Plantation weddings are wrong. Why is it so hard for white Americans to admit that?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Plantation weddings are wrong. Why is it so hard for white Americans to admit that? | Malaika Jabali

Last Thursday, BuzzFeed News reported that online platforms, including Pinterest and the Knot Worldwide, would restrict content that features or romanticizes weddings held on former slave plantations. These changes were the result of a campaign by the social justice organization Color of Change. In a letter, Color of Change wrote that “plantations are physical reminders of one of the most horrific human rights abuses the world has ever seen. The wedding industry routinely denies the violent conditions Black people faced under chattel slavery by promoting plantations as romantic places to marry.”

What sort of people would get married in places like these?

Plantation weddings are wrong. Why is it so hard for white Americans to admit that? | Malaika Jabali

Last Thursday, BuzzFeed News reported that online platforms, including Pinterest and the Knot Worldwide, would restrict content that features or romanticizes weddings held on former slave plantations. These changes were the result of a campaign by the social justice organization Color of Change. In a letter, Color of Change wrote that “plantations are physical reminders of one of the most horrific human rights abuses the world has ever seen. The wedding industry routinely denies the violent conditions Black people faced under chattel slavery by promoting plantations as romantic places to marry.”

What sort of people get bugs up their asses over where someone holds their wedding, and more importantly, what type of loser bullies social media platforms to conform to their pathetic loser-think?

Are we supposed to just tear down every plantation, and never use them for anything ever again?

What sort of people fixate on how other people get married? Why do you busybodies think it's any of your fucking business?

How about this? As reparations we allow black people to live on the grounds for free. All they have to do in exchange is work on the upkeep.

Are we supposed to just tear down every plantation, and never use them for anything ever again?
I would keep a few as museum pieces, a symbol of evil. We have a castle over here that was built with the proceeds of slavery. Makes me sick to my stomach when I drive past it.

I would keep a few as museum pieces, a symbol of evil. We have a castle over here that was built with the proceeds of slavery. Makes me sick to my stomach when I drive past it.

Who cares? They're beautiful places. I'd live on Epstein's rape island if I was allowed to. :dunno:

What sort of people fixate on how other people get married? Why do you busybodies think it's any of your fucking business?
It struck me as obscene, pretty much because it is. I dont think Auschwitz does wedding receptions or christenings. Its the same thing.

It struck me as obscene, pretty much because it is. I dont think Auschwitz does wedding receptions or christenings. Its the same thing.

I get that. I guess the problem (ie the reason you get pushback on these kinds of observations) is that when liberals start complaining about these kinds of things it usually leads to proposals for intrusive legislation.

Wow, comparing Chattel Slavery, something done the world over by many cultures, including Africans, to the Holocaust....

Fucking pathetic.

Should every site in the world associated with atrocities stop being used for happy occasions? Where in England could you get married then?

th

Since online platforms, like Pinterest and Knot Worldwide, are so outraged by this then they're restricting the content of marriages preformed at places like the Pyramids, the Acropolis, the Great Wall of China, Chichen Itza, and other major historic sites built by slaves also right?

*****SMILE*****

:)

The author of this piece needs to mind his own business and to find something pressing to fret about.

Victim-hood is alive and not well.............

Forum List

Back