Please Help Me Fill Out The Race Part of the Food Stamps Form

[He's semi-concerned about the rasist nature of the first question, and there not being a question about citizenship.

BINGO! You're the second one who actually read the post.

There is hope for America!!!:tongue:

I read your OP, it sounded like you were attacking illegals and people who were on food stamps to me.

No Read it a few more times. Why is the Hispanic Latino question on its own. What makes it special? And what is "white"?

When you apply for foodstamps you have to bear everything, birth certificates, social security cards, pay stubs, residency requirements etc. how the hell would illegals get food stamps? how do they get drivers licenses? insurance? all of that requires documents!

In Chicago, all that stuff is for sale at the Mexi-markets.

First Question: Are you Hispanic or Latino?

[] Yes [] No

Second Question: What is your race?

[] American Indian or Alaska Native

[] Asian

[] Black or African American

[] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

[] White

This is off of the form for Food Stamps in Illinois. My question is this, as I have seen this on other forms. Why is Hispanic/Latino/ Mexican/ whatever always asked as a separate question when regarding race?

AND

......since we are feeding these people with AMERICAN tax dollars, why not ask if they or anyone else they know is...

[] An illegal who snuck into the US

[] A gang member from a foreign country

[] If they ever had anything to do with the transporatation of illegal drugs

[] If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

Stop giving them something for nothing!

PS....You would think the first question they would ask is

"Are You An American"?

The hispanic/latino refers to ethnicity, not race.

At least according to the feds.

And the tracking is done by the feds, not by the state. Furthermore, while it isn't required that clients answer that information, we are required to ask it, and will be cited for ERRORS if it's not filled out on the application.

Apparently, we're supposed to somehow coerce clients into filling that out, although they are not required to, to keep from racking up errors.

When you apply for foodstamps you have to bear everything, birth certificates, social security cards, pay stubs, residency requirements etc. how the hell would illegals get food stamps? how do they get drivers licenses? insurance? all of that requires documents!

They can get a license in Washington State, they can get food stamps for their child, if child was born here.
Using common sense, the majority probably don't do this even if they have a child. Think of like reporting a crime, most don't because they want to fly under the radar of the government.

And another thing in regards to the OP, not all Hispanics are not illegal. ;) You said you weren't attacking people on food stamps. LOL

I read your OP, it sounded like you were attacking illegals and people who were on food stamps to me.

No Read it a few more times. Why is the Hispanic Latino question on its own. What makes it special? And what is "white"?

Hispanics are either white or black. Hispanic actually refers to a culture rather than a race.

Now I've had Hispanics who identify as hispanic but who are black as well; and also Indian.

Black, white, Indian, Asian, Sp Islander, Alaskan Inuit...those are all distinct RACES with distinct characteristics. Hispanics can be members of any of those races. But a Hispanic is not a race; there are no particular physical traits that distinguish Hispanic skeletons and DNA from any other group.

So while they are Hispanic, they will still be a race as well....

[The hispanic/latino refers to ethnicity, not race.

And the tracking is done by the feds, not by the state. Furthermore, while it isn't required that clients answer that information, we are required to ask it, and will be cited for ERRORS if it's not filled out on the application.

Apparently, we're supposed to somehow coerce clients into filling that out, although they are not required to, to keep from racking up errors.

I think there should be a row of faces from off white to jet black and the subject must pick the shade that best represents his hue!

As for ethnicity, there should be a series of tongue twisters that must be pronounced correctly within an allotted time in seconds.

And the rest of the form should be a series of questions like on Jeopardy. The more you get right, the more benefits you get. Stop bringing up "I got 6 kids and no way to feed them!"

Last edited:
Except race isn't just about skin color. It's about secondary characteristics as well...skull and eye shape, various other things (Asians/American Indians have blue spots at the base of their spines when they're born that look like bruises).

Hispanic skin color either comes from white, Indian or Black ancestry btw. Both races.

So you want to ask a legal citizen this question just because they are hispanic? Like I said, you are attacking people on food stamps.
.since we are feeding these people with AMERICAN tax dollars, why not ask if they or anyone else they know is...

[] An illegal who snuck into the US

[] A gang member from a foreign country

[] If they ever had anything to do with the transporatation of illegal drugs

[] If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

Stop giving them something for nothing!
Key part "anyone else they know".

You think, just because they are on food stamps you have the right to ask them these questions?
I know a few illegals, should I not be allowed to apply for food stamps?

In Chicago, all that stuff is for sale at the Mexi-markets.

If thats true that is total madness.

I think there should be a row of faces from off white to jet black and the subject must pick the shade that best represents his hue!

As for ethnicity, there should be a series of tongue twisters that must be pronounced correctly within an allotted time in seconds.

And the rest of the form should be a series of questions like on Jeopardy. The more you get right, the more benefits you get. Stop bringing up "I got 6 kids and no way to feed them!"

Still trying to claim you are not attacking people on food stamps?
And one wonders why I thought you were attacking people on food stamps.

[He's semi-concerned about the rasist nature of the first question, and there not being a question about citizenship.

No offense, but you're a lying piece of shit. Elsewhere on the form you must swear to your citizenship status.

He should have just stopped posting, one might have believed he was not attacking people on food stamps.

With his questions most people couldn't get food stamps. Many people know an illegal and/or someone who uses drugs.

YOu don't have to answer the race/ethnicity quesiton. We are obligated to ask you, however, to keep the feds happy.

Citizenship is addressed also in the application, and in roughly the same area that ethnicity is. However, for foodstamps alone, the only thing we have to verify is identify. For MEDICAL, we have to verify citizenship; though we cannot hold up medical if we anticipate it will be verified; we open them anyway and pend for that information, and give time to get it.

We do have programs that will provide medical coverage to non-citizen pregnant women. I don't think we currently have medical for non-citizen adults otherwise. We count their income, but we remove them from the need group, which means they don't get coverage.

We really don't give non-citizens a free pass. We will give benefits to those who are non-citizens who have asylum status, but that's a particular, verifiable status. And we will cover pregnant non-citizens, because it makes fiscal sense and it's for the health of the baby, who will probably be a citizen.

He claims to be on food stamps himself...so basically he's attacking Latinos and women and children.

I wonder if he would have been alright with answering all those questions? Being a "true american" and all.
And we all know white males are never illegal immigrants.:lol:

Why not make it a test of knowledge rather that who is the bigger slut with the most bastards. No one forced them to crank out those tax burners.

He claims to be on food stamps himself...so basically he's attacking Latinos and women and children.

I wonder if he would have been alright with answering all those questions? Being a "true american" and all.
And we all know white males are never illegal immigrants.:lol:

Simple questions like "Who were the evil scumbags that attacked the Alamo in 1836?" and "What racial group picked lettuce in the US while Americans were getting killed during WW2?"

Three guesses...?

Last edited:

Why not make it a test of knowledge rather that who is the bigger slut with the most bastards. No one forced them to crank out those tax burners.

So...are you applying for fs?

I don't know about you, but I have greater animosity towards men who are able bodied and have children floating around somewhere who want benefits than I do for the women who have the kids.

And get this..while we do count the income, no matter how paltry or infrequent, that women receive in child support, against their foodstamps, absent parents who pay child support get to deduct that support from their income, thus earning them a bigger fs allotment.

Forum List

Back