Pocahontas not an Indian

Or more correctly another experienced parrot.

It's stupefying how people will continue to parrot the same debunked myth ("DNA test") after they've already been proven to be mythological. It's as if reality has no meaning and wishful thinking fantasies carry the day.

That's just bizzaro. :cuckoo:

Just as ludicrous if not more so is the unmitigated arrogance of some klown like the OP who thinks he can just swagger around demanding people he doesn't know have to take a "DNA test" to disprove a myth only he himself has swallowed in his abject gullibility, which wouldn't be able to prove or disprove his pointless point anyway.

This board is not a political forum. It's a mental institution.
We get that you're not the sharpest tack, but Pocahontas has already taken a DNA test.

I have too.

Mine told me that my closest genetic community would be around Serbia --- a place where I have no family history whatsoever, ever. However I doubt Pocahontas ever took such a test. They weren't invented yet in her time.

DNA tests can't distinguish nationalities, let alone races. Everybody knows that but the mythologists continue trying to sell bullshit. Hence the existence of this thread. The OP's daily exercise to dump his name all over all the new threads, and this is the best he could come up with. Guess there wasn't a "World Toilet Day" available.
Not to take this too far off course, but really? Ancestry DNA test they try to keep selling me for $69 isn't going to tell me where my heritage is from? Like Warren, there is a persistent rumor on my mom's side that there is an Indian in the woodpile.
What do you mean, exactly, Pogo, that these tests don't tell you any of that?

They cannot determine racial content, let alone a tribe or a nationality.

LiveScience:

>> A common misconception about genetic ancestry testing, Bolnick said, is that it can reveal information about an individual's ancestry. It cannot.

"People assume these tests can tell you your race or ethnicity and reveal exactly where your ancestors lived or exactly what social group they identified with," she said.

Recently, the Web site Ancestry.com rolled out a new service that allows people to mail in DNA samples to see if they have "genetic cousins" in the company's database and reveal their ancient origins.

One problem with this approach, scientists say, is that because such tests analyze less than 1 percent of a person's genome, they will miss most of a person's relatives.

"If you take a mitochondrial DNA test, you learn something about your mother's mother's mother's lineage," Bolnick said. "If you go back 10 generations, that's telling you something about only one out of more than a thousand ancestors."

Such tests also cannot account for recent migrations of peoples from their ancient homelands. "Present-day patterns of residence are rarely identical to what existed in the past, and social groups have changed over time, in name and composition," the scientists write.<<
This whole "DNA test" charade is a pathetic crutch the fake news mongers lean on to try to make what they must know is a lost cause argument. Not only is there no such test that would make such a determination, more to the point nobody on earth owes somebody else a test of their own body just because some inquisitor won't drop the myth propping up his bullshit argument.

The level of that kind of arrogance is just way off the damn scale.

I myself am Irish, and the reader can believe that or not believe it as they choose, but I damn sure don't "owe" anybody a frickin' DNA test to prove it, even if it COULD do that.
I know they can't identify a tribe or a nationality, but they can identify Native American DNA. They were able to identify the general areas where the first Native Americans came from, based on DNA from a 5,000 year old skeleton found in a cave in Central America (I think it was Central America--it was on a PBS show a month or so ago).
So your results didn't include any Northern European ancestry? I'll bet it did. You don't know who everyone's Daddy was, Pogo. I don't mean yours, but maybe a great grandmother took a fancy to a neighbor or someone was adopted. They didn't talk about those things. It's an interesting result, actually.
So you can be mad at me.
I do agree with you about Warren. Saying the tests wouldn't show she's Native American though aren't necessarily true.
The knew which Jewish tribe my grandmother was. They knew exactly what tribe Jillian belonged to. She is a poster here.

I'm no Republican, but I do not vote for Democrats under any circumstances.

In terms of native Americans, the whole premise of "finally getting a native American congresswoman" is nonsense. Native-born is native.

It would be, since you changed the term from "Native American" to "native American".

Did you really think nobody would notice that?

That makes about as much sense as the restriction against the term "colored people", but "people of color" is okay.

:auiqs.jpg:

OK so.... now you're saying you didn't deliberately change the term ----- you're actually so ignorant that you don't KNOW the difference.

This just gets deeper and deeperer. :dig:

"Native American" (uppercase N) is a single term, meaning "indigenous to the Americas". The ethnic group that was already here for millennia when Europeans started showing up. The broad group sometimes erroneously called "indians" or in Canada "First Nations".

In the phrase "native American" (lowecase N) the noun is "American" (commonly but incorrectly used to mean "citizen of the US") with the word "native" as an adjective, meaning "born in the US" -- irrespective of ethnicity.

