Pick for Prez Palin or Pelosi

2012 Election Ballot

• Nancy Pelosi (D)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Sarah Palin (R)

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
Yeah.......I do.

Especially in light of the advances made since 2005.

You DO realize that they've developed an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, right?

Know why? Electric motors give IMMEDIATE power.

Oh yeah.......it can go around 200 miles on 1 charge.

Tell me again how much better "drill baby drill" is.

So I would have to stop for how many hours for a recharge to get to my Daughters house about 280 miles away? We have a long way to go on electric cars.

Drill baby Drill will give us the time to perfect other alternate means. Instead of having government ram whatever they decide down our throats. I prefer science comes from scientists, in their own time.

Hey dipshit.......that's only 1 model of an electric car. There is one currently in development that has hit around 350 miles/charge.

And........before you go nuts about how much better gas is, consider this........

Most cars currently get between 25 and 40 mpg, so we'll use 30 as a rough middle.

Most tanks are 9-20 gallon tanks, with the average being around 12. 12 x 30 is 360, which means that an electric car can meet current standards being performed by gas engines.

Without all the pollution.

Hey dipshit, do you not comprehend well? Drill our own fucking oil instead of sending our Bucks to the enemy. Allow our scientists the time to develop and perfect any new energy sources that they come up with. And you don't think this will generate better alternatives and more jobs than our dumb ass government telling us what fucking light bulbs we have to use?

It's nice that the Government has demanded better mileage and the electric cars, even solar energy, But what are we missing because of this government interferance?

Well.........gee Ollie........what part of THEY'VE GOTTEN IT TO WHERE IT'S VIABLE do you keep missing?

And yeah.....the light bulbs do work.

So would instead of making the asphalt black, we make it white. Also implement it into the building codes for the cities that the roofs of houses need to be white.

Why? Simple........a significant reduction in energy.

Bet you didn't know that.

Bet you also don't keep up with science either, do you? Did you know that there is a game put out by Mattel called "Mind Link" which allows the user to make a ball float, and guide it through a tabletop course, with only the power of your mind?

It's apparent Ollie, you don't pay attention to much outside of your own small world.

You DO realize that they've developed an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, right? Know why? Electric motors give IMMEDIATE power. Oh yeah.......it can go around 200 miles on 1 charge. Tell me again how much better "drill baby drill" is.

You make it sound like "the answer is electric cars"

There are several problems with electric cars.
1. battery disposal, just imagine the envitonmental disasters waiting when the toxic mountains contaminate everything.
2. if everyone had an electric car we'd need much more electric power generation. Even now the supply/demand curve isn't balanced. Does the phrase pie-in-the-sky mean anything to you? We need "drill baby drill" while we work our asses off to make electric cars practical.

No. I said alternative energy is the way, and one aspect of that is electric cars.
Is English your second language?

And, as far as the battery disposal? Well.......we've come a hell of a lot farther than just lithium/ion batteries. Did you know that they've developed a battery now that holds 10 times the charge of current LiIon batteries?

They're made out of paper.

Oh yeah.........there are also battery packs which are solar panels which you can use to re-charge your cell phone when you're in the mountains, as well as another one that generates quite a bit of electricity when you pee on it.

And that is just one small piece of the alternative energy pie.

Ever hear of geothermal? Tell you the truth, it would be cheaper (and safer) instead of building a nuke plant, to drill down around 3 or 4 miles until you hit magma, and let that power the steam.

One major benefit is no nuke waste. And.......before you tell me that isn't viable, you may wish to check Iceland and Norway for that one. They're using it.

As far as "electric cars" being the only solution? Wrong again. They've built one that runs on compressed AIR, and it has a range of around 150 miles. No......."drill baby drill" is a 1 trick pony, and not a very good one at that.

Oh to be a La-La Liberal instead of understanding engineering. You must be a liberal arts major bragging about your critical thinking skills....
Geothermal is TOTALLY dependent upon geology, no volcanoes means no geothermal. You're simply wrong. Geothermal power in Iceland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to the Laws of Physics you need to put energy in before you can extract work, and efficiency is always less than one. So no matter if cars are powered with air, electricity, CNG, or sauerkraut, you need to find a massive energy source, and wind or solar isn't it. Maybe you an run your car and those big trucks that take food to the stores off your paper cell phone battery?? Stick to the fields you have some clue about, energy isn't it.

Well.........gee Ollie........what part of THEY'VE GOTTEN IT TO WHERE IT'S VIABLE do you keep missing?

And yeah.....the light bulbs do work.

So would instead of making the asphalt black, we make it white. Also implement it into the building codes for the cities that the roofs of houses need to be white.

Why? Simple........a significant reduction in energy.

Bet you didn't know that.

Bet you also don't keep up with science either, do you? Did you know that there is a game put out by Mattel called "Mind Link" which allows the user to make a ball float, and guide it through a tabletop course, with only the power of your mind?

It's apparent Ollie, you don't pay attention to much outside of your own small world.

You haven't a clue what I know and do not know. you seem to forget that I was on the cutting edge of technology during the rise of computers. Yes I follow science rather well.
I do not play games though. sounds interesting but also a bit hard to believe. Now the cars you are talking about may be viable, for some instances. do you not understand my simple points?

Give science the time needed to find the best alternatives. And perfect them. Do not allow politics to force us into a mistake.

I'm all for renewable energy. I'm all in favor of lowering my electric and gas bills every month. I actually have these new lights in my house, everywhere. I even have some that are LED. Outside lighting is solar. But it is far from perfect.

