Perfect example for 2nd amendment rights.

Simply stated I think gun training and making sure we sell guns to responsible citizens is the foundation. Also limiting firepower and improving the safety of guns is important as well.

I understand that guns are a right and cars are not but we can learn from some of the ways we regulated our automobiles and roads to reduce death and injury. We have done good and effective things with guns as well so I donā€™t think we are too far off. The biggest problem I see right is in our dishonest and hyperbolic discourse. It overshadows productive debate and nothing gets done.

In Europe they have made training so prohibitive that normal, law abiding people can't get guns...meanwhile, criminals get guns easily...do you see the problem with requiring training, outside of the Constitutionality of it?
I donā€™t think it should be prohibitive. I think it should work like getting a drivers license and driving a car.

Sorry.....if you allowed anti gunners to get control over the requirements it would be like New York, where getting a gun is almost impossible and where getting a carry permit takes being rich or politically connected....that is a violation of Rights.....
Thatā€™s a lazy argument and you know it. Iā€™m not saying that anti gunners should take control of everything. Like with most things the answer is in the middle

New York has already made it almost impossible for law abiding New Yorkers to own and carry guns......dittos democrat controlled counties in California.....

And again, any mandatory training would be unConstitutional...
If what New York did was unconstitutional then it could be appealed to SCOTUS and those laws could be overturned. Iā€™m the mean time we are governed by a republic where each state can create their own laws. Perhaps while trying strict gun regulation in a big city like NY we find that it has a positive effect on crime and public safety, perhaps we learn the opposite. Thatā€™s kind of the point and those laws are created by reps that are voted in by the people.

In Europe they have made training so prohibitive that normal, law abiding people can't get guns...meanwhile, criminals get guns easily...do you see the problem with requiring training, outside of the Constitutionality of it?
I donā€™t think it should be prohibitive. I think it should work like getting a drivers license and driving a car.

Sorry.....if you allowed anti gunners to get control over the requirements it would be like New York, where getting a gun is almost impossible and where getting a carry permit takes being rich or politically connected....that is a violation of Rights.....
Thatā€™s a lazy argument and you know it. Iā€™m not saying that anti gunners should take control of everything. Like with most things the answer is in the middle

New York has already made it almost impossible for law abiding New Yorkers to own and carry guns......dittos democrat controlled counties in California.....

If what New York did was unconstitutional then it could be appealed to SCOTUS and those laws could be overturned. Iā€™m the mean time we are governed by a republic where each state can create their own laws. Perhaps while trying strict gun regulation in a big city like NY we find that it has a positive effect on crime and public safety, perhaps we learn the opposite. Thatā€™s kind of the point and those laws are created by reps that are voted in by the people.

Sorry......the states don't get to infringe on Civil Rights..... Federalism doesn't allow it...

Sorry......the states don't get to infringe on Civil Rights..... Federalism doesn't allow it...
Which is why we have a SCOTUS

Iā€™m the mean time we are governed by a republic where each state can create their own laws.
So long as those laws do not conflict with the U.S. Constitution and the rights of the American people. New Yorkā€™s anti-gun laws do both.
Thatā€™s why we have a Supreme Court. If a law is not constitutional then it can be appealed and undone

Iā€™m the mean time we are governed by a republic where each state can create their own laws.
So long as those laws do not conflict with the U.S. Constitution and the rights of the American people. New Yorkā€™s anti-gun laws do both.
Thatā€™s why we have a Supreme Court. If a law is not constitutional then it can be appealed and undone
Well thatā€™s literally like saying itā€™s ok to rape a woman because we have a court to decide if the person did do the rape and to punish them. :eusa_doh:

Oh...by the way...we donā€™t have a Supreme Court anymore. The Democrats have stacked it with political activists instead of actual justices committed to upholding the U.S. Constitution. Quite the contrary, those activists are committed to tearing down the U.S. Constitution and replacing it with the progressive ideology.

Simply stated I think gun training and making sure we sell guns to responsible citizens is the foundation. Also limiting firepower and improving the safety of guns is important as well.

I understand that guns are a right and cars are not but we can learn from some of the ways we regulated our automobiles and roads to reduce death and injury. We have done good and effective things with guns as well so I donā€™t think we are too far off. The biggest problem I see right is in our dishonest and hyperbolic discourse. It overshadows productive debate and nothing gets done.

Only the right wing has, no solutions and nothing but repeal.

We have a Second Amendment.

This is an Article from the New York State Constitution:

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Anyone who wants an AR; can muster and become Necessary. And, get to know their heavy weapons section.

Well thatā€™s literally like saying itā€™s ok to rape a woman because we have a court to decide if the person did do the rape and to punish them. :eusa_doh:
No itā€™s not. Guns are a dangerous tool and a big responsibility, otherwise we could hand them out to children and allow them to take them to school. But we donā€™t because they are regulated. The SCOTUS is part of our system and they decide the constitutionality of our laws. Not people like you

Oh...by the way...we donā€™t have a Supreme Court anymore. The Democrats have stacked it with political activists instead of actual justices committed to upholding the U.S. Constitution. Quite the contrary, those activists are committed to tearing down the U.S. Constitution and replacing it with the progressive ideology.
They are presidentially appointed officials as designed by our constitution and our founding fathers. If you donā€™t like the way our system is designed then you can campaign for changes to be made

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Anyone who wants an AR; can muster and become Necessary. And, get to know their heavy weapons section.
Thankfully for ALL Americans - we operate under the U.S. Constitution and not the New York state constitution.

Thankfully for ALL Americans - we operate under the U.S. Constitution and not the New York state constitution.
Thankfully, only the unorganized militia whines about gun control.

Our Founding Fathers were about Order over Chaos.
You literally wouldnā€™t know a ā€œFounding Fatherā€ if one walked up and smacked you in your face. :laugh:

869CFCC6-DA09-492E-9941-599DAC22657B.jpeg

You literally wouldnā€™t know a ā€œFounding Fatherā€ if one walked up and smacked you in your face. :laugh:

View attachment 189666
Projecting much, right winger?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

View attachment 189666
Projecting much, right winger?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Bwahahahahaha!!! Holy shit...I can see why you are a minimum wage worker. You literally have the lowest IQ of anyone I have ever encountered. The word ā€œorderā€ used there does not mean the opposite of chaos. It means to arrange, you low IQ dimwit. As in ā€œWe the people, arranging for a more perfect unionā€.

Forum List

Back