Peggy Noonan: Romney Looked Weak Today

We cannot in good conscience support this failure of a presidebt. To do so would be to bring one's self down to his level of failure.

One can't help but wonder where this RW outrage was when 3,000 Americans were killed on Bush 43's watch even as the president continued to sit in a FL classroom for several minutes after he got the news of the 2nd plane strike. Hell, even the revelation of the Aug 6th PDB didn't seem to bother the right. And in recent days, it's been reported that there were other warnings of bin Laden's intention to strike the US. And STILL, the RW doesn't seem to have a problem with Bush's performance as president.

Curious. Or maybe it's not curious at all. Maybe this outrage is merely feigned. Cuz anyone who's THIS outraged at this kind of mob violence that results in 4 deaths overseas without any prior warning would HAVE TO BE absolutely incensed at warnings that went unheeded when over 3,000 deaths (and 100s of billions of dollars in economic damage) took place on American soil.

"Bush 43's watch even as the president continued to sit in a FL classroom for several minutes after he got the news of the 2nd plane strike."

Change the channel. Yeah he should have gone into panic mode, upset children and of less importance give thunderheads like you ammo for saying he can't maintain composure.

Oh and we are just dazzled by your verbiage. Now put it to use by making sense and stopping the whining and blaming Bush crap.

:cool:

We cannot in good conscience support this failure of a presidebt. To do so would be to bring one's self down to his level of failure.

One can't help but wonder where this RW outrage was when 3,000 Americans were killed on Bush 43's watch even as the president continued to sit in a FL classroom for several minutes after he got the news of the 2nd plane strike. Hell, even the revelation of the Aug 6th PDB didn't seem to bother the right. And in recent days, it's been reported that there were other warnings of bin Laden's intention to strike the US. And STILL, the RW doesn't seem to have a problem with Bush's performance as president.

Curious. Or maybe it's not curious at all. Maybe this outrage is merely feigned. Cuz anyone who's THIS outraged at this kind of mob violence that results in 4 deaths overseas without any prior warning would HAVE TO BE absolutely incensed at warnings that went unheeded when over 3,000 deaths (and 100s of billions of dollars in economic damage) took place on American soil.

"Bush 43's watch even as the president continued to sit in a FL classroom for several minutes after he got the news of the 2nd plane strike."

Change the channel. Yeah he should have gone into panic mode, upset children and of less importance give thunderheads like you ammo for saying he can't maintain composure.

Oh and we are just dazzled by your verbiage. Now put it to use by making sense and stopping the whining and blaming Bush crap.

That sorry defense of not wanting to 'upset children' always makes me chuckle and shake my head seeing as how lame it is.

At THAT particular point in time, there was absolutely no way to know just how far-reaching the attack was or how it would unfold. The idea that the short term emotional health (they might actually cry if Bush got up and left quickly? OMG! Say it ain't so!) ruled Bush's thinking is so lame as to be laughable. Hell, a fireman or a policeman couldn't get away with making that kind of argument if there was an emergency like a traffic accident 1/2 a mile away. The idea that the leader of a nation would place young children's temporary emotional state above the unknown fate of the entire nation is an argument that, if true, essentially is an admission that he's not fit to lead. I mean, how many times does a kid cry a day on average? Half a dozen? A dozen? And how many of those events leave lasting scars? Any? And that's Bush's defense for why he didn't jump out of his chair to grab the reins of gov't in a time of crisis when NOBODY knew the extent of the attack?

Like I said, LAME!

That sorry defense of not wanting to 'upset children' always makes me chuckle and shake my head seeing as how lame it is.

At THAT particular point in time, there was absolutely no way to know just how far-reaching the attack was or how it would unfold. The idea that the short term emotional health (they might actually cry if Bush got up and left quickly? OMG! Say it ain't so!) ruled Bush's thinking is so lame as to be laughable. Hell, a fireman or a policeman couldn't get away with making that kind of argument if there was an emergency like a traffic accident 1/2 a mile away. The idea that the leader of a nation would place young children's temporary emotional state above the unknown fate of the entire nation is an argument that, if true, essentially is an admission that he's not fit to lead. I mean, how many times does a kid cry a day on average? Half a dozen? A dozen? And how many of those events leave lasting scars? Any? And that's Bush's defense for why he didn't jump out of his chair to grab the reins of gov't in a time of crisis when NOBODY knew the extent of the attack?

Like I said, LAME!

Whatever... I fell asleep 3 times before I got to the end of your reply.

Bottom line: You're another Bush hater trying to justify it with lots of impressive verbiage.

It's not a crime to back Obama. You can say that's what your point is.

