Zone1 Race Census? Does someone correct your answer if its wrong?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
by order of the peaky fookin blinders
Obviously if a white person checks black african or a black african checks white it would be wrong? No, does someone look through it and correct it? It does say "personal identification" as if its a choice, whichever you want?

Which race in the USA census do romani gypsies usually check? Thanks

In the United States Census, people of Romani (Gypsy) descent typically select their race based on personal identification and the options available on the census form. The census form does not have a specific category for Romani people, so they might choose one of the following options:
  1. White: Many Romani people in the U.S. identify as White, which aligns with their European heritage.
  2. Some Other Race: Some Romani individuals might select "Some Other Race" and write in "Romani" or "Gypsy" to specify their ethnicity.
Additionally, there is a separate question about ethnicity where respondents can indicate if they are of Hispanic or Latino origin, but this does not directly apply to Romani identification unless they have a Hispanic background.
It's important to note that the way individuals choose to identify can vary widely based on personal preference and interpretation of the available options on the census form.

I found a 1800s map of the US that had the various ethnicities and countries of origin listed as to where they settled and there was a narrow swath form lower PA down into the Shenandoah Valley that listed us as simply Americans.

I guess we were so Heinz 57 they gave up trying to figure it out.....I get it though.....In my dad' family's small AO there were German, Dutch, English, Irish, and Belgian nationalities represented.

Forum List

Back