Player Banned From Team USA For Her Christian Beliefs

And another seat on the victim bus gets filled. All aboard!

Well met, my yellow robotic hedonist friend.

Curious, I wonder... why are we downplaying her complaints? If someone is being mistreated, is it not common decency to hear them out?

Or is it just proper to mockingly call them a "victim" and dismiss them entirely?

There isn’t a shred of evidence to suggest that she wasn’t allowed on the team as a result of her faith. This is nothing more than an attempt to smear the team since some have dared to levied harsh criticism against the president.

First, I didn't make the claim that "she wasn't allowed". I simply stated that she was put in an impossible situation. Big difference. Second, that Rapinoe and the other team members opened themselves up to criticism when they voiced their political views. It's the same thing that happens on this board. If you don't like having your political opinions critiqued, then obviously political debate is not right for you, as well as the fact you would be better off writing them in a journal rather than on a message board or stating them on national television.

Though, I thought a team was supposed to show unity in the face of division? Openly criticizing your political opponents while representing your country in the international sports world does not project unity in any form. "United" States? That might be a stretch in this day and age.

Eh...

There I go being idealistic again.

If you want to see the left change sides, then for the next invite to play for the US World Cup team, require all players to wear a jersey that promotes hetrosexuality.

Then let's see if they say the same thing here.

'That she was offered but turned down the invite.'
What does such a jersey look like?
I don't think there is one, but what I am saying that if such a rule was foisted on the Woman's soccer team and any gay member refused to play because of the jersey, you won't be demanding that they are allowed to play, or that she was somehow barred from playing on the USA team.
Gay pride shirts don't "promote" homosexuality. Rather, if you're gay, it's ok. Be happy about yourself.

The right position on an issue should always be unwavering.

The right wing position of hating facts and truth is indeed unwavering.
Never seen a liberal argument based on facts. It’s all based on their one-jerk emotions and feelings about being a “victim” of some perceived cultural wrong.

Fuck, once again irony is lost on the ignorant.

This whole story is devoid of facts and it just an emotional knee jerk...yet it is the gospel to your stupid rightwing ass.
Facts: she didn’t conform with liberal politics by wearing a uniform that should never have been an issue to begin with. Why was a team that represents the United States of America even entertaining the idea of “gay pride?”
Fact: she was booted off a team that has an openly lesbian coach, and openly lesbian players.
Because other countries with teams discriminate and even "persecute" gay people. Here in America, we treat all people equally. HW Bush would not like you.

The feeling would be mutual.

I may have banned from making the Steelers b/c I fly the flag everyday outside my home.

Pride flag?

The American flag and a Pirates flag.

Arrr ok matey

Not that kind of pirates.

It's MDK...butt pirates?

Not not Anal Pirates.

Pittsburgh, not the Jolly Roger.

Think about it..Steelers..

She was offered a chance to play for the team and she said no...she snubbed the team, not the other way around.
But.....but....but....SHE'S THE VICTIM!!!!!! :206:

Imagine what you would say if Rapinoe and her lesbian friends on the USWNT were invited to play for the team, the only requirement being they wear jerseys promoting something that flew in the face of their sexuality?

Can we all take a guess?

The part about this whole story that bothers me the most is that this girl is being used by the right wingers to make a point that she is not even saying exist.

They are making claims about her that she has not said were true.

Do you not feel even a little bit of shame in using those girl in this manner?
Shame is not in their lexicon.

If you want to see the left change sides, then for the next invite to play for the US World Cup team, require all players to wear a jersey that promotes hetrosexuality.

MLB Players are under contract. They sign away their rights to have have specific beliefs. That is why we don't hear much from baseball players about what politics they share or what sex they prefer.

As insignificant as it may seem, I played Church League Softball for 6 years. As teams, we dropped our differences on the field. We all shared a common belief in God. Whether we were Pentecostals, Baptists or Catholics, we didn't shove our interpretations of our faith down each other's throat. We didn't go out there to make political statements. Mainly a religious one, namely because that's what we were. Christians, and we acted like Christians in front of the people sitting in the bleachers.

So, it comes as a surprise to me that this team, which says it represents the US on the world stage, won't accommodate the belief of one player among all the others. Like our country's founders did. No, not to establish theocracy, but that everyone... Christian or Homosexual, was created equal and deserved to be treated equally and have their beliefs and opinions be given fair consideration.

Accommodating everyone's beliefs except one. Is that equality? It that promoting the team mentality? No.

I think the answer to your question would depend upon what was the reason the team chose to wear the gay pride unis. IF the answer is as I suspect that the team wanted to send a message to other countries that discriminate and even persecute gays that their actions are NOT ok with the US team, then the fundy Xian girl needed to suck it up and wear the frigging uni, or find a new team.
Or their real motivation could be to throw it in the faces of every American who has a moral issue with being gay.
Look at it in a positive way. It gives CRCs a great chance to clutch their pearls, collapse on their fainting couches, and do what they do best....PLAY THE VICTIM.
That is not a positive way.

I supported the USA woman's soccer team in the World Cu, even though I didn't get a chance to watch the final game.

But I supported them regardless of their political positions.

This team MUST support ALL Americans if they are going to represent us. That requires a bit of character on their part and a willingness to set aside personal beliefs and opinions for the Country.

They can privately and on their own time, express their political views.

The country is simply asking that while you represent us, you act like mature adults.

