Player Banned From Team USA For Her Christian Beliefs

........You forget that the jerseys were not intended to be "anti" any religion........

If they were wearing jerseys that promoted eating pork and a Muslim player refused to wear it and the Muslim was booted out you would be creaming Islamophobia, Islamophobia, you friggin hypocrite, and you know you would too so don't lie.

Jerseys that promote a man sticking his dick in another man's ass are sick, disgusting, perverted, evil, filthy, and an embarrassment.
That hasn't happened so you are just making up fantasy junk to continue the CRC "victimhood".

Jerseys that promote a man sticking his dick in another man's ass are sick, disgusting, perverted, evil, filthy, and an embarrassment.
Just a nudge will have that closet door swinging...
IT's always VERY VERY telling when CRCs keep talking about "gay" sex acts way more than any gay person does. It's about dwelling on the anal sex to them...almost every time.

If you want to see the left change sides, then for the next invite to play for the US World Cup team, require all players to wear a jersey that promotes hetrosexuality.

Then let's see if they say the same thing here.

'That she was offered but turned down the invite.'
Yes, they made a team decision and did not take into account individual views...as they should have done. You just refuted your claim that she was targeted.

It is a team sport, not an individual sport

Tell that to Megan Rapinoe. Because I do believe she refuted your argument about it being a "team sport". Tell that to the US Soccer Federation who chose to make these a thing.

If it were a team sport, Gator, tell me, how come all of the beliefs were not considered before they chose to go through with that publicity stunt?

Insisting on there being team cohesion like you do means being inclusive, it means considering how every player feels when they go out on the pitch, not being so presumptuous as to think the entire body of the team supports a specific agenda or cause and then shoving them aside because their beliefs don't match it.

Team game? Hardly. The concept of "team" is based on mentality, not an political agendas. The concept of "team" is based on unity, not division. And if you're willing to do something to break that mentality and cohesion, you lose the team. Regardless of how well or poorly they do after. It makes the wins sour and the losses bitter.

Have you ever been part of a team?

Do you think MLB owners take each players opinions into consideration?

On a team it is impossible to take every single opinion into consideration, then nothing would ever get done.

MLB Players are under contract. They sign away their rights to have have specific beliefs. That is why we don't hear much from baseball players about what politics they share or what sex they prefer.

As insignificant as it may seem, I played Church League Softball for 6 years. As teams, we dropped our differences on the field. We all shared a common belief in God. Whether we were Pentecostals, Baptists or Catholics, we didn't shove our interpretations of our faith down each other's throat. We didn't go out there to make political statements. Mainly a religious one, namely because that's what we were. Christians, and we acted like Christians in front of the people sitting in the bleachers.

So, it comes as a surprise to me that this team, which says it represents the US on the world stage, won't accommodate the belief of one player among all the others. Like our country's founders did. No, not to establish theocracy, but that everyone... Christian or Homosexual, was created equal and deserved to be treated equally and have their beliefs and opinions be given fair consideration.

Accommodating everyone's beliefs except one. Is that equality? It that promoting the team mentality? No.

I think the answer to your question would depend upon what was the reason the team chose to wear the gay pride unis. IF the answer is as I suspect that the team wanted to send a message to other countries that discriminate and even persecute gays that their actions are NOT ok with the US team, then the fundy Xian girl needed to suck it up and wear the frigging uni, or find a new team.
Or their real motivation could be to throw it in the faces of every American who has a moral issue with being gay.
Look at it in a positive way. It gives CRCs a great chance to clutch their pearls, collapse on their fainting couches, and do what they do best....PLAY THE VICTIM.

"the american flag is a rag that deserves to be planted on a dung hill" - Old Meg Rapinoe tweet

If you want to see the left change sides, then for the next invite to play for the US World Cup team, require all players to wear a jersey that promotes hetrosexuality.

Tell that to Megan Rapinoe. Because I do believe she refuted your argument about it being a "team sport". Tell that to the US Soccer Federation who chose to make these a thing.

If it were a team sport, Gator, tell me, how come all of the beliefs were not considered before they chose to go through with that publicity stunt?

Insisting on there being team cohesion like you do means being inclusive, it means considering how every player feels when they go out on the pitch, not being so presumptuous as to think the entire body of the team supports a specific agenda or cause and then shoving them aside because their beliefs don't match it.

Team game? Hardly. The concept of "team" is based on mentality, not an political agendas. The concept of "team" is based on unity, not division. And if you're willing to do something to break that mentality and cohesion, you lose the team. Regardless of how well or poorly they do after. It makes the wins sour and the losses bitter.

On a team it is impossible to take every single opinion into consideration, then nothing would ever get done.