Did you know that the ecology nutcases have now started talking about the hum that windmills make being bad for birds mating? Or that they are complaining because of an Idea that turned waves into energy would have a cable attached to the ocean floor and could therefore change the ecology?

There are lots of experiments going on, lets drill and drill some more until we don't need to any longer. We are looking at the same future for energy, you just want it all now instead of giving some time for science to get it right.

Anyone with half a brain can see where the current bill will lead... to single payer healthcare... and the introduction of what Palin refers to as 'death panels'. That liberals are too fucking dumb to see past the nose on their face is what got us into this mess. Idiot.

Got your tap dancing shoes on now?

That is not what Palin was refering to as "Death Panels" She specifically stated that she was referring to end of life counseling. It had nothing to do with single payer healthcare.
“The provision that President Obama refers to is Section 1233 of HR 3200, entitled ‘Advance Care Planning Consultation" These are Palins words

For Palin to an take end of life consultation and turn it into a DEATH PANEL that would kill her Down Syndrome baby because he has no value to society show the disdain she has for the American people. She really thinks we are that stupid

Her supporters are dude. Seriously.

As opposed to "Muthafucka please!"?

Palin isn't certifiably insane?

"Obama wants to kill my Downs syndrome baby because he is unproductive"

Palin's comment about Trig is a reference to what she refers to as 'death panels' and 'death panels' will be a consequence of the healthcare plans currently winding its way through the system. Every country with a single payer system has what Palin refers to as 'death panels'. Trust you to use it as 'evidence' that she is insane.

The only time I would cast a vote for Pelosi would be if I was on the jury convicting her. Palin, on the other hand, is just not up to the job. If we have learned nothing else from Obama is this....

We should stop electing idiots.

Palins comments were in reference to end of life counselling to allow people to decide on what measures should or should not be taken to extend their life.

Palin turned this into "Obama wants to kill my downs syndrome baby"

Yes...she is insane

Palin's comments do not prove insanity. They simply prove how uneducated, partisan and out of touch with reality she is. At this point, all Palin cares about is making a buck. She has a fairly large following of morons and will take their money every chance she gets. All she has to do is make idiotic statements like these, without one iota of legitimacy, and her followers go apeshit. P.T. Barnum said it best; "There's a sucker born every minute", and Palin, to her credit, is using this fact for her financial gain.

Anyone that describes her experience on foreign affiars as being able to see Russia from her house.. Does not disserve to be in office.. Anyone that can lie to the american people as much as she has doesn't disserve to be in the white house.. The fact that so many on this forum would vote for her truly shows a lack of IQ points in some of the members..

She is a liar..

She has no experience..

She is a quitter..

All of these things disqualify her in a big way..

Palin isn't certifiably insane?

"Obama wants to kill my Downs syndrome baby because he is unproductive"

Palin's comment about Trig is a reference to what she refers to as 'death panels' and 'death panels' will be a consequence of the healthcare plans currently winding its way through the system. Every country with a single payer system has what Palin refers to as 'death panels'. Trust you to use it as 'evidence' that she is insane.

The only time I would cast a vote for Pelosi would be if I was on the jury convicting her. Palin, on the other hand, is just not up to the job. If we have learned nothing else from Obama is this....

We should stop electing idiots.

Palins comments were in reference to end of life counselling to allow people to decide on what measures should or should not be taken to extend their life.

Palin turned this into "Obama wants to kill my downs syndrome baby"

Yes...she is insane

No, they were not. Believe what MSM tell you to believe if you want to but she was not referring to end of life counseling.... she was talkikng about the group(s) that will be required to decide who gets what treatment in a rationed system. The problem with the left is you get your information from the MSM and they are not keen for you to know facts, just propaganda.

Anyone that describes her experience on foreign affiars as being able to see Russia from her house.. Does not disserve to be in office.. Anyone that can lie to the american people as much as she has doesn't disserve to be in the white house.. The fact that so many on this forum would vote for her truly shows a lack of IQ points in some of the members..

She is a liar..

She has no experience..

She is a quitter..

Sarah Palin never said she could see Russia from her house.

That is a joke Tina Fey delivered on SNL.

Seems to me people have been lying about what Sarah Palin said so much that it's gotten to the point that nobody knows what she actually said.

One thing she did say was "the lip-stick joke".....to which Obama.....the class-act that he is, jokingly said "You can put lip-stick on a pig...but it's still a pig".

What a nice guy. I'm so happy he's the President.:eusa_angel:

She is a liar..

She has no experience..

She is a quitter..

How stupid are you that you can't tell the difference between a Tina Fey skit and Sarah Palin?

Fucking hell! Some people are dirt dumb and you provide the evidence to support the view that you are one of them.

Those who think Palin is a viable candidate would be well served by a history lesson.

Anybody here remember George Wallace? He was the last angry 'populist'. Palin is merely a prettier version of Wallace circa 1968.

Wasn't there also a strong racist component to the message of Wallace? I'm not hearing that from Palin.

At gunpoint ? I'd choose Shrieking Sarah Psychopath.
She's a fucking idiot but Pelosi is evil to the core.

I fixed the choice issues by voting with my feet.

She is a liar..

She has no experience..

She is a quitter..

How stupid are you that you can't tell the difference between a Tina Fey skit and Sarah Palin?

Fucking hell! Some people are dirt dumb and you provide the evidence to support the view that you are one of them.

Like the folks that believe the Progressive movement is all about progress.:cool:

Forum List

Back