How many folks are or consider themselves members of a political party? and how?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Thing I can't figure out is a party has a platform. Especially given our limited number of parties how can any of us expect to find one we agree with enough to join?

I know I never fit in.

At the Democratic dominated get togethers I am the fella supporting gun rights and the death penalty discussing which spy plane was the coolest.

Around my Republican friends I am in favor of Social Security and environmental regulations.

Put me in with the hippies and I am lecturing them on the dangers of driving while stoned and trying to encourage them to call the cops on their neighbors who are drug dealers and gang members. You all know how I argue pro immigration around the good ol boys.

Do most of you all actually belong to a party? How many are close except for one or two issues?

Republican Party Member, doesn't mean I'll vote for any Republican, they have to be in agreement with my opinions for them to have my vote to represent it, and unfortunately, what people run on as their platform now a days does not necessarily mean their going to stick with it when the going gets tough.

Forum List

Back