Photo Shows McConnell In Front of Confederate Flag. So ?

Sure, the Confederacy was a slave colony with about 80 % of the population being blacks. But I guess, it´s today´s meaning is different from what it was back then. It´s the rebel yell and so on. Most people do not have slavery in mind when they put their stickers on the cycles but the exact opposite.

Actually, it's the same thing, keeping the darkies in their place.

Stick to regurgitating the Syrian Propaganda line, you sound less retarded.
Looks like provocation to me.

stock-vector-skeleton-wearing-confederate-military-cap-and-musket-gun-rebel-flag-and-text-rebel-yell-620983427.jpg

Since you tend to have a weakness for assassinations of elected Presidents, will you be after Maduro, soon?
It's history, it happened. Learn from it, don't try to erase it.

It's history. It happened. It was one of our most shameful periods. We should be ashamed of it. Not celebrate it.

Based on what you say, we shouldn't fly the U.S. flag. If flying a Confederate flag celebrates slavery, so do flying the U.S. flag. Are you arguing that slavery under the U.S. flag wasn't done on purpose?

Sure, the Confederacy was a slave colony with about 80 % of the population being blacks. But I guess, it´s today´s meaning is different from what it was back then. It´s the rebel yell and so on. Most people do not have slavery in mind when they put their stickers on the cycles but the exact opposite.

stock-vector-skeleton-wearing-confederate-military-cap-and-musket-gun-rebel-flag-and-text-rebel-yell-620983427.jpg

Since you tend to have a weakness for assassinations of elected Presidents, will you be after Maduro, soon?
There are other forms of racism in America, too. You need to tolerate or ban them all.

Since most, as you say, darkies choose to be on the Democrat plantation today, stop whining. Overwhelmingly Democrats for over 50 years and look at the results. Unemployment twice that of whites although under a Republican it is the lowest in history. An over 70% bastard birth rate when it was much lower before Democrat social welfare programs. The highest dropout rate of any race.

:eek: Have I introduced you to IM2 yet?

Since most, as you say, darkies choose to be on the Democrat plantation today, stop whining. Overwhelmingly Democrats for over 50 years and look at the results. Unemployment twice that of whites although under a Republican it is the lowest in history. An over 70% bastard birth rate when it was much lower before Democrat social welfare programs. The highest dropout rate of any race.

:eek: Have I introduced you to IM2 yet?

Never met him.

There are other forms of racism in America, too. You need to tolerate or ban them all.

Boy, you know nothing about racism in America. Stick to topics you know of.

I even know a lot about it, boy. Do southerners say boy when they actually mean black slave?

I even know a lot about it, boy. Do southerners say boy when they actually mean black slave?

Sometimes, and sometimes not. ;)

Obviously, you're not a black slave from America.

PS: There aren't any in 2019.

If the rebel flag ever meant anything good it was long before any of us were born.

So Germans should display the Nazi flag because it's history? They should keep statues of Hitler in the town square?

Museums are the appropriate place.

Sometimes, and sometimes not. ;)

Obviously, you're not a black slave from America.

PS: There aren't any in 2019.
Yes, as far as I know, slaves had no access to the Internet back then...

A photograph of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) posing in front of a Confederate flag is making the rounds on social media. Why ? What does it matter ? The flag represents a regional kinship that many southerners have. Sure, it also once represented the Confederacy, and a defense of slavery, 154 years ago, but that was then, not now, and it was generations ago.

Also, it might be noted that many (if not most) of the southerners who fought in the Civil War did so only in self-defense, against an army that traveled hundreds of miles to their home towns, and was shooting at them, blowing up their building, burning down their churches. When asked of southern fighters why they were fighting, the common answer was almost always "Because you're here".

Few southerners, engaged in battle with or without the Confederate flag flying, knew much of anything about slavery, about the Confederacy, and few probably ever even heard of Jefferson Davis. In those days, there was no TV, no radio, no computers, and if southerners had a local newspaper at all, they probably couldn't read it anyway.

So did the veterans who died fighting in defense of their home turfs deserve to be remembered and honored for their courage, as much as the Union troops who attacked them ? I would say so.
So, is the Sons of Confederate Veterans (the group at which McConnell is shown in the picture) a legitimate organization, with a reasonable (if not honorable) standing ? I would say so. Is the Confederate flag a reasonable symbol for the group ? I think it is, as long as one isn't looking for negatives, and prospecting for dispute.

And if one is looking for adversity, might not the burden be on THEM, to justify what could be seen as a bigoted perspective, toward a region of the country inhabited by over 100 million people ?

Dya03YXUUAAAbIa

Photo of Mitch McConnell in Front of a Confederate Flag Resurfaces Amid Northam Yearbook Controversy

The Confederate Flag is the flag of an enemy nation to the United States. There is no point in the short history of the CSA they were not an enemy.

Flying their flag is no different than flying the Rising Sun flag or the Nazi Germany flag

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Accepting an award from the "Sons of Confederate Veterans" is in itself an abomination.

Along with that comes the association with an organization that still celebrates the mass-murderous war to keep and expand slavery.

Compared to that, the lesser of McConnell's transgressions was publicly to pose for a photo before that flag, which like nothing else stands for White supremacy, and the subjugation, dehumanization, and brutalization of Black people. That's what enslavement really is.

If Northam has to go - and he probably should - McConnell deserves to be defenestrated.

Accepting an award from the "Sons of Confederate Veterans" is in itself an abomination.

Along with that comes the association with an organization that still celebrates the mass-murderous war to keep and expand slavery.

Compared to that, the lesser of McConnell's transgressions was publicly to pose for a photo before that flag, which like nothing else stands for White supremacy, and the subjugation, dehumanization, and brutalization of Black people. That's what enslavement really is.

If Northam has to go - and he probably should - McConnell deserves to be defenestrated.

The Democrat Party is the Party of Slavery, and has never quit being The Party of Slavery.

This is why they are opposed to anything that would slow down, impede, or block their easy access to Brown Slaves South of the border, such as a Border Security Solution.

They need their Brown Slaves to work their plantations and sweat shops, and if you get in the way of that, well, you are the racist, not them.

The sons of the confederacy do little to protect their "heritage" from appropriation by white supremacists. The reason is simple, they are all part of the same lousy bunch of haters.

So Germans should display the Nazi flag because it's history? They should keep statues of Hitler in the town square?

No. But it can also be argued that the swastika should not be saddled as a Nazi symbol.

No. But it can also be argued that the swastika should not be saddled as a Nazi symbol.
The Nazis appropriated the swastika for their symbol and now it means horror rather than good fortune. Who's to blame? Certainly not those who still see it as a symbol of hatred.

Forum List

Back