Peggy Noonan said Romney's shoot from the hip, jump the gun, insensitive statements about the attack on our embassy made him look weak.

Video - WSJ 'Declarations' Columnist Peggy Noonan on Mitt Romney's Response to the U.S. Embassy Attack - WSJ.com

She said she thinks Romney understands money... but she doesn't "think he is a person of origonal foreign policy thinking"

and that at a moment of crisis, it's kind of a water's edge mement and.... never look like they are using it as a political opportunity. romney looked weak today"

Noonan said he had a grimace on his face at one point and "looked like Richard Nixon".

She also questions whether the GOP is conceding foreign policy as an issue to the Democrats.

It's a funny thing how Republicans keep telling us how bad Obama is making the US look, yet the rest of the world holds us in much higher esteem since he has been president.

Like I said, LAME!

Bottom line: You're another Bush hater trying to justify it with lots of impressive verbiage.

Bush screwed up everything he touched. Everyone knows it. The fact that he was a no show at the RNC is proof of his electoral toxicity. My saying so is only an incidental after-the-fact reality check.

But thanks for the compliment about my impressive verbiage.

Peggy Noonan said Romney's shoot from the hip, jump the gun, insensitive statements about the attack on our embassy made him look weak.

Video - WSJ 'Declarations' Columnist Peggy Noonan on Mitt Romney's Response to the U.S. Embassy Attack - WSJ.com

She said she thinks Romney understands money... but she doesn't "think he is a person of origonal foreign policy thinking"

and that at a moment of crisis, it's kind of a water's edge mement and.... never look like they are using it as a political opportunity. romney looked weak today"

Noonan said he had a grimace on his face at one point and "looked like Richard Nixon".

She also questions whether the GOP is conceding foreign policy as an issue to the Democrats.

It's a funny thing how Republicans keep telling us how bad Obama is making the US look, yet the rest of the world holds us in much higher esteem since he has been president.

Do they or do they think he is weak and can be manipulated.

"I'll have more flexibility after the election"

:eusa_whistle:

Like I said, LAME!

Bush screwed up everything he touched. Everyone knows it. The fact that he was a no show at the RNC is proof of his electoral toxicity. My saying so is only an incidental after-the-fact reality check.

But thanks for the compliment about my impressive verbiage.

No problem. I know a lot of people who use a great deal of words, big ones too, and still say absolutely nothing.

lol, ole Peggy sold out being Reagan's speechwriter when she went all ga ga over Obama..

Nobody takes her serious anymore, but now you lefties hold her in high regard it seems

FUNNY

Do you EVER know what you're talking about?? She has never been gaga over Obama. She criticizes him every single time I see her on a political show.

I guess you're mad because she criticized Romney this morning. The nerve of the bitch!! It was the same with Bush. Nothing he did was wrong. You bat crap crazies have the nerve to make fun of the left and our support for the prez. Yet you people wouldn't say anything against a Republican if your life depended on it. Bush was perfect, and now so is Romney?? Hypocrites, all of you.

$558383_367693206644034_1455934767_n.jpg

Just what we need. A posturing Commander in Chief in office to shoot from the hip and start more wars in the Mid East, or with Russia and North Korea.

I don't mention Iran ... because that is coming, but not unilateral like in Iraq.

The big wigs don't volunteer or pay the price.

Elect me, elect me .... I'll be the wartime president.

We need a level headed Pres who balances military response with sanity.

Not only will the rich fucks not pay for war, they add it to the nations credit card and blame the black guy for the debt, all while they reap increased income, less taxes (and supposedly need less taxes yet) - which adds to the debt.

LMAO Since the Rich pay 60% of the Fed taxes I expect they pay for quite a bit of any wars we fight along with loads of other things.

We still have 49% of the populationi that pay no Fed taxes and reap a windfall come tax time. Someone elses hardearned money not theirs.

The folks I blame for the debt are the Clowns in Congress who spend, spend and spend some more. They are the ones who came up with all these entitlements, tax credits, tax loopholes, subsidies and foreign aide that use billions of dollars every year. They are the ones adding to the debt.

Catch a clue there sparky. If you can.

