Please Help Me Fill Out The Race Part of the Food Stamps Form

I saw more than one shipmate hand over stamps to feed thier family.

It was hard, and I mean hard to watch a man swallow his pride right in front of you.

It's the one reason I stopped giving shit to the married guys for getting paid more.

Its not actually stamps anymore, it goes on a EBT card which looks similar to a credit card so people can't even tell anymore.

Actually you can. The card is bright yellow. It's a little more subtle, but not by much

Hmm guess it depends where you live, where I stay at they are blue, like the Wachovia cards.

I love it when people attack people on food stamps.
You do realize many people who work, and people who are apart of our military are on foodstamps?

And they say liberals want more government involvement.

The OP is attacking people on food stamps? It sounds like he's concerned about illegals getting food stamps. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He's semi-concerned about the rasist nature of the first question, and there not being a question about citizenship.

So you agree he's not attacking people on food stamps? I suppose he should be the one to answer, but that's how I read it.

And for the record, I'm a big proponent of the Food Stamp program like everyone else in this thread, and, of course, am very concerned about Food Stamp fraud.

First Question: Are you Hispanic or Latino?

[] Yes [] No

Second Question: What is your race?

[] American Indian or Alaska Native

[] Asian

[] Black or African American

[] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

[] White

This is off of the form for Food Stamps in Illinois. My question is this, as I have seen this on other forms. Why is Hispanic/Latino/ Mexican/ whatever always asked as a separate question when regarding race?

AND

......since we are feeding these people with AMERICAN tax dollars, why not ask if they or anyone else they know is...

[] An illegal who snuck into the US

[] A gang member from a foreign country

[] If they ever had anything to do with the transporatation of illegal drugs

[] If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

Stop giving them something for nothing!

PS....You would think the first question they would ask is

"Are You An American"?

You do realize many people who work, and people who are apart of our military are on foodstamps?

Why would I attack people on Food Stamps? I'm just trying to show how crazy the government is getting over the Latino issue.

It is also blue here, even has a picture of George Washington on it and our state.

The OP is attacking people on food stamps? It sounds like he's concerned about illegals getting food stamps. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He's semi-concerned about the rasist nature of the first question, and there not being a question about citizenship.

So you agree he's not attacking people on food stamps? I suppose he should be the one to answer, but that's how I read it.

And for the record, I'm a big proponent of the Food Stamp program like everyone else in this thread, and, of course, am very concerned about Food Stamp fraud.

If you fraud the system you will get removed from food stamps.

And just think, if you didn't feel out the race part assholes like you couldn't start threads like this.
But here are some stats.
# 79% of all benefits go to households with children, 14% go to households with disabled persons, and 7% go to households with elderly persons.
# 36% of households with children were headed by a single parent, the overwhelming majority of whom were women.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before I hear crap for the source, they clearly list the USDA has their source.

I'm in the 14%!!! YIPPEE!:razz:

[Yep!

I bet he doesn't know that food stamps is one of the best tools they used to stimulate the economy. I will have to look it up again, but food stamps have the best return in regards to the economy.

Your right! Those illegals keep returning......and returning......and returning!

If you fraud the system you will get removed from food stamps.

When they get around to it:

Food stamp fraud goes largely unchecked due to lack of resources » Merrimack Valley » EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

You do realize many people who work, and people who are apart of our military are on foodstamps? And they say liberals want more government involvement.
As an Air Force E-4 stationed in Missouri (1986-88) my familiy qualified for the WIC program. I felt kinda' guilty using it, but I was glad it was there.

I should also add my friend is on WIC now also, both her and her husband have full time jobs.
Her husband is a plumber, and with the economy, he doesn't always have work.

WIC..women infants and children. Men don't count!:evil:

First Question: Are you Hispanic or Latino?

[] Yes [] No

Second Question: What is your race?

[] American Indian or Alaska Native

[] Asian

[] Black or African American

[] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

[] White

This is off of the form for Food Stamps in Illinois. My question is this, as I have seen this on other forms. Why is Hispanic/Latino/ Mexican/ whatever always asked as a separate question when regarding race?

AND

......since we are feeding these people with AMERICAN tax dollars, why not ask if they or anyone else they know is...

[] An illegal who snuck into the US

[] A gang member from a foreign country

[] If they ever had anything to do with the transporatation of illegal drugs

[] If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

PS....You would think the first question they would ask is

"Are You An American"?

Sounded like he was attacking people on food stamps to me.
If they know anyone who is involved with drugs.

....etc....etc.....!

Well I'm "Black Irish" and am often told that I'm Mexican.

One person even called me a liar when I told her I wasn't.

so does that mean I get to check multiple boxes?

And I get a little pissed at the "Sex" box. It should go;

Male [ ]
Female [ ]
Sexy beast [x]

just sayin...

As an Air Force E-4 stationed in Missouri (1986-88) my familiy qualified for the WIC program. I felt kinda' guilty using it, but I was glad it was there.

I should also add my friend is on WIC now also, both her and her husband have full time jobs.
Her husband is a plumber, and with the economy, he doesn't always have work.

WIC..women infants and children. Men don't count!:evil:

You only count if you have kids.

According to the Government Accountability Office, at a 2009 count, 3.53% of food stamps benefits were found to be overpaid, down from 7.01% in 1999.[16] A 2003 analysis found that two-thirds of all improper payments were the fault of the caseworker, not the participan
from the source I already posted.

[The OP is attacking people on food stamps? It sounds like he's concerned about illegals getting food stamps. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BINGO! You're right. But remember. Not everyone here is AMERICAN!:eek:

Well I'm "Black Irish" and am often told that I'm Mexican.

One person even called me a liar when I told her I wasn't.

so does that mean I get to check multiple boxes?

And I get a little pissed at the "Sex" box. It should go;

Male [ ]
Female [ ]
Sexy beast [x]

just sayin...

Kinda like calling a Mexican a "Puerto Rican" and forgetting to DUCK!

When you apply for foodstamps you have to bear everything, birth certificates, social security cards, pay stubs, residency requirements etc. how the hell would illegals get food stamps? how do they get drivers licenses? insurance? all of that requires documents!

Forum List

Back