Peggy Noonan: Romney Looked Weak Today

I listened to Mark last night - live.. He was on fire.. so was Sean Hannity on Fox , who I don't normally like.. but he hit it out of the park! Michelle Malkin tore Obambi a new asshole.. ARAB SPRING!! Did you see the news this morning??? Our embassy in Yemen was attacked.. OBAMA POLICY

I listened to Levin last night too. He's quite obviously a partisan apologist for the right. I used to listen to Hannity, but he's a man without any professional scruples. He's good at feigning sincerity, though. He's also exceedingly predictable in what he'll say and how he'll say it. At least Levin is original.

Malkin is a special case (and a sad one at that). She could have had a fine career in print journalism/commentary. Instead, she sold her soul to be a water carrier for the right.

Speaking of weak. obama's giving the weakest speech ever given by a national leader right now.

i'm sure your opinion on that subject is valuable...

yepppers...

She what you're dealing with folks? jillian just bitched along with her buddy about civility and look at how she replies.

She's not only dumb but thick-headed.

Not a brain cell goes near her.

What did I also say about her only posting short, snarky remarks aimed at insulting.

She's as deep as a single sheet of paper.:lol:

Last edited:
If I were Mitt Romney, I would not want to lose Peggy Noonan. She strikes me as the kind of thoughtful conservative who has great sway with other thoughtful conservatives. I base this on many casual conversations with friends over the years who are conservative Republicans. Seeking common ground, they will say, "Did you read Peggy Noonan? I thought she had a good point today."And often I agree that she does have good points, even when I don't necessarily agree with them.

Her stature as a reasonable conservative makes her judgment of Romney's behavior in recent days quite significant. After the verbal equivalent of rolling her eyes at Romney's unsteady and unwise reaction to the crisis in Egypt and Libya, Ms. Noonan said this in a Wall Street Journal video: "Romney looked WEAK today".…

Mitt, don't lose Peggy Noonan - The Insiders - The Washington Post

If I were Mitt Romney, I would not want to lose Peggy Noonan. She strikes me as the kind of thoughtful conservative who has great sway with other thoughtful conservatives. I base this on many casual conversations with friends over the years who are conservative Republicans. Seeking common ground, they will say, "Did you read Peggy Noonan? I thought she had a good point today."And often I agree that she does have good points, even when I don't necessarily agree with them.

Her stature as a reasonable conservative makes her judgment of Romney's behavior in recent days quite significant. After the verbal equivalent of rolling her eyes at Romney's unsteady and unwise reaction to the crisis in Egypt and Libya, Ms. Noonan said this in a Wall Street Journal video: "Romney looked WEAK today".…

yes, but i'm somehow a hack if i post what she said.

it's amazing what obama derangement syndrome does and how it causes certain types of people to lose their ability to think.

I listened to Mark last night - live.. He was on fire.. so was Sean Hannity on Fox , who I don't normally like.. but he hit it out of the park! Michelle Malkin tore Obambi a new asshole.. ARAB SPRING!! Did you see the news this morning??? Our embassy in Yemen was attacked.. OBAMA POLICY

I listened to Levin last night too. He's quite obviously a partisan apologist for the right. I used to listen to Hannity, but he's a man without any professional scruples. He's good at feigning sincerity, though. He's also exceedingly predictable in what he'll say and how he'll say it. At least Levin is original.

Malkin is a special case (and a sad one at that). She could have had a fine career in print journalism/commentary. Instead, she sold her soul to be a water carrier for the right.

And how many water carriers are there on the left? Want to start with just the lamestream networks or do you want to add in cable channels as well? Then we can get to pundits and websites.

I just love the self-righteousness of the left.

Do as I say, not as I do!

Pretty much sums it up.

it's amazing what obama derangement syndrome does and how it causes certain types of people to lose their ability to think.

Nobody takes their delusional taunts seriously... Seriously. :lol:

Get a room. Kissing each other's asses on the board is prohibited.

Athens_GA_Hotel.gif

The Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan is criticizing Mitt Romney’s response to the death of a U.S. diplomat in Libya, telling Fox News today she doesn’t feel that the Republican presidential nominee “has been doing himself any favors” in the past few hours.

“I was thinking as he spoke, I think I belong to the old school of thinking that in times of great drama and heightened crisis, and in times when something violent has happened to your people, I always think discretion is the better way to go,” Noonan said. “When you step forward in the midst of a political environment and start giving statements on something dramatic and violent that has happened, you're always leaving yourself open to accusations that you are trying to exploit things politically.”

Noonan's criticism delivers a harder blow, however, coming as it does from high within the ranks of the conservative establishment. Indeed, it is just the latest in a string of criticisms Romney has faced from the right's most influential media outlets in recent days, including The Wall Street Journal editorial page and the Weekly Standard.

