Peter Wehner served 3 GOP admins: Everything Trump touches rots. The worst is yet to come.

Odd

that's what the First Amendment stated BEFORE they took the Danbury Letter as an edict, instead of a comment in a personal letter.

nothing odd about keeping politics & religion as far away from each other as possible; it makes perfect sense to do so.

Then stop State from making laws concerning Religion.

(Or, don't you believe in Freedom of Speech?)

How about freedom of religion??

What about it?

aren't certain groups attempting, and in some cases succeeding, in limiting where religion can be practiced?

No. Theyā€™re keeping religion out of government run institutions. Like schools.

I remember a time when my non-Christian classmates left the class and stood in the hallways while we recited the Lordā€™s Prayer every morning. I go to church to pray.

threreby infringing on Freedom of Religion, and Freedom of Speech.

IF they don't want to hear a prayer, they6 can do as your friends did.

leave the room.

nothing odd about keeping politics & religion as far away from each other as possible; it makes perfect sense to do so.

What about it?

aren't certain groups attempting, and in some cases succeeding, in limiting where religion can be practiced?

No. Theyā€™re keeping religion out of government run institutions. Like schools.

I remember a time when my non-Christian classmates left the class and stood in the hallways while we recited the Lordā€™s Prayer every morning. I go to church to pray.

leave the room.

There shouldnā€™t have been a prayer in that school in the first place. Itā€™s not a church. Itā€™s a school. The people whose religious freedom was being infringed were the kids in the hall.

I hated prayers in the school, and Iā€™m a church elder and a former Sunday School teacher.

What about it?

leave the room.

There shouldnā€™t have been a prayer in that school in the first place. Itā€™s not a church. Itā€™s a school. The people whose religious freedom was being infringed were the kids in the hall.

I hated prayers in the school, and Iā€™m a church elder and a former Sunday School teacher.

Seems we have a difference of opinion on the meaning of "Freedom"

Odd

that's what the First Amendment stated BEFORE they took the Danbury Letter as an edict, instead of a comment in a personal letter.

What about it?

I remember a time when my non-Christian classmates left the class and stood in the hallways while we recited the Lordā€™s Prayer every morning.

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

What about it?

I remember a time when my non-Christian classmates left the class and stood in the hallways while we recited the Lordā€™s Prayer every morning.

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

They were being asked to violate their religious beliefs. Jehovahā€™s Witnesses were among those who stood in the halls.

My husbandā€™s grandmother, who was a JW, refused to attend our wedding because it was held in a Presbyterian Church. It wasnā€™t a ā€œreal churchā€ in her eyes.

What about it?

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

They were being asked to violate their religious beliefs. Jehovahā€™s Witnesses were among those who stood in the halls.

My husbandā€™s grandmother, who was a JW, refused to attend our wedding because it was held in a Presbyterian Church. It wasnā€™t a ā€œreal churchā€ in her eyes.

My mother and grandmother didn't go to my aunts wedding back in the 50s....

she married an Italian.

kinda missing your point

What about it?

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

What beliefs were violated? Sitting in a room for 30 seconds while others perform an activity in which one chooses not to participate violates no belief.

I'm Christian, and I have attended Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish, Ba'hai, and any number of various Christian sect activities.

What about it?

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

What beliefs were violated? Sitting in a room for 30 seconds while others perform an activity in which one chooses not to participate violates no belief.

I'm Christian, and I have attended Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish, Ba'hai, and any number of various Christian sect activities.

It's only freedom if it doesn't offend them

What about it?

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

So have I. But I attended those events of my own volition. I chose to participate. These kids came to school, as required by law, and then they were forced into participating in a religious rite.

And hereā€™s the reality. NONE of the kids liked it. A lot of crap went on when our teachers closed their eyes in prayer. The kids made jokes of the prayers and there were a lot of disruptions. Spitballs were common. I think this was a factor in them being discontinued.

I was offended by the spitballing, and the kids who changed the words. Those of us who said the prayer were routinely mocked as ā€œgoody two shoesā€.

Wow, the idiot speaks. And the first thing he says is a lie. Nothing new there.
I served because this country matters to me.