(To state the obvious, which seems to be necessary for stupid people, "Indian" is incorrect as this continent is not "India" and "American" to refer to a USian is incorrect since Paraguayans and Guatemalans and Brazilians are also "Americans".)

For example I am a native American but I am not a Native American, since the latter ethnicity does not exist in my ancestry.

They're too different things. And you can't possibly be so stupid that you don't know that.

You got busted, Chuckles, and you're trying to weasel out of it by acting stupid. We'll give you Stupid Points only for the hallucination that you could get away with it.

In terms of native Americans, the whole premise of "finally getting a native American congresswoman" is nonsense. Native-born is native.

It would be, since you changed the term from "Native American" to "native American".

That makes about as much sense as the restriction against the term "colored people", but "people of color" is okay.

OK so.... now you're saying you didn't deliberately change the term ----- you're actually so ignorant that you don't KNOW the difference.

There is no relevant difference.

"Native American" (uppercase N) is a single term, meaning "indigenous to the Americas". The ethnic group that was already here for millennia when Europeans started showing up. The broad group sometimes erroneously called "indians" or in Canada "First Nations".

They are no more indigenous than any other migrant group. Hence, all are native Americans.

"Native American" is not an ethnicity, considering their migration across the Bering.

Well now, another budding scientist. :laugh:

It's stupefying how people will continue to parrot the same debunked myth ("DNA test") after they've already been proven to be mythological. It's as if reality has no meaning and wishful thinking fantasies carry the day.

Just as ludicrous if not more so is the unmitigated arrogance of some klown like the OP who thinks he can just swagger around demanding people he doesn't know have to take a "DNA test" to disprove a myth only he himself has swallowed in his abject gullibility, which wouldn't be able to prove or disprove his pointless point anyway.

We get that you're not the sharpest tack, but Pocahontas has already taken a DNA test.

I have too.

Mine told me that my closest genetic community would be around Serbia --- a place where I have no family history whatsoever, ever. However I doubt Pocahontas ever took such a test. They weren't invented yet in her time.

DNA tests can't distinguish nationalities, let alone races. Everybody knows that but the mythologists continue trying to sell bullshit. Hence the existence of this thread. The OP's daily exercise to dump his name all over all the new threads, and this is the best he could come up with. Guess there wasn't a "World Toilet Day" available.
Not to take this too far off course, but really? Ancestry DNA test they try to keep selling me for $69 isn't going to tell me where my heritage is from? Like Warren, there is a persistent rumor on my mom's side that there is an Indian in the woodpile.
They do. It broke my down very well. Even told me i had a great great etc grandmother who was full blooded jew.
It had a certain percentage and what country that DNA "belongs to"
EX : 90% European and gave the breakdown of which countries in europe my DNA comes from.

That's utter bullshit. No they do not. What they do is identify your gene pattern, compare it with other known patterns, and come up with a ranked list of probability associations that point to a geographic region (not a race --- a region).

You get a list that says you're closest to Region A, then secondarily closest to Region B, tertiarilly to Region C, etc. So theoretically if you were mostly Italian with a smattering of Native American, your results should show Italy as the primary and somewhere in the Americas as a secondary. You could MAYBE guess from that secondary region, cross-referencing from historical charts as to what tribe(s) were in that area at the time, what your associated tribe MIGHT have been.

When I got my results back it identified as my primary genetic match region, southeastern Europe (around Serbia) --- which is an area that has no presence on either side of my family tree at all. Literally none. I know the whole history already going back several centuries. Ireland, which should have shown up as primary, was listed far behind. Sure, I'd love to claim I'm Nikola Tesla's long lost cousin, but it just ain't true.

So it's a bit like throwing a dart blindfolded. It might be on target but it's a long shot.

All of which is irrelevant to Elizabeth Warren, who owes absolutely nobody a DNA test simply because NOBODY owes anybody anywhere a DNA test. It's a parlor game, little more. What's most instructive about the idea even being brought up at all is the unmitigated arrogance of these assholes who think the world, and anybody they pick out of it, "owes" them some kind of tribute of fealty or something just because they go onto a message board and start whining about it. Those people need a fucking psychiatrist to check their ego disease.

Last edited:

They are no more indigenous than any other migrant group. Hence, all are native Americans.

"Native American" is not an ethnicity, considering their migration across the Bering.

:dig:

Get back to me when you've gotten a basic education on human development. If I'm still alive by then.

:dig:

Get back to me when you've gotten a basic education on human development. If I'm still alive by then.

Your error is not worth revisiting.

