PETA And Their Fight For..........

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Goldfish. It's a friggin' goldfish people.....geez....

---

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. (AP) — Two high school boys swallowed goldfish at a school assembly and were punished with a stern talking-to.

Animal rights activists say that's not enough.

After learning about the stunt late last month, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals urged Federal Way Public Schools to adopt a district-wide policy prohibiting the use of animals in school functions.

"We feel certain you'll agree that killing fish in the name of school spirit is unacceptable," wrote Jennifer O'Connor, an official with the Norfolk, Va.-based group.

School district spokeswoman Diane Turner said the boys ate the goldfish Sept. 20, apparently after promising to do so if one of them got elected as a class officer.

Turner said school officials lectured the boys on proper behavior and called their parents. They received no further discipline.

"These are good kids who made bad decisions," Turner said. "What they did was not appropriate. We used it as a teaching moment."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2005-10-05-goldfish_x.htm

GotZoom said:
Goldfish. It's a friggin' goldfish people.....geez....

---

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. (AP) — Two high school boys swallowed goldfish at a school assembly and were punished with a stern talking-to.

Animal rights activists say that's not enough.

After learning about the stunt late last month, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals urged Federal Way Public Schools to adopt a district-wide policy prohibiting the use of animals in school functions.

"We feel certain you'll agree that killing fish in the name of school spirit is unacceptable," wrote Jennifer O'Connor, an official with the Norfolk, Va.-based group.

School district spokeswoman Diane Turner said the boys ate the goldfish Sept. 20, apparently after promising to do so if one of them got elected as a class officer.

Turner said school officials lectured the boys on proper behavior and called their parents. They received no further discipline.

"These are good kids who made bad decisions," Turner said. "What they did was not appropriate. We used it as a teaching moment."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2005-10-05-goldfish_x.htm

Ok, PETA, enough is enough. Time for an ultimatum: For every animal you don't eat, I'll eath three, and I'll make sure those three are really sympathetic, too, like veal, venison, and rabbit.

Hmm.. I have fish that just eat each other because of a tank power struggle.. Wonder what they'd think about that... My little tiny 1.5" Electric Blue took out a 6" Pleco, and 5 other tankmates that were larger than him...

GotZoom said:

Never met a Jennifer that wasn't an "Air-Head".

Mr. P said:
Never met a Jennifer that wasn't an "Air-Head".

couple of things....every jennifer i have ever met was smokin HOT! :wank:

and B: the head of peta has diabetes....guess who the FDA had insulin tested on before she got it?

Shattered said:
Hmm.. I have fish that just eat each other because of a tank power struggle.. Wonder what they'd think about that... My little tiny 1.5" Electric Blue took out a 6" Pleco, and 5 other tankmates that were larger than him...

I feed my aggressive tank three times a week with live goldfish. I wonder what they might say about that.

The Oscar and Managuense fight it out over who gets the tastiest fish...

no1tovote4 said:
And we can call PETA to bring even more excitement to your house...

:D
Never met a fish that could use a phone..But I could drop the cord in the tank I guess. What's that 12 volts, wonder if they'll get a charge outta that? :eek:

manu1959 said:
can't see any twigg and berries on any of them....nor any little breasts for that matter...

The female goldfish requested to have their huge human like breasts bred out of their genetics. They prefer for teenage boys to just eat them.

I wonder how many goldfish they have tucked in with the frozen corpses of dogs and cats they "saved" in the huge freezer they purchased that was shown on Penn & Teller's "Bullshit!" show....

elephant said:
The female goldfish requested to have their huge human like breasts bred out of their genetics. They prefer for teenage boys to just eat them.

So do the teenage boys.

I'm sure that PETA would be opposed to anyone even owning goldfish and keeping them in a contained tank. They are a bunch of nutburgers!

Forum List

Back