Plantation weddings are wrong. Why is it so hard for white Americans to admit that?

rum is,, very much, associated with SLAVERY. No more rum cake for
tainted. ------no more cotton panties for tainted. ---sheeeets?
When I was a kid----there were some people who associated WATERMELON
with------uhm ------Ni^#ras and would not eat it publically

Are we supposed to just tear down every plantation, and never use them for anything ever again?
I would keep a few as museum pieces, a symbol of evil. We have a castle over here that was built with the proceeds of slavery. Makes me sick to my stomach when I drive past it.
Have you considered psychiatric treatment? No? You should.

Plantation weddings are wrong. Why is it so hard for white Americans to admit that? | Malaika Jabali

Last Thursday, BuzzFeed News reported that online platforms, including Pinterest and the Knot Worldwide, would restrict content that features or romanticizes weddings held on former slave plantations. These changes were the result of a campaign by the social justice organization Color of Change. In a letter, Color of Change wrote that “plantations are physical reminders of one of the most horrific human rights abuses the world has ever seen. The wedding industry routinely denies the violent conditions Black people faced under chattel slavery by promoting plantations as romantic places to marry.”

What sort of people would get married in places like these?

Suck it up Buttercup. What the hell do you care where other people get married? Mind your own fucking business Moon Bat. Go put on your pink pussy hat and go howl at the sky if you are upset where people get married. Go put on your red flannel pajamas and run to your safe place.

Are we supposed to just tear down every plantation, and never use them for anything ever again?
I would keep a few as museum pieces, a symbol of evil. We have a castle over here that was built with the proceeds of slavery. Makes me sick to my stomach when I drive past it.
Have you considered psychiatric treatment? No? You should.

Are you talking to me or Tommy?
Tainted of course, not that you wouldn't benefit butt for entirely different reasons....... :eusa_whistle:

:D

They want the plantation buildings to be demolished. That's their next step.

The biggest reminder of slavery and subjugation is white people. That's what blacks really want to eliminate.

When Great Britain makes right all her human rights abuses then you can preach to America.

Plantation weddings are wrong. Why is it so hard for white Americans to admit that? | Malaika Jabali

Last Thursday, BuzzFeed News reported that online platforms, including Pinterest and the Knot Worldwide, would restrict content that features or romanticizes weddings held on former slave plantations. These changes were the result of a campaign by the social justice organization Color of Change. In a letter, Color of Change wrote that “plantations are physical reminders of one of the most horrific human rights abuses the world has ever seen. The wedding industry routinely denies the violent conditions Black people faced under chattel slavery by promoting plantations as romantic places to marry.”

What sort of people fixate on how other people get married? Why do you busybodies think it's any of your fucking business?
It struck me as obscene, pretty much because it is. I dont think Auschwitz does wedding receptions or christenings. Its the same thing.

I get that. I guess the problem (ie the reason you get pushback on these kinds of observations) is that when liberals start complaining about these kinds of things it usually leads to proposals for intrusive legislation.
The article has a sense of anger that I understand. There is a kind of whitewashing going on here that implies these houses were idyllic, dreamy homes. But that is a lie and perpetuates bullshit myths about these homes and that era.

Surely Gone With the Wind, and all that it stood for, is part of an awful time in US history. This sort of thing glamourises slavery.

"And as you walk down the aisle, pause, close your eyes, and you can almost hear a teenage girl being raped by Massa whilst her elderly parents are sold down the river. Heavenly! "

Why do you care? You’re not American

What a pathetic thing you are. Every place you look where humans have lived tragedy and horrible crimes have occurred at some time.

Grow a pair of balls and stop being a sniveling piece of shit.

rum and coke glamorizes HMS Bounty ----and the good british captain BLIGH
and the great british royal navy tradition of KEELHAULING. How can anyone
drink rum. -------and then there is tea---SYMBOL OF BRUTAL BRITISH IMPERIALISM

What a pathetic thing you are. Every place you look where humans have lived tragedy and horrible crimes have occurred at some time.

misogynist !!!!! wat's so great about balls?

What sort of people fixate on how other people get married? Why do you busybodies think it's any of your fucking business?
It struck me as obscene, pretty much because it is. I dont think Auschwitz does wedding receptions or christenings. Its the same thing.

I get that. I guess the problem (ie the reason you get pushback on these kinds of observations) is that when liberals start complaining about these kinds of things it usually leads to proposals for intrusive legislation.
The article has a sense of anger that I understand. There is a kind of whitewashing going on here that implies these houses were idyllic, dreamy homes. But that is a lie and perpetuates bullshit myths about these homes and that era.

Surely Gone With the Wind, and all that it stood for, is part of an awful time in US history. This sort of thing glamourises slavery.

"And as you walk down the aisle, pause, close your eyes, and you can almost hear a teenage girl being raped by Massa whilst her elderly parents are sold down the river. Heavenly! "
Tommy, I see that course in internet trolling has paid off. Told ya it would. :thup:

misogynist !!!!! wat's so great about balls?

Where do I start? :dunno:

Cause the plantation houses are quite beautiful. If you don’t like plantation weddings then don’t get one.

Forum List

Back