Eastern US Indians and even some South American Indians have a great deal of pre-Columbian European/western Asian ancestry. Of the twelve official and unofficial reservations only three maintain geneologists to keep their money and probably the majority of Cherokee ancestry is found in non-reservation Cherokee like Elvis and Loretta Lynn.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

I have too.

They do. It broke my down very well. Even told me i had a great great etc grandmother who was full blooded jew.
It had a certain percentage and what country that DNA "belongs to"
EX : 90% European and gave the breakdown of which countries in europe my DNA comes from.

That's utter bullshit. No they do not. What they do is identify your gene pattern, compare it with other known patterns, and come up with a ranked list of probability associations that point to a geographic region (not a race --- a region).

You get a list that says you're closest to Region A, then secondarily closest to Region B, tertiarilly to Region C, etc. So theoretically if you were mostly Italian with a smattering of Native American, your results should show Italy as the primary and somewhere in the Americas as a secondary. You could MAYBE guess from that secondary region, cross-referencing from historical charts as to what tribe(s) were in that area at the time, what your associated tribe MIGHT have been.

When I got my results back it identified as my primary genetic match region, southeastern Europe (around Serbia) --- which is an area that has no presence on either side of my family tree at all. Literally none. I know the whole history already going back several centuries. Ireland, which should have shown up as primary, was listed far behind. Sure, I'd love to claim I'm Nikola Tesla's long lost cousin, but it just ain't true.

So it's a bit like throwing a dart blindfolded. It might be on target but it's a long shot.

All of which is irrelevant to Elizabeth Warren, who owes absolutely nobody a DNA test simply because NOBODY owes anybody anywhere a DNA test. It's a parlor game, little more. What's most instructive about the idea even being brought up at all is the unmitigated arrogance of these assholes who think the world, and anybody they pick out of it, "owes" them some kind of tribute of fealty or something just because they go onto a message board and start whining about it. Those people need a fucking psychiatrist to check their ego disease.
Then maybe i should sue because they told me specifics. Jewish tribe, asian, native american... Hmmmmm

Looks Indian to me
You look white in your pic but we all know you are green
attachment.php

I think someone is getting worried she might run.

The only people who should be worried about her running is Democrats.
She would lose far-far-far worse than Hillary.

Strange read. Why?

She's a squawking banshee with bad ideas, wearing a pretend Indian mask. What's to vote for?

You ah, don't do a lot of political analysis either huh?

That's ironic, since that's exactly what we said about Rump except for "Indian" substitute "orange".

Strange read. Why?

She's a squawking banshee with bad ideas, wearing a pretend Indian mask. What's to vote for?

I watched her long enough. She could star in the remake of "The Snake Pit".

Strange read. Why?

I watched her long enough. She could star in the remake of "The Snake Pit".

All I know about Olivia de Havilland is that she's a perennial favorite in the Dead Pool.
She'll be 102 in a coupla weeks.

Whatever it is it seems to be good for longevity. Mayhaps that means Warren will live to be 100 too.

fox_news_.jpg

Straight from the horse's mouth.

On Wednesday night, a Cherokee genealogist told Fox News host Tucker Carlson that there is no proof Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren is Native American, despite her persistent claims.

Genealogist Twila Barnes told Carlson that Warren is "not enrolled" with the tribe.

"She has no family on the rolls, she has no indication of Indian ancestry anywhere in her lineage," explained Barnes.

So, will this force her to take a DNA test now?

I really enjoy Tucker. He gets a lot of good stuff. The story is @ WATCH: Cherokee Genealogist: No, Elizabeth Warren Is Not Native American

Number one, Stupid, "DNA tests" don't show that kind of shit, Number Two, Dumbass, NOBODY ANYWHERE owes you a frickin' DNA test just because you get on a message board and start wetting your panties about it, Number Three Doofus, Warren --- whose name is not "Pocahontas" --- has never claimed to be on any Cherokee rolls, nor was that ever in question.

This is the most retarded thread so far today. But the day is still young. Perhaps you can find us an announcement of "World Toilet Day" in your relentless egomaniacal quest to dominate the USMB "Active Topics" column.

Stay classy, moron.

If she fraudulently got her position because of the benefit of being "native american" then yeah, we ARE owed a DNA yest. And yes, idiot, DNA tests DO show heritage. What planet are you from again?

"Best DNA Test for Native American Ancestry
In North America, many families believe they have Native American ancestors.

Paper records can be near impossible to track down. That’s why many people are turning to DNA for the answer.

DNA can’t be faked, and it can’t be lost.

It is a permanent, testable link to your family’s past. And it can help you connect with your Native American ancestors, too.

Want to know if you're Native American? This article will show you how to find out through DNA testing.