“I don't feel that Mr. Romney has been doing himself any favors, say in the past few hours, perhaps since last night,” Noonan told Fox News. “Sometimes when really bad things happen, when hot things happen, cool words or no words is the way to go.”

Peggy Noonan: Romney not 'doing himself any favors' - POLITICO.com

And how many water carriers are there on the left? Want to start with just the lamestream networks or do you want to add in cable channels as well? Then we can get to pundits and websites.

Pretty much sums it up.

I find it unfathomable how any HONEST person can look at the facts surrounding the statement released by the American embassy in Egypt (which was issued prior to the demonstration/riot), and still support Romney's statements on the subject when Romney tried to attribute the embassy statement as an apology from Obama for violence that had yet to occur.

The fact that American deaths occurred to 4 members of a consulate staff only compounded matters since the members of the diplomatic service are official representatives of the US Gov't, and political party affiliation is considered wholly irrelevant in such cases. Romney stumbled into a mess of his own making and essentially politicized an issue that is historically considered completely beyond politics. He screwed up BADLY, and he didn't have enough class to reverse course. Instead, he doubled down. Yeah, certain conservative media types backed him up, but current and former elected and appointed Republican officials understand just how bad he screwed the pooch.

Pretty much sums it up.

I find it unfathomable how any HONEST person can look at the facts surrounding the statement released by the American embassy in Egypt (which was issued prior to the demonstration/riot), and still support Romney's statements on the subject when Romney tried to attribute the embassy statement as an apology from Obama for violence that had yet to occur.

The fact that American deaths occurred to 4 members of a consulate staff only compounded matters since the members of the diplomatic service are official representatives of the US Gov't, and political party affiliation is considered wholly irrelevant in such cases. Romney stumbled into a mess of his own making and essentially politicized an issue that is historically considered completely beyond politics. He screwed up BADLY, and he didn't have enough class to reverse course. Instead, he doubled down. Yeah, certain conservative media types backed him up, but current and former elected and appointed Republican officials understand just how bad he screwed the pooch.

It's a double-edged sword. And let's say he did back off. What do you think would have happened? If we want to parse words:

White House clarifies Obama

"I think folks are reading way too much into this," Vietor said. "‘Ally' is a legal term of art.":confused:

Last edited:

Pretty much sums it up.

It's a double-edged sword. And let's say he did back off. What do you think would have happened? If we want to parse words:

"I think folks are reading way too much into this," Vietor said. "‘Ally' is a legal term of art.":confused:

He could have looked like a class act instead of a bumbling, fumbling fool who's self-aggrandizement seems to be his primary interest. And it wouldn't have been that difficult since what happened in Libya and what happened in Egypt were two separate events. He could have even looked presidential by issuing a statement of support for the current president after it became known that our ambassador was killed, thereby showing that he was "presidential material" because he placed the good of the nation first and foremost by showing a cohesive American front despite the current campaign. And by saying just that in whatever statement he made at a press conference, he would have appeared to place the good of the nation and its citizens (including the diplomatic corps) ahead of any short term personal partisan interest he obviously has.

He blew it, plain and simple.

We cannot in good conscience support this failure of a presidebt. To do so would be to bring one's self down to his level of failure.

He could have looked like a class act instead of a bumbling, fumbling fool who's self-aggrandizement seems to be his primary interest. And it wouldn't have been that difficult since what happened in Libya and what happened in Egypt were two separate events. He could have even looked presidential by issuing a statement of support for the current president after it became known that our ambassador was killed, thereby showing that he was "presidential material" because he placed the good of the nation first and foremost by showing a cohesive American front despite the current campaign. And by saying just that in whatever statement he made at a press conference, he would have appeared to place the good of the nation and its citizens (including the diplomatic corps) ahead of any short term personal partisan interest he obviously has.

He blew it, plain and simple.

Better to blow a press conference if you want to say that then blow 4 years of a Presidency and trillions of taxpayer's dollars.

If there was not developing violence what was the purpose of the statement? The statement of apology did nothing but incite the violence. There was no cohesive plan on dealing with these types of acts. Begging is not an option.

We cannot in good conscience support this failure of a presidebt. To do so would be to bring one's self down to his level of failure.

One can't help but wonder where this RW outrage was when 3,000 Americans were killed on Bush 43's watch even as the president continued to sit in a FL classroom for several minutes after he got the news of the 2nd plane strike. Hell, even the revelation of the Aug 6th PDB didn't seem to bother the right. And in recent days, it's been reported that there were other warnings of bin Laden's intention to strike the US. And STILL, the RW doesn't seem to have a problem with Bush's performance as president.

Curious. Or maybe it's not curious at all. Maybe this outrage is merely feigned. Cuz anyone who's THIS outraged at this kind of mob violence that results in 4 deaths overseas without any prior warning would HAVE TO BE absolutely incensed at warnings that went unheeded when over 3,000 deaths (and 100s of billions of dollars in economic damage) took place on American soil.

Forum List

Back