Perfect example for 2nd amendment rights.

Then why do you mention it so much?

The militia is ancillary to the right of the people
I donā€™t mention it so much. I asked a question and got dozens of dodges and insults so I simply repeated the question until I got a real answer. Just like now when Iā€™ve asked both of you to show a quote where I challenged the scotus ruling or claimed the people didnā€™t have the right to bear arms like yā€™all have claimed Iā€™ve said. You canā€™t quote me because I never said those things so now you are moving the goalposts and trying to recover from your lies.

I never said anything about any SCOTUS ruling so why would I answer a question about it?
Because we were talking about the second amendment! What is it that you arenā€™t understanding?? This is getting ridiculous

Why would you ask me to quote about SCOTUS when I never once said anything to you about it?

You're claiming I said you challenged a SCOTUS ruling?

I didn't so stop saying I did
You just love moving the goal posts donā€™t you? I got both you and your friend coming after me, dumb and dumber, both saying I said things I didnā€™t say and both unable to back up your bullshit. He used the SCOTUS argument you are saying what exactly? Why donā€™t you clarify what you are trying to pin on me and then we can see if you can back it up.
Your claims ring hollow there is absolutely NO reason to talk about militias in regards the rights granted under the 2nd amendment. NONE NADA ZIPPO. The right is an individual right NOT associated with any membership in a militia.

I donā€™t mention it so much. I asked a question and got dozens of dodges and insults so I simply repeated the question until I got a real answer. Just like now when Iā€™ve asked both of you to show a quote where I challenged the scotus ruling or claimed the people didnā€™t have the right to bear arms like yā€™all have claimed Iā€™ve said. You canā€™t quote me because I never said those things so now you are moving the goalposts and trying to recover from your lies.

I never said anything about any SCOTUS ruling so why would I answer a question about it?
Because we were talking about the second amendment! What is it that you arenā€™t understanding?? This is getting ridiculous

Why would you ask me to quote about SCOTUS when I never once said anything to you about it?

You just love moving the goal posts donā€™t you? I got both you and your friend coming after me, dumb and dumber, both saying I said things I didnā€™t say and both unable to back up your bullshit. He used the SCOTUS argument you are saying what exactly? Why donā€™t you clarify what you are trying to pin on me and then we can see if you can back it up.
Your claims ring hollow there is absolutely NO reason to talk about militias in regards the rights granted under the 2nd amendment. NONE NADA ZIPPO. The right is an individual right NOT associated with any membership in a militia.
Well since a well regulated militia is the first thing mentioned in the second amendment, which consists of a single sentence, then I think it is very relevant to bring up. You can simply make the point that the militia has no relation to the people as stated by the US Supreme Court and the conversation can continue. Instead we have pages of insults and childish banter. So the conclusion remains that you need to grow up and start acting like an intelligent adult when you debate

Well since a well regulated militia is the first thing mentioned in the second amendment, which consists of a single sentence, then I think it is very relevant to bring up. You can simply make the point that the militia has no relation to the people as stated by the US Supreme Court and the conversation can continue. Instead we have pages of insults and childish banter. So the conclusion remains that you need to grow up and start acting like an intelligent adult when you debate

Michael Knowles from the Dailywire addressed this with Eugene Volokh one of the attorneys who works on 2nd Amendment cases........the militia part of the sentence is the Dependent clause....it is not the Independent clause and has no bearing on the meaning of the independent clause....and that is only the grammar involved, history and legal precedent also state that owning a gun is detached from militia service..

Actually you brought it on I asked over and over why you brought it up when it had NO BEARING on our rights and you just made excuses. ASnd IT STILL has no BEARING on the RIGHT to own firearms, NONE NADA ZIP.

I believe we merely need to establish the Office of Sargent Major General, for Dogma.

Well regulated militia are declared Necessary to the security of a free State, not the unorganized militia, every time this issue needs to be quibbled.

Then why do you mention it so much?

