. And even if they do make it illegal that doesn't mean people like me will abide by the law at that point. When it comes to feeding my family the government can suck it.

I can see people trying to ban hunting, those PETA liberal douches want to really bad. Hopefully they don't accomplish their goals.

Sorry dude I gotta disagree with the food bit. Michelle knows enough to say get off your ass and go outside and eat a vegetable...french fries dont count. Anyone mad at that advice loves their tingling left arm and medications

They're pussies for thinking that they are owed anything other than the own living conditions they have put themselves into.
Oh, so now its their fault that their neighbor's smoke! LOL!

Common sense would tell an AMERICAN that this is an overreach of government, the only people who would agree with this law are people who do not believe in individual liberty and private property rights.

So if I move next door to you and start blasting noise into your home from mine all hours of the day - you'll just quietly move, right?
Nice try, but the set up wont work.

Set up for what? You think you know better what laws the People of Santa Monica should have than the People of Santa Monica. That's a fact. That you call your opinion "common sense" does not change that.

Forum List

Back