Photoshop Wasserman for next group pic

I don't see where your article shows it was common knowledge. The article's pic has Wasserman and crew missing if you note. A news agency is the one who called foul, and rightfully so. A simple explanation AND apology would have been great.

Instead, excuses. The point of this thread, besides watching the left continue with excuses here...

An "explanation" was given as the pictures were being taken.

What should they "apologize" for?

Your article says no such thing.

I fixed the quote tags. Sorry about that, didn't catch it in time.

The blog post I linked to was the source of the story. That's where the outrage farmers got the story from in the first place.

Do you not see how illogical it is to claim that Pelosi tried to "cover it up" when the source of the story, a reporter, was told about it.

How can they be "covering up" something that they told to a reporter?

An "explanation" was given as the pictures were being taken.

What should they "apologize" for?

The blog post I linked to was the source of the story. That's where the outrage farmers got the story from in the first place.

Do you not see how illogical it is to claim that Pelosi tried to "cover it up" when the source of the story, a reporter, was told about it.

:lol: Yes, the quote tags messed me up pretty good. :lol: Thanks.

Cover up is a strong word, which I don't think applies. My point was the excuses given, instead of continuing the apparent honesty to Congresspersons about the pictures modifications. As I read it, the reporter discovered the email, not the picture. Could be wrong.

Last edited:

:lol: Yes, the quote tags messed me up pretty good. :lol: Thanks.

Cover up is a strong word, which I don't think apples. My point was the excuses given, instead of continuing the apparent honesty to Congresspersons about the pictures modifications. As I read it, the reporter discovered the email, not the picture. Could be wrong.

Where have you read that?

dogs-humping_zpscd4b7a53.jpg

This is only political because it involves Nancy Pelosi and it is a way to play gotcha politics with her and the democratic leadership, even though there really isn't a whole lot of "gotcha" here. A few members weren't able to make the photo shoot so they photoshopped them in so that they would still be included. It wasn't hidden or lied about and at the end of the day it is just a nice photograph commemorating women. If this makes the news cycle for more than a day it will be indicative of the slimy direction that politics continues to go towards and how people are continuing to make something out of nothing while claiming to still somehow be above it all.

From my article Doc: Pelosi’s office distributed the manipulated image on Thursday, sending out an email noting, “this version has the four members who were late photo-shopped in.”

News organizations ran with the story, questioning its accuracy as a historical document, since four members were not actually present for the group photo.

Ron Sachs, president of the White House News Photographers Association, said Friday in a statement to TODAY.com, "Today's 'doctored' photo is not a true representation of the moment that happened yesterday, which brings into question the integrity of photos released by the government."

From my article Doc: Pelosi’s office distributed the manipulated image on Thursday, sending out an email noting, “this version has the four members who were late photo-shopped in.”

News organizations ran with the story, questioning its accuracy as a historical document, since four members were not actually present for the group photo.

Ron Sachs, president of the White House News Photographers Association, said Friday in a statement to TODAY.com, "Today's 'doctored' photo is not a true representation of the moment that happened yesterday, which brings into question the integrity of photos released by the government."

I see that as incredibly ambiguously written. Which is why I looked at a number of other stories about it - and they all pointed me back to the NYTimes blog post as their "source" for the whole story.

I see that as incredibly ambiguously written. Which is why I looked at a number of other stories about it - and they all pointed me back to the NYTimes blog post as their "source" for the whole story.

Hence my could be wrong. Still, the article you found uses the photographer's original picture, so I assume the reporter was not at the photo session. It was upon finding the email that the story broke.

This is only political because it involves Nancy Pelosi and it is a way to play gotcha politics with her and the democratic leadership, even though there really isn't a whole lot of "gotcha" here. A few members weren't able to make the photo shoot so they photoshopped them in so that they would still be included. It wasn't hidden or lied about and at the end of the day it is just a nice photograph commemorating women. If this makes the news cycle for more than a day it will be indicative of the slimy direction that politics continues to go towards and how people are continuing to make something out of nothing while claiming to still somehow be above it all.

Fine for our government to use digital editing techniques to misrepresent events / places where our politicians attend, then?

Wow.

Hence my could be wrong. Still, the article you found uses the photographer's original picture, so I assume the reporter was not at the photo session. It was upon finding the email that the story broke.

If you read the story, you'll see it's pretty clear that the reporter was there.

Actually, the more I read about this story, the more ridiculous it becomes.

As far as I can tell, it seems the doctored photo wasn't even released to the press, it was just posted on Pelosi's flikr account. The photos released to the press were undoctored.

I question that Doc, Ms. Parker fails to mention the other three Congresswomen who were also late. It sounds more like she took the picture and some antedotals from Pelosi to write it.

As far as I can tell, it seems the doctored photo wasn't even released to the press, it was just posted on Pelosi's flikr account. The photos released to the press were undoctored.

A harmless deception by our government as to an event attended by politicians, then.

heilh.jpg

really?

i thought it had maxed out the ridiculousness quotient the first time i read it.

kinda like all the polls that had romney winning in a landslide.

:lol:

I question that Doc, Ms. Parker fails to mention the other three Congresswomen who were also late. It sounds more like she took the picture and some antedotals from Pelosi to write it.

No, that's the type of thing that reporters get into a lot of trouble doing. I'm certain that the reporter was there.

This story: Nancy Pelosi defends doctored photos | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog - seems to imply that the doctored photo was never released to the press, only posted on Pelosi's flikr account - and, from the credits on the pictures at the top, the undoctored one was released to the AP.

Fine for our government to use digital editing techniques to misrepresent events / places where our politicians attend, then?

Wow.

It is just a photograph of female members that was photoshopped for pretty innocent reasons. It's not a matter of national security, national trust, national intrigue, or anything beyond a photograph that was meant to be positive and inclusive. This is just not news i'm sorry.

Wow.

It is just a photograph of female members that was photoshopped for pretty innocent reasons. It's not a matter of national security, national trust, national intrigue, or anything beyond a photograph that was meant to be positive and inclusive. This is just not news i'm sorry.

I wouldn't expect a Leftist to care about right or wrong.

LOL

Forum List

Back