MLB Players are under contract. They sign away their rights to have have specific beliefs. That is why we don't hear much from baseball players about what politics they share or what sex they prefer.

As insignificant as it may seem, I played Church League Softball for 6 years. As teams, we dropped our differences on the field. We all shared a common belief in God. Whether we were Pentecostals, Baptists or Catholics, we didn't shove our interpretations of our faith down each other's throat. We didn't go out there to make political statements. Mainly a religious one, namely because that's what we were. Christians, and we acted like Christians in front of the people sitting in the bleachers.

So, it comes as a surprise to me that this team, which says it represents the US on the world stage, won't accommodate the belief of one player among all the others. Like our country's founders did. No, not to establish theocracy, but that everyone... Christian or Homosexual, was created equal and deserved to be treated equally and have their beliefs and opinions be given fair consideration.

Accommodating everyone's beliefs except one. Is that equality? It that promoting the team mentality? No.

I think the answer to your question would depend upon what was the reason the team chose to wear the gay pride unis. IF the answer is as I suspect that the team wanted to send a message to other countries that discriminate and even persecute gays that their actions are NOT ok with the US team, then the fundy Xian girl needed to suck it up and wear the frigging uni, or find a new team.
Or their real motivation could be to throw it in the faces of every American who has a moral issue with being gay.
Look at it in a positive way. It gives CRCs a great chance to clutch their pearls, collapse on their fainting couches, and do what they do best....PLAY THE VICTIM.
That is not a positive way.

I supported the USA woman's soccer team in the World Cu, even though I didn't get a chance to watch the final game.

But I supported them regardless of their political positions.

This team MUST support ALL Americans if they are going to represent us. That requires a bit of character on their part and a willingness to set aside personal beliefs and opinions for the Country.

They can privately and on their own time, express their political views.

The country is simply asking that while you represent us, you act like mature adults.

What does such a jersey look like?
I don't think there is one, but what I am saying that if such a rule was foisted on the Woman's soccer team and any gay member refused to play because of the jersey, you won't be demanding that they are allowed to play, or that she was somehow barred from playing on the USA team.

That is not a positive way.

I supported the USA woman's soccer team in the World Cu, even though I didn't get a chance to watch the final game.

But I supported them regardless of their political positions.

This team MUST support ALL Americans if they are going to represent us. That requires a bit of character on their part and a willingness to set aside personal beliefs and opinions for the Country.

They can privately and on their own time, express their political views.

The country is simply asking that while you represent us, you act like mature adults.

That's so funny. It's almost as if they called a diplomat a stupid poopy-head.

And another seat on the victim bus gets filled. All aboard!

Well met, my yellow robotic hedonist friend.

Curious, I wonder... why are we downplaying her complaints? If someone is being mistreated, is it not common decency to hear them out?

Or is it just proper to mockingly call them a "victim" and dismiss them entirely?

There isn’t a shred of evidence to suggest that she wasn’t allowed on the team as a result of her faith. This is nothing more than an attempt to smear the team since some have dared to levied harsh criticism against the president.

Curious, I wonder... why are we downplaying her complaints? If someone is being mistreated, is it not common decency to hear them out?

Or is it just proper to mockingly call them a "victim" and dismiss them entirely?

There isn’t a shred of evidence to suggest that she wasn’t allowed on the team as a result of her faith. This is nothing more than an attempt to smear the team since some have dared to levied harsh criticism against the president.

I saw that Rapinoe guy said it's gf wants him to run for POTUS....or so it claims.

Someone's ego is a tad to big.

I saw that Rapinoe guy said it's gf wants him to run for POTUS....or so it claims.

Someone's ego is a tad to big.

Should would fit inquite well in Washington. lol

The right position on an issue should always be unwavering.

The right wing position of hating facts and truth is indeed unwavering.
Never seen a liberal argument based on facts. It’s all based on their one-jerk emotions and feelings about being a “victim” of some perceived cultural wrong.

Fuck, once again irony is lost on the ignorant.

This whole story is devoid of facts and it just an emotional knee jerk...yet it is the gospel to your stupid rightwing ass.
Facts: she didn’t conform with liberal politics by wearing a uniform that should never have been an issue to begin with. Why was a team that represents the United States of America even entertaining the idea of “gay pride?”
Fact: she was booted off a team that has an openly lesbian coach, and openly lesbian players.
Because other countries with teams discriminate and even "persecute" gay people. Here in America, we treat all people equally. HW Bush would not like you.
Gays are persecuted? Why?

The part about this whole story that bothers me the most is that this girl is being used by the right wingers to make a point that she is not even saying exist.

They are making claims about her that she has not said were true.

Do you not feel even a little bit of shame in using those girl in this manner?

Shifting the argument are we?

Forum List

Back