That's so funny. It's almost as if they called a diplomat a stupid poopy-head.
Yeah, sort of like what these people were doing with Trump, free speech as it may:

RTX6B1UD1-e1531476107577.jpg

It’s the same people who are all in a frenzy over an opinionated piece about a Christian soccer player, who didn’t make the “A team” maybe because she is a Christian.
But those same people choose to ignore what the Bible says about lying, adultery, taking care of God’s Earth, revenge, worshiping money, loving your neighbor and narcissism, when it comes their own god, Donald J Trump.
Not fake news, just fake Christians.

Openly criticizing your political opponents while representing your country in the international sports world does not project unity in any form
And another seat on the victim bus gets filled. All aboard!

Well met, my yellow robotic hedonist friend.

Curious, I wonder... why are we downplaying her complaints? If someone is being mistreated, is it not common decency to hear them out?

Or is it just proper to mockingly call them a "victim" and dismiss them entirely?

There isn’t a shred of evidence to suggest that she wasn’t allowed on the team as a result of her faith. This is nothing more than an attempt to smear the team since some have dared to levied harsh criticism against the president.

First, I didn't make the claim that "she wasn't allowed". I simply stated that she was put in an impossible situation. Big difference. Second, that Rapinoe and the other team members opened themselves up to criticism when they voiced their political views. It's the same thing that happens on this board. If you don't like having your political opinions critiqued, then obviously political debate is not right for you, as well as the fact you would be better off writing them in a journal rather than on a message board or stating them on national television.

Though, I thought a team was supposed to show unity in the face of division? Openly criticizing your political opponents while representing your country in the international sports world does not project unity in any form. "United" States? That might be a stretch in this day and age.

Eh...

There I go being idealistic again.

"Openly criticizing your political opponents while representing your country in the international sports world does not project unity in any form"

ummm, even under the assumptions you make about the reasons the fundy Xian soccer player was not picked for the team, Rapinoe's out of context quote about Trump and her later comments, and other players', had nothing to do with who was on the team. And the women are not Trump's "opponents." Most of them just don't like his behavior, and hopefully the woman in question doesn't either.

And you have no way to know whether she "was placed in an impossible situation." Possibly she thought not being on the team was preferable to wearing a "gay pride" uni. We don't know. But possibly. But if that's her belief, then she's not going to have any future in soccer unless she's playing or coaching for a private Xian fundy school like Bob Jones U.

I don't think there is one, but what I am saying that if such a rule was foisted on the Woman's soccer team and any gay member refused to play because of the jersey, you won't be demanding that they are allowed to play, or that she was somehow barred from playing on the USA team.
Gay pride shirts don't "promote" homosexuality. Rather, if you're gay, it's ok. Be happy about yourself.

But if you're a Christian you should be ashamed for making them not feel 'ok'. ? Heh..heheh.

The Christian player is black, and the homo loving team is almost all white. So much for diversity. Diversity goes right out the window if you don't love the faggots. And why the fuck is a soccer team promoting a sexual lifestyle on the field anyways
Hey homophobe! Get your slurs straight. I assume everything else about you is straight, but perhaps you doth protest too much. Lesbians are not faggots. Got it? Good boy.

But if you're a Christian you should be ashamed for making them not feel 'ok'. ? Heh..heheh.
Well, I'm an Episcopalian and I don't see any sin in being gay, so yeah, I'd say being a Christian means you should try to make gay people feel good about their sexuality. But I realize that other Christians, and even a majority, see gay as sort of like being an addict or being miserly. That is, "the condition" keeps you from being as close to God as you could be if you stopped committing the sin.

So, it is possible the woman perceived that to make the team she had to compromise her belief that gay is not OK with God. It's also possible she wasn't picked because of skill. But assuming her belief that its not ok to accommodate her teammates by not at least keeping her belief to herself, the simple fact is that college and pro soccer teams are not going to be ok with her. So that would be her choice.

It’s the same people who are all in a frenzy over an opinionated piece about a Christian soccer player, who didn’t make the “A team” maybe because she is a Christian.
But those same people choose to ignore what the Bible says about lying, adultery, taking care of God’s Earth, revenge, worshiping money, loving your neighbor and narcissism, when it comes their own god, Donald J Trump.
Your deflecting. If this continues you will kill the real Christians, so don't fret. Then you will get it. As Spock said....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And boy have you few been on a kizz ass roll for decades.

Well, I'm an Episcopalian and I don't see any sin in being gay, so yeah, I'd say being a Christian means you should try to make gay people feel good about their sexuality

What if I don't want to? Then what? Does that automatically make me unchristian? Who is the ultimate judge of Christworthiness?

So, it is possible the woman perceived that to make the team she had to compromise her belief that gay is not OK with God.

Seemingly it is possible for one player to hold such sway, but never the Christian. Never the one who seemingly holds the unpopular belief.

The Christian player is black, and the homo loving team is almost all white. So much for diversity. Diversity goes right out the window if you don't love the faggots. And why the fuck is a soccer team promoting a sexual lifestyle on the field anyways
Hey homophobe! Get your slurs straight. I assume everything else about you is straight, but perhaps you doth protest too much. Lesbians are not faggots. Got it? Good boy.

Then one wonders, are they fag-ettes?

We can't go around assuming gender though.

Put the leash back on, boy.

That same tired old straw man is being dragged around again.
I don't remember Jesus being on the 2016 presidential ballot.

People can appreciate Donald Trump for his policies and still disapprove of his personal moral failings.

And speaking of that, you must be nearly like a Jesus clone yourself seeing as how you can point out everyone else's moral failings. It must feel great to sit around passing judgement on everyone else.

Forum List

Back