You served. But in the Soviet Military. Someplace else entirely.
Wow, the idiot speaks.
you saw what dean posted too?.....
You see what I'm saying. You don't post anything of value. Nothing of discussion. You are a stench. A belch. You don't add anything positive, ever. You have somehow fixated on me and follow me around like a dog and constantly try to sniff my butt. But no matter how hard you are kicked, you don't get the message.
You are so sad. And don't even realize it.
As sad as you are on this board, you are probably just as sad where ever you are. How could you be otherwise. A creature of nothing of value. It truly is sad because of the waste.
You sound as though you are describing your posts to a Tee.
Clearly you haven't read them.
I have read a few of your nonsense never ending deranged rants, but don't anymore. i'd have to be crazy to read your ignorant infantile bullshit.
I see you trolling there Mike as usual! Nothing but insults then you go run to mods when you get it back!

What about it?

Did it frighten them?

Just curious.

So have I. But I attended those events of my own volition. I chose to participate. These kids came to school, as required by law, and then they were forced into participating in a religious rite.

How was it forced participation if they were standing in the hall?

And hereā€™s the reality. NONE of the kids liked it. A lot of crap went on when our teachers closed their eyes in prayer. The kids made jokes of the prayers and there were a lot of disruptions. Spitballs were common. I think this was a factor in them being discontinued.

So your teacher had no control over the classroom. I went to Catholic school. If you goofed around like that you'd likely get nailed in the head with a well-thrown blackboard eraser and sent to the Mother Superior's office, where you would spend awhile on your knees copying sentences. Later that evening, your parents would get a call. The nuns reported every infraction.

Wow, the idiot speaks.
you saw what dean posted too?.....
You see what I'm saying. You don't post anything of value. Nothing of discussion. You are a stench. A belch. You don't add anything positive, ever. You have somehow fixated on me and follow me around like a dog and constantly try to sniff my butt. But no matter how hard you are kicked, you don't get the message.
As sad as you are on this board, you are probably just as sad where ever you are. How could you be otherwise. A creature of nothing of value. It truly is sad because of the waste.
I have read a few of your nonsense never ending deranged rants, but don't anymore. i'd have to be crazy to read your ignorant infantile bullshit.
I see you trolling there Mike as usual! Nothing but insults then you go run to mods when you get it back!
Lying and trolling! It's dean light! FYI liar, I only report to the mods when you are your ilk refer to me a a pedophile which is a big violation on this forum.

in the gospel Jesus states that one cannot serve two masters, yet the Evangelicals that support Trump desire to serve multiple masters.

If these people truly believe the book of faith they claim, then they will understand that they will eventually be burning in Hell for their open & vocal support of such a demonic, Satanic, false prophet.

IMO those that are seriously faithful should never openly endorse, or openly support ANY political candidate. The mixing of religious faith & politics is an invitation to ruin.
I think it's two groups.

One group making a deal with the devil because they truly believe they are doing God's work.

The other group believes they will lead Trump to God.

It's their definition of what God is that is terrifying.

Trump has sinned so much in his life he makes Satan look saintly.
If anyone believes they can lead Trump to God then they have some real serious issues.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Yes but there is also this:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

So, if you believe these teachings then you understand how this reflects on our current POTUS. Good day.

in the gospel Jesus states that one cannot serve two masters, yet the Evangelicals that support Trump desire to serve multiple masters.

If these people truly believe the book of faith they claim, then they will understand that they will eventually be burning in Hell for their open & vocal support of such a demonic, Satanic, false prophet.

IMO those that are seriously faithful should never openly endorse, or openly support ANY political candidate. The mixing of religious faith & politics is an invitation to ruin.
I think it's two groups.

One group making a deal with the devil because they truly believe they are doing God's work.

If anyone believes they can lead Trump to God then they have some real serious issues.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

So, if you believe these teachings then you understand how this reflects on our current POTUS. Good day.
it describes black jesus to a t.

Lying and trolling! It's dean light! FYI liar, I only report to the mods when you are your ilk refer to me a a pedophile which is a big violation on this forum.
We both know that is not true but happy trolling buddy.

We both know that is not true but happy trolling buddy.
I'm sure you'll go off and I can get you soon enough. Troll.

I think it's two groups.

it describes black jesus to a t.

glad to know Trump = black Jebus

Forum List

Back