Pick for Prez Palin or Pelosi

2012 Election Ballot

• Nancy Pelosi (D)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Sarah Palin (R)

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
I'll tell you how healthcare reform with a viable public option became known as "death panels".

It's really easy actually. Republicans (like Palin) are incapable of using words with more than 2 syllables, because the amount of letters in those words scares them.

So..........the took the term "healthcare reform" and dropped the reform, leaving just healthcare (2 syllables).

But, because the Republicans like to reduce things to simple bite sized bits, they decided to shorten the word "healthcare" to "death".

Why? Because without healthcare, you die.

They also took the groups of people and called them "panels" (no thinking required here.....it's a 1 syllable word).

And.........Volia!....................because they wanted to shorten it and protest against it, they shortened it to the easiest thing to remember (death panels), and told everyone that's what they would do.

Why did they do that? Because they'd learned from the previous admin that people are easier to control when they're scared.

And death scares most people.

Palins comments were in reference to end of life counselling to allow people to decide on what measures should or should not be taken to extend their life.

Palin turned this into "Obama wants to kill my downs syndrome baby"

Yes...she is insane

No, they weren't. That is just a pile of shit that the DNC and MSM spews in order to distract from the very valid point that Palin made. Not surprised that you got suckered in - in order to understand what she means - you would require to develop the skill of independent thought.

She's not insane. Pelosi is insane. I would still not vote for either.

What was her valid point?

There were no "death panels" in the legislation. The only wording remotely close was the voluntary end of life counselling which Palin twisted into "Obama wants to kill my baby"

Sick bitch

Anyone with half a brain can see where the current bill will lead... to single payer healthcare... and the introduction of what Palin refers to as 'death panels'. That liberals are too fucking dumb to see past the nose on their face is what got us into this mess. Idiot.

No, they weren't. That is just a pile of shit that the DNC and MSM spews in order to distract from the very valid point that Palin made. Not surprised that you got suckered in - in order to understand what she means - you would require to develop the skill of independent thought.

There were no "death panels" in the legislation. The only wording remotely close was the voluntary end of life counselling which Palin twisted into "Obama wants to kill my baby"

Sick bitch

Anyone with half a brain can see where the current bill will lead... to single payer healthcare... and the introduction of what Palin refers to as 'death panels'. That liberals are too fucking dumb to see past the nose on their face is what got us into this mess. Idiot.

I love these crystal ball posts.

I remember back in 2008 when every Conservative that I knew refused to accept that Obama was going to win - the PUMA people were all gonna vote for McCain, or the Michelle "Whitey" video was gonna come out, or the Birth Certificate was gonna stop him, etc etc etc.

How'd that one work out?

Sick bitch

Explains why you continually refer to them as "death panels" Cali Twit.

You don't have even half a brain!

Sick bitch

Got your tap dancing shoes on now?

That is not what Palin was refering to as "Death Panels" She specifically stated that she was referring to end of life counseling. It had nothing to do with single payer healthcare.
“The provision that President Obama refers to is Section 1233 of HR 3200, entitled ‘Advance Care Planning Consultation" These are Palins words

For Palin to an take end of life consultation and turn it into a DEATH PANEL that would kill her Down Syndrome baby because he has no value to society show the disdain she has for the American people. She really thinks we are that stupid

There was a massive political shakeout at the conventions, and the two contenders for prez for the 2012 election are Sarah Palin and Nancy Pelosi.

Who would you vote for? (you can write-in someone, but that is throwing your vote away)

Run Sarah, run. Please God, let her be the republican they put out there. Please.

Sick bitch

Got your tap dancing shoes on now?

That is not what Palin was refering to as "Death Panels" She specifically stated that she was referring to end of life counseling. It had nothing to do with single payer healthcare.
“The provision that President Obama refers to is Section 1233 of HR 3200, entitled ‘Advance Care Planning Consultation" These are Palins words

For Palin to an take end of life consultation and turn it into a DEATH PANEL that would kill her Down Syndrome baby because he has no value to society show the disdain she has for the American people. She really thinks we are that stupid

Her supporters are dude. Seriously.

Run Sarah, please run. Split your party, run, help us out.

The point of this exercise is to show how Palin is constantly ridiculed by the MSM, and Nancy, who is certifiably insane, gets a pass. Or is it just my perception......

Botox has fried Pelosi's brain

There was a massive political shakeout at the conventions, and the two contenders for prez for the 2012 election are Sarah Palin and Nancy Pelosi.

Who would you vote for? (you can write-in someone, but that is throwing your vote away)

I'd vote third party.

Nothing funnier than listening to Libs try to explain themselves, especially when they think someone who calls in and identities himself as a "teabagger" is a real Conservative.

I'd waste my vote and write "none of the above".

Why? Palin is about as stupid as they come. I watched a special on Friday showing Palin on her book tour. It also had interviews with a whole bunch of people who were there to get a copy of her book. Interestingly enough, whenever they were asked what they liked about Palin, it was "she's smart, she's down to earth, and has the best interests of the country at heart. She's just like us.".

Now...........Palin is anything BUT down to earth. She's more interested in lining her pockets than she is fulfilling her obligation to her fans to sign their books, so no, she's not down to earth.

