Pick for Prez Palin or Pelosi

2012 Election Ballot

• Nancy Pelosi (D)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Sarah Palin (R)

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
..until a Canadian company lowballs the fucking bidding and Palin succumbs to the Wall Street Journal aspect of her party and all those jobs *WHOOOOOOM* are no longer "kept here in the good ole USA".

Factories and jobs have been leaving the US for the last 20-years or more. Its not a GOP/dem issue, both slimy parties have sold out US workers to Wall Street.

bullshit. WHOSE PARTY is saturated with Wall Street Journal types? And, while dems may bow to pressure like candy asses at least they TRY to retain jobs with Buy American stipulations before such are eviscerated by, you guessed it, Republicans screaming trade war.

Which, again, is why it's so funny that you'd assume Sarah Palin would NOT dump the same ole free market bullshit at us as soon as a foreign nation underbids American job creating contracts.

I don't either, but between the 2, without a doubt Palin! I wouldn't even want Pelosi in charge of my Townhome Association!

Last edited:
Yeah.......I do.

Especially in light of the advances made since 2005.

You DO realize that they've developed an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, right?

Know why? Electric motors give IMMEDIATE power.

Oh yeah.......it can go around 200 miles on 1 charge.

Tell me again how much better "drill baby drill" is.

Electricity isn't free, it costs money and resources to produce. One of the movers (converts heat energy to mechanical energy to electrical energy) for electricity is OIL. If everyone has electric cars, the demand for electricity will...A) increase dramatically or B) stay the same because it will be too expensive for people to afford.
When you are talking of developing alternative sources of fuel, please show us where you are participating and not mandating. Mandates make everyone (except tax collectors and their bosses) less prosperous (that means more living in poverty and more looking for support from the gov).
Love how those that are so against "drilling" still use oil (in the form of gas, indoor plumbing or power for it, plastics and other oil-base products). Please lead us by example, demonstrate how much better life can be without oil or its products.
Until then, work on developing alternatives before mandating that everyone plunge themselves back into the dark ages so some religious zealot (greenies) can feel better about themselves.

Yeah.......I do.

You DO realize that they've developed an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, right?

You make it sound like "the answer is electric cars"

There are several problems with electric cars.
1. battery disposal, just imagine the envitonmental disasters waiting when the toxic mountains contaminate everything.
2. if everyone had an electric car we'd need much more electric power generation. Even now the supply/demand curve isn't balanced.

Does the phrase pie-in-the-sky mean anything to you? We need "drill baby drill" while we work our asses off to make electric cars practical.

No. I said alternative energy is the way, and one aspect of that is electric cars.

Is English your second language?

And, as far as the battery disposal? Well.......we've come a hell of a lot farther than just lithium/ion batteries. Did you know that they've developed a battery now that holds 10 times the charge of current LiIon batteries?

They're made out of paper.

Oh yeah.........there are also battery packs which are solar panels which you can use to re-charge your cell phone when you're in the mountains, as well as another one that generates quite a bit of electricity when you pee on it.

And that is just one small piece of the alternative energy pie.

Ever hear of geothermal? Tell you the truth, it would be cheaper (and safer) instead of building a nuke plant, to drill down around 3 or 4 miles until you hit magma, and let that power the steam.

One major benefit is no nuke waste. And.......before you tell me that isn't viable, you may wish to check Iceland and Norway for that one.

They're using it.

As far as "electric cars" being the only solution? Wrong again. They've built one that runs on compressed AIR, and it has a range of around 150 miles.

No......."drill baby drill" is a 1 trick pony, and not a very good one at that.

Please do more research on your "geothermal" answer. It is great if you have a stable, non-corrosive area that you can run pipes to heat what is inside (typically has chemicals added that could harm environment if ruptured). Aside from that electricity needs to be produced fairly close to the customer, and last time I checked we (this country) do not have magma sources close to our heavily populated areas which would make electricity more expensive and harder to get to the customer (you can't put it into trucks).

As for batteries, they have come a long way, but are not practical for a home power source.

As far as the urine based source, personally I would be a NIMBY, the smell for anything that would produce the power this country uses would far outweigh the small amount of electricity produced. I prefer indoor plumbing and pumped wastes.

Yeah.......I do.

So I would have to stop for how many hours for a recharge to get to my Daughters house about 280 miles away? We have a long way to go on electric cars.

Drill baby Drill will give us the time to perfect other alternate means. Instead of having government ram whatever they decide down our throats. I prefer science comes from scientists, in their own time.

Hey dipshit.......that's only 1 model of an electric car. There is one currently in development that has hit around 350 miles/charge.

And........before you go nuts about how much better gas is, consider this........

Most cars currently get between 25 and 40 mpg, so we'll use 30 as a rough middle.

Most tanks are 9-20 gallon tanks, with the average being around 12. 12 x 30 is 360, which means that an electric car can meet current standards being performed by gas engines.

Without all the pollution.

When electricity is generated, there is pollution (some methods of generation have LESS pollution, but it is still pollution). Because you can not see the pollution does not mean it is not there. There will also be pollution from electric cars: they use lubricants, coolants, and batteries, all pollutants.