For those who don't want to read this article and just want to know the best DNA test for Native American ancestry, we highly recommend FamilyTreeDNA (view website and see pricing)."
Family Tree DNA - Join the world's most comprehensive DNA database!

fox_news_.jpg

On Wednesday night, a Cherokee genealogist told Fox News host Tucker Carlson that there is no proof Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren is Native American, despite her persistent claims.

Genealogist Twila Barnes told Carlson that Warren is "not enrolled" with the tribe.

"She has no family on the rolls, she has no indication of Indian ancestry anywhere in her lineage," explained Barnes.

I really enjoy Tucker. He gets a lot of good stuff. The story is @ WATCH: Cherokee Genealogist: No, Elizabeth Warren Is Not Native American

Number one, Stupid, "DNA tests" don't show that kind of shit, Number Two, Dumbass, NOBODY ANYWHERE owes you a frickin' DNA test just because you get on a message board and start wetting your panties about it, Number Three Doofus, Warren --- whose name is not "Pocahontas" --- has never claimed to be on any Cherokee rolls, nor was that ever in question.

This is the most retarded thread so far today. But the day is still young. Perhaps you can find us an announcement of "World Toilet Day" in your relentless egomaniacal quest to dominate the USMB "Active Topics" column.

Stay classy, moron.

If she fraudulently got her position because of the benefit of being "native american" then yeah, we ARE owed a DNA yest. And yes, idiot, DNA tests DO show heritage. What planet are you from again?

Paper records can be near impossible to track down. That’s why many people are turning to DNA for the answer.

It is a permanent, testable link to your family’s past. And it can help you connect with your Native American ancestors, too.

Want to know if you're Native American? This article will show you how to find out through DNA testing.

For those who don't want to read this article and just want to know the best DNA test for Native American ancestry, we highly recommend FamilyTreeDNA (view website and see pricing)."

Again --- bullshit. They show no such thing beyond a stab in the dark. You may as well construct an astrological chart to "prove" somebody committed a crime.

Summa y'all can't seem to understand the distinction between DNA evidence --- as in a crime, establishing whether the person who left their tracks at a crime scene or on a victim is the same person as the accused --- and "genealogy tests" which --- once AGAIN --- supposedly point at a likely geography, from which an ethnicity may only be guessed.

For instance, my results did not claim I'm "Serbian" or "Irish" --- they indicated my genes most closely match those currently IN Serbia. Which is, once again, nowhere in my family history on either side, and which is also not the same thing as saying "you're of Serbian extraction".

All of which is moot anyway since Number One, there is no evidence Warren was ever hired on the basis of ethnicity (gender perhaps, not ethnicity) --- and this myth has already been refuted, YEARS ago, by the original hiring sources .... and Number Two, once AGAIN, *NOBODY* anywhere "owes" anybody a genealogy test to find out what that subject's ethnicity is anyway, simply because they repeat family lore. If Warren HAD been hired on that basis, this mindless demand would be the first ever.

I could claim I'm related to Barack O'frickinBama. You can choose to believe it or not, but I don't "OWE" you jack shit to document it.

Butthurt works in strange and mysterious ways.

fox_news_.jpg

Stay classy, moron.

Again --- bullshit. They show no such thing beyond a stab in the dark. You may as well construct an astrological chart to "prove" somebody committed a crime.

Summa y'all can't seem to understand the distinction between DNA evidence --- as in a crime, establishing whether the person who left their tracks at a crime scene or on a victim is the same person as the accused --- and "genealogy tests" which --- once AGAIN --- supposedly point at a likely geography, from which an ethnicity may only be guessed.

For instance, my results did not claim I'm "Serbian" or "Irish" --- they indicated my genes most closely match those currently IN Serbia. Which is, once again, nowhere in my family history on either side, and which is also not the same thing as saying "you're of Serbian extraction".

All of which is moot anyway since Number One, there is no evidence Warren was ever hired on the basis of ethnicity (gender perhaps, not ethnicity) --- and this myth has already been refuted, YEARS ago, by the original hiring sources .... and Number Two, once AGAIN, *NOBODY* anywhere "owes" anybody a genealogy test to find out what that subject's ethnicity is anyway, simply because they repeat family lore. If Warren HAD been hired on that basis, this mindless demand would be the first ever.

I could claim I'm related to Barack O'frickinBama. You can choose to believe it or not, but I don't "OWE" you jack shit to document it.

Butthurt works in strange and mysterious ways.

You can scream bullshit all you want, but DNA research is amazingly accurate in telling you where you came from, and what your base ethnicity is. They can't tell you which tribe you are...but they absolutely can say whether or not you are of native American extraction. So instead of flailing away try doing some research before you make an ass of yourself yet again.

Forum List

Back