The militia is ancillary to the right of the people

You are asking me to prove something that I never said

I have never once mentioned any court rulings to you

For over 20 pages Iā€™ve been asking pretty straight forward questions and getting everything including the kitchen sink for answers EXCEPT answer that directly address my questions. Pops and his crew of dupes, about 5 others, all either dodged my question or simply replied with insults. So I feel like Iā€™ve been a broken record in this thread asking the same shit over and over. I just went back and reread the thread and I will say that you have been more direct than that band if idiots. I apologize if I took my frustration out on you as I may have gotten you confused with them. You danced around the point a bit when we started our discussion but got too it realatively quickly, so Iā€™ll thank you for that.

So moving forward, Iā€™m curious. Youā€™ve stayed that you are ok with preventing criminals and the mental ill from buying guns, Iā€™m assuming that means you support back ground checks as thatā€™s the only way to tell if a customer qualifies or not, am I correct?
You mean like asking over and over about the Militia which has NOTHING to do with our right to own firearms? Like that?
Asking about the militia which is part of the second amendment is completely valid in a discussion about the second amendment. Get over it
The second amendment conveys a right to own firearms with ZERO requirement of belonging to a militia. The militia in this discussion as I have pointed out repeatedly is irrelevant, it has no basis in fact for a discussion on 2nd amendment rights.
The Militia is a part of the second amendment, in fact, it is the first thing mentioned so donā€™t pretend that it is insignificant. Youā€™ve made your point clear as to how much relevance you give it. Thatā€™s fine, now move one. I donā€™t get why you keep bringing it up
Look you fruit cake the Supreme Court ruled that the part before the comma has ZERO bearing on the right, that it is an individual right with NO, NADA, ZERO need for a militia. You love roe vs wade but cant seem to accept decisions you don't like how very progressive of you.
Proof of judicial activism? The People are the Militia. That is the common law.

You are asking me to prove something that I never said

I have never once mentioned any court rulings to you
What have you said?

Law enforcement literally ran away. And with thousand rioting, more than 6 rounds were needed. Hell, more than 600 rounds were needed.

The People are the Militia.
No snowflake. The people are the people. The militia are the militia. Words have meaning. Look up the word ā€œpeopleā€ in the dictionary and you will not see ā€œmilitiaā€ anywhere.

Now...go play with your toys. The adults are trying to talk here.

Failed left-wing policy doing what failed left-wing policy does...

062F6928-CCA9-4857-910C-365DD14751F5.jpeg

No snowflake. The people are the people. The militia are the militia. Words have meaning. Look up the word ā€œpeopleā€ in the dictionary and you will not see ā€œmilitiaā€ anywhere.

Yes, the People are the Militia; where was the "select law militia", to distinguish when it is no longer a matter for civilian law enforcement and is time to,

Muster the Militia!

Yes, the People are the Militia
No snowflake. The people are the people. The militia are the militia. Words have meaning. Look up the word ā€œpeopleā€ in the dictionary and you will not see ā€œmilitiaā€ anywhere. Here - I will prove it to you:

144ACDF6-C67D-4C6C-86CD-5F2A4912BB17.jpeg

As you can see - the word ā€œmilitiaā€ does not appear anywhere.

Now...as I previously said...go play with your toys. The adults are trying to talk here.

Yes, the People are the Militia
No snowflake. The people are the people. The militia are the militia. Words have meaning. Look up the word ā€œpeopleā€ in the dictionary and you will not see ā€œmilitiaā€ anywhere. Here - I will prove it to you:

View attachment 188793

As you can see - the word ā€œmilitiaā€ does not appear anywhere.

Now...as I previously said...go play with your toys. The adults are trying to talk here.
special pleading is simply that. only the disingenuous right wing, does that.

Militia: all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
ā€” George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
ā€” George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
George Mason wasnā€™t responsible for designing the English language... :lmao:

George Mason wasnā€™t responsible for designing the English language... :lmao:
check a dictionary.

check a dictionary.
I did. And then I posted it. And you ended up looking foolish.
Should i ask about your, chart reading skills?

Militia: all able-bodied civilians eligible by law for military service

Forum List

Back