Palins comments were in reference to end of life counselling to allow people to decide on what measures should or should not be taken to extend their life.

Palin turned this into "Obama wants to kill my downs syndrome baby"

Yes...she is insane

Can you point out where in either health care bill, a list of patients/citizens rights or protections? Anywhere?

I think it falls in right after the requirement to kill babies with downs syndrome

so you are trusting this gov and any future gov with your and your family's health choices?

You make it sound like "the answer is electric cars"

There are several problems with electric cars.
1. battery disposal, just imagine the envitonmental disasters waiting when the toxic mountains contaminate everything.
2. if everyone had an electric car we'd need much more electric power generation. Even now the supply/demand curve isn't balanced.

Does the phrase pie-in-the-sky mean anything to you? We need "drill baby drill" while we work our asses off to make electric cars practical.

No. I said alternative energy is the way, and one aspect of that is electric cars.

Is English your second language?

And, as far as the battery disposal? Well.......we've come a hell of a lot farther than just lithium/ion batteries. Did you know that they've developed a battery now that holds 10 times the charge of current LiIon batteries?

They're made out of paper.

Oh yeah.........there are also battery packs which are solar panels which you can use to re-charge your cell phone when you're in the mountains, as well as another one that generates quite a bit of electricity when you pee on it.

And that is just one small piece of the alternative energy pie.

Ever hear of geothermal? Tell you the truth, it would be cheaper (and safer) instead of building a nuke plant, to drill down around 3 or 4 miles until you hit magma, and let that power the steam.

One major benefit is no nuke waste. And.......before you tell me that isn't viable, you may wish to check Iceland and Norway for that one.

They're using it.

As far as "electric cars" being the only solution? Wrong again. They've built one that runs on compressed AIR, and it has a range of around 150 miles.

No......."drill baby drill" is a 1 trick pony, and not a very good one at that.

Please do more research on your "geothermal" answer. It is great if you have a stable, non-corrosive area that you can run pipes to heat what is inside (typically has chemicals added that could harm environment if ruptured). Aside from that electricity needs to be produced fairly close to the customer, and last time I checked we (this country) do not have magma sources close to our heavily populated areas which would make electricity more expensive and harder to get to the customer (you can't put it into trucks).

As for batteries, they have come a long way, but are not practical for a home power source.

As far as the urine based source, personally I would be a NIMBY, the smell for anything that would produce the power this country uses would far outweigh the small amount of electricity produced. I prefer indoor plumbing and pumped wastes.

Thank you for taking the time to point out kyzr's lack of understanding when it comes to geothermal. We are implementing it everyday in Virginia to help reduce energy costs, and last I checked, we don't have any volcanoes close by....:eusa_shhh:

I think it falls in right after the requirement to kill babies with downs syndrome

so you are trusting this gov and any future gov with your and your family's health choices?

If you read the proposed bills they require PRIVATE insurance

Nice try though

Private insurance???????

Wasn't someone just pointing out how the Republicans were the friends to big corporations?

Things that make ya go HMMMMMM:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Nice try though

Private insurance???????

Wasn't someone just pointing out how the Republicans were the friends to big corporations?

Way to move the goalposts.

But of course some Dems are in the pocket of Big Insurance... *cough* Lieberman *cough*. Corruption lives on both sides of the aisle, no more on one side than the other. Anyone who thinks differently is either a partisan hack or a naive moron.

Nice try though

Private insurance???????

Big Insurance knew they had the Republicans firmly in their pocket. That meant they only needed to muscle one more Senator.

Hmmmmm...who to pick? Maybe the Senator from the Insurance Capital of the US

Insurance companies once again showed who is boss when it comes to healthcare

Nice try though

Private insurance???????

Big Insurance knew they had the Republicans firmly in their pocket. That meant they only needed to muscle one more Senator.

Yet not one Republican Senator voted in favor of this Bill......... To stay with the facts.

Private insurance???????

Yet not one Republican Senator voted in favor of this Bill......... To stay with the facts.

You expected more from the "Party of NO" ???

What it means is you can't blame all of the turmoil on them.

They're out of the picture so the problem is between Democrats because they have the votes to pass it without one single vote from the GOP.

Read it and weep.:cool:

What it means is you can't blame all of the turmoil on them.

They're out of the picture so the problem is between Democrats because they have the votes to pass it without one single vote from the GOP.

Read it and weep.:cool:

Gee...

Do you think they will do it without the blessing of the GOP??

Um, it looks to me like they said no to the big insurance corporations. Some of whom; come to think of it; probably were just bailed out using our money. But never fear the Democrats made sure that Big insurance will have millions of new customers, at least for a while. Until they figure out how to get single payer or some other means of total control.

Um, it looks to me like they said no to the big insurance corporations. Some of whom; come to think of it; probably were just bailed out using our money. But never fear the Democrats made sure that Big insurance will have millions of new customers, at least for a while. Until they figure out how to get single payer or some other means of total control.

They said no to Big Insurance?

Then why all the rhetoric about a Government takeover of insurance?

Forum List

Back