Police leaving their jobs

Cops should be making 6 figures just as entry pay plus pensions plus 12 weeks paid vacation. They've always been severely underpaid.
They do, in some places. I recall the ten highest-paid government employees (not elected) in Massachusetts are cops.
Only an idiot would want to be a police officer. In my town they have billboards up with some kind of theme like, "It starts with you". What a pile of crap. Nothing starts with the police. When they do their jobs the loony left let the criminals right back out on the streets.
It's good bay, GREAT benefits, and the ability to retire early with a fat pension. Hell, if I had good knees and no morals I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

So if a good cop turns a blind eye to the misdeeds of a bad cop is he/she really a good cop?
Who said anything about turning a blind eye? Trying to weed out the bad apples but being prevented from doing so by a union is one reason I don’t care much for unions.

Being a cop in today's society just isn't like the good ole days.
This is exactly what smart people like me forecast. The good cops are leaving the force, leaving only the corrupt and bad cops. The corrupt cops will do little to earn their salaries and the bad ones will just go on brutalizing the citizens who pay them. You and your friends will get exactly what you wanted, ineffective police forces that allow criminals to run rampant. Then you will complain about high crime in black areas. It's happened before, just not on a national scale.

Being a cop in today's society just isn't like the good ole days.
I saw a tik tok video of a cop actually saying that. He also said, "if this was 20 years ago, we could just shoot this fucker and be done with it"
Always video interactions with cops!

This is exactly what smart people like me forecast. The good cops are leaving the force, leaving only the corrupt and bad cops. The corrupt cops will do little to earn their salaries and the bad ones will just go on brutalizing the citizens who pay them. You and your friends will get exactly what you wanted, ineffective police forces that allow criminals to run rampant. Then you will complain about high crime in black areas. It's happened before, just not on a national scale.
We have that now, here is an idea 💡. Why don't the so called good ones help get rid of the bad ones. Don't talk about it, be about it.

The problem is the Qualified Immunity law. Get rid of that shit and we would have less bad actors. Nobody in the country who works for the people should have blanket immunity.

Cops are very reluctant to leave The Job. The most important factor in their lives is that pension. In NYC, however, there are tremendous job opportunities for people with NYPD experience. There are security firms, suburban police departments, state police and the Feds.

And that's the answer. No need to fret about the pressures, lack of public support, failures of leadership, and so on. Better jobs available.

In 20-30 years they can get out if they make it? Try that as an Electrician or Truck driver?
You will work closer to 60 years to retire decently. GOVT servants like John Boner put in 25 years and get nearly $100K pension.

Cops should be making 6 figures just as entry pay plus pensions plus 12 weeks paid vacation. They've always been severely underpaid.

They should be paid more than Congress or any DC bueracrat other than President.
Since they only work 20-30 years they don't need so much time off.

Who wants to be a cop in this environment? NYC, DC, Philly, Baltimore etc.,

She is 100% correct. She also needs work on her ability to speak properly. She loses value with so many ebonics type mistakes. "the world has became". The Elitist (like the filth on this board) will ignore her valuable input.

criminals are not. Don't prosecute street crime, just political crimes against the left.
Many cops quit and move to Florida and hire on as cops here. The Free State of Florida and Ron DeSantis likes cops.

Cops are moving to Florida - and it's not just for the sunshine​

(Link)… MSN

(NewsNation) - There’s been a push to get police officers from major U.S. cities to move to Florida, and the weather and the sunshine aren’t the only features drawing them to the Sunshine State. Our Governor Ron DeSantis is recruiting in the big blue cities.

“There’s a lot of reasons, the weather obviously is one,” said Matthew Molitor, a former Chicago police officer who now works in St. Petersburg near Tampa. “I left in March of last year.”

“It’s definitely a more pro-police state,” Molitor said.

“Coming from Chicago, where police are always seen as the bad guys, we’re always stuck in the middle on both sides. It’s never like, ‘Hey, we’re on your side, or we’re not.’ Coming down here, it was like a breath of fresh air.”

Snip

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis late last year said 600 police officers had taken him up on a recruitment program offering a $5,000 bonus for newly employed Florida law enforcement.

At an event just this week in the Chicago area, DeSantis again was looking to recruit officers.

Save that union garbage, they don't weed out the bad ones because if they do they are done. The blowback is too great.
Bullshit, that’s just your anti police propaganda talking. The blowback they get is from the unions who challenge ever disciplinary action and make it difficult to fire the cops who deserve to be fired.

Forum List

Back