Zone1 WA Mukilteo School District is banning "To Kill a Mockingbird"

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017

A group of progressive teachers fought to "prohibit" Harper Lee's novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from being assigned in classroom curriculum.
"To Kill A Mockingbird centers on whiteness," the teachers wrote in their formal challenge to the book being required in the school curriculum.
A committee eventually voted in favor of removing the book from the ninth-grade required list for the school district.

Comment:
"To Kill a Mockingbird" is an American Classic.
The book condemns hate and racism.
How is that about "whiteness'?
This is just straight up dumb Radical Left hate.

A group of progressive teachers fought to "prohibit" Harper Lee's novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from being assigned in classroom curriculum.
"To Kill A Mockingbird centers on whiteness," the teachers wrote in their formal challenge to the book being required in the school curriculum.
A committee eventually voted in favor of removing the book from the ninth-grade required list for the school district.

Comment:
The time is right to go back to one room country school houses. Sept 1945 was my first year of school. I lived between 2 one room schools about 4 miles apart. I was disappointed that my mother registered me in the town elementary school. The 1945-46 school year was the end of one room schools in Maryland.

Comment:
I thought progressives were on the side of Blacks? Guess not.

Forum List

Back