Has the best interests of the country at heart? As long as those interests are held by the conservative republicans, and based on what I've seen at town hall meetings and the like, those interests for the few are not in the interests of the majority.

Besides, "drill baby drill" isn't exactly smart either. We'd be better off developing our renewable sources, but, the conservatives won't let that happen because then they wouldn't have a lock on the money involved with clean energy like they currently do with oil.

As far as "being just like us"? How many people have participated in a presidential election as a candidate? How many have jet setted around this country for a year? How many people have appeared on Oprah, Saturday Night Live and all the other places?

Just like us my ass.

As far as Pelosi? She's a hypocritical, backstabbing bitch who needs to be swallowed up by an earthquake.

So you really think that "renewable energy" is better than "drill baby drill"?

It boils down to practicality. I agree that we need to massively increase the MPG our cars get, and to implement modern HSR and public trans systems. That would be a good use of "stimulus money".
However, we MUST keep the lights on even when the sun isn't out or the wind isn't blowing, so I'm a nuclear energy advocate. We aren't replacing our aging nuke plants, and Obama isn't looking at our power-demand curve against the power-supply curve. Somethings gotta give, probably headed for more blackouts ala CA.

At least Palin supports drilling in ANWR and off-shore. She'd keep the lights on and jobs here in the US. Obama will find out that when "energy costs necessarily need to skyrocket" that employment necessarily vanishes...

Yeah.......I do.

Especially in light of the advances made since 2005.

You DO realize that they've developed an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, right?

Know why? Electric motors give IMMEDIATE power.

Oh yeah.......it can go around 200 miles on 1 charge.

Tell me again how much better "drill baby drill" is.

..until a Canadian company lowballs the fucking bidding and Palin succumbs to the Wall Street Journal aspect of her party and all those jobs *WHOOOOOOM* are no longer "kept here in the good ole USA".

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah.......I do.

You DO realize that they've developed an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, right?

You make it sound like "the answer is electric cars"

There are several problems with electric cars.
1. battery disposal, just imagine the environmental disasters waiting when the toxic mountains contaminate everything.
2. if everyone had an electric car we'd need much more electric power generation. Even now the supply/demand curve isn't balanced.

Does the phrase pie-in-the-sky mean anything to you? We need "drill baby drill" while we work our asses off to make electric cars practical.

Last edited:
Yeah.......I do.

1. battery disposal, just imagine the envitonmental disasters waiting when the toxic mountains contaminate everything.
2. if everyone had an electric car we'd need much more electric power generation. Even now the supply/demand curve isn't balanced.

Does the phrase pie-in-the-sky mean anything to you? We need "drill baby drill" while we work our asses off to make electric cars practical.

Or we can put our time and energy into generating more electricity from slightly more renewable sources - more nuke plants, wind farms, desert solar panels, etc.

Yeah.......I do.

1. battery disposal, just imagine the envitonmental disasters waiting when the toxic mountains contaminate everything.

No. I said alternative energy is the way, and one aspect of that is electric cars.

Is English your second language?

And, as far as the battery disposal? Well.......we've come a hell of a lot farther than just lithium/ion batteries. Did you know that they've developed a battery now that holds 10 times the charge of current LiIon batteries?

They're made out of paper.

Oh yeah.........there are also battery packs which are solar panels which you can use to re-charge your cell phone when you're in the mountains, as well as another one that generates quite a bit of electricity when you pee on it.

And that is just one small piece of the alternative energy pie.

Ever hear of geothermal? Tell you the truth, it would be cheaper (and safer) instead of building a nuke plant, to drill down around 3 or 4 miles until you hit magma, and let that power the steam.

One major benefit is no nuke waste. And.......before you tell me that isn't viable, you may wish to check Iceland and Norway for that one.

They're using it.

As far as "electric cars" being the only solution? Wrong again. They've built one that runs on compressed AIR, and it has a range of around 150 miles.

No......."drill baby drill" is a 1 trick pony, and not a very good one at that.

..until a Canadian company lowballs the fucking bidding and Palin succumbs to the Wall Street Journal aspect of her party and all those jobs *WHOOOOOOM* are no longer "kept here in the good ole USA".

Factories and jobs have been leaving the US for the last 20-years or more. Its not a GOP/dem issue, both slimy parties have sold out US workers to Wall Street.

Yeah.......I do.

So I would have to stop for how many hours for a recharge to get to my Daughters house about 280 miles away? We have a long way to go on electric cars.

Drill baby Drill will give us the time to perfect other alternate means. Instead of having government ram whatever they decide down our throats. I prefer science comes from scientists, in their own time.

Last edited:
Yeah.......I do.

So I would have to stop for how many hours for a recharge to get to my Daughters house about 280 miles away? We have a long way to go on electric cars.

Drill baby Drill will give us the time to perfect other alternate means. Instead of having government ram whatever they decide down our throats. I prefer science comes from scientists, in their own time.

Hey dipshit.......that's only 1 model of an electric car. There is one currently in development that has hit around 350 miles/charge.

And........before you go nuts about how much better gas is, consider this........

Most cars currently get between 25 and 40 mpg, so we'll use 30 as a rough middle.

Most tanks are 9-20 gallon tanks, with the average being around 12. 12 x 30 is 360, which means that an electric car can meet current standards being performed by gas engines.

Without all the pollution.

Forum List

Back