(8:55 a.m.) September 11, 2001: President Bush Chats with Greeting Committee Instead of Taking Urgent Call from Rice

At the Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, a small greeting committee has been waiting for the president to arrive. Among this group are two congressmen, Adam Putnam (R-FL) and Dan Miller (R-FL). A White House staffer has informed them that the president has an important call to take from Condoleezza Rice. According to Putnam, they were told, “When he arrives, and he’ll be here in a minute, he’s going to walk past you. He’s not being rude; he’s just got to take this phone call.” [GW Hatchet, 4/8/2002; St. Petersburg Times, 9/8/2002] President Bush reportedly is informed of the first WTC crash when he arrives at the school (see (Between 8:55 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.) September 11, 2001). Like others traveling in the president’s motorcade (see (Between 8:46 a.m. and 8:55 a.m.) September 11, 2001), Captain Deborah Loewer, the director of the White House Situation Room, learned of the crash during the journey. She runs up to the president, she later says, “[a]s soon as the motorcade stopped,” and informs him of it (see (8:55 a.m.) September 11, 2001). [Dayton Daily News, 8/17/2003; Springfield News-Sun, 7/6/2006] Yet in spite of therefore likely already knowing of the crash, Bush seems in no hurry to take Rice’s call. Putnam later recalls, “Well, he comes up and does not go past us. He stops and talks with us, having a good chat with the teacher of the year.” (This is Edwina Oliver, who is also part of the greeting committee.) White House chief of staff Andrew Card says, “Mr. President. You have a phone call from National Security Adviser Rice you need to take.” According to Putnam, Bush “says OK. [But he] goes on talking with the teacher of the year. ‘I’ll be right there.’ Card comes back to him, grabs him by the arm and says, ‘Mr. President, you need to take this call right now.’”

Last edited:
here we go folks, they HAVE to bring up Boooooooooooooooooooooooosh

just vote this administration out, THEY ARE UNFIT to protect us and our country

Conservatives "like to like" her because she was a speech writer for The Gipper. But if they read her articles in the WSJ they'd see she says she's Conservative but instead will usually bend with any popular trend that comes along, like Obama.

Peggy Noonan Says Barack Obama Begins to Look Presidential - WSJ.com

she's actually likeable because she has a good demenor and is very articulate. she doesn't foam at the mouth.

i see her apologizing for the GOP more often than not. but i guess it's all a matter of perspective.
Well yeah I think she has to keep this thin veneer of Conservatism up at all times so she can continue with her TV appearances.

"Articulate" is fine but it can also denigrate into just plain, wordy bullsh*t. I've always been an advocate for the unvarnished truth, no matter how painful may be.

i suspect she'd be surprised to find her deep beliefs and her true conservatism is a 'thin veneer'. unfortunately for the GOP and even more unfortunately for the country, the GOP has been hijacked by its far right radicals. GOP moderates get primaried out so it's silly season.

and people have forgotten that actually being conservative isn't defined by how much G-d you put into your legislation.... or whether you starve government til it can be drowned in a bathtub.

she's actually likeable because she has a good demenor and is very articulate. she doesn't foam at the mouth.

i see her apologizing for the GOP more often than not. but i guess it's all a matter of perspective.
Well yeah I think she has to keep this thin veneer of Conservatism up at all times so she can continue with her TV appearances.

"Articulate" is fine but it can also denigrate into just plain, wordy bullsh*t. I've always been an advocate for the unvarnished truth, no matter how painful may be.

i suspect she'd be surprised to find her deep beliefs and her true conservatism is a 'thin veneer'. unfortunately for the GOP and even more unfortunately for the country, the GOP has been hijacked by its far right radicals. GOP moderates get primaried out so it's silly season.

and people have forgotten that actually being conservative isn't defined by how much G-d you put into your legislation.... or whether you starve government til it can be drowned in a bathtub.

It's PAINFULLY obvious the Democrats have been hijacked by the far left... I'll stick with the Right, Freedom and the Flag.

The Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan is criticizing Mitt Romney’s response to the death of a U.S. diplomat in Libya, telling Fox News today she doesn’t feel that the Republican presidential nominee “has been doing himself any favors” in the past few hours.

“I was thinking as he spoke, I think I belong to the old school of thinking that in times of great drama and heightened crisis, and in times when something violent has happened to your people, I always think discretion is the better way to go,” Noonan said. “When you step forward in the midst of a political environment and start giving statements on something dramatic and violent that has happened, you're always leaving yourself open to accusations that you are trying to exploit things politically.”

Noonan's criticism delivers a harder blow, however, coming as it does from high within the ranks of the conservative establishment. Indeed, it is just the latest in a string of criticisms Romney has faced from the right's most influential media outlets in recent days, including The Wall Street Journal editorial page and the Weekly Standard.

“I don't feel that Mr. Romney has been doing himself any favors, say in the past few hours, perhaps since last night,” Noonan told Fox News. “Sometimes when really bad things happen, when hot things happen, cool words or no words is the way to go.”

Peggy Noonan: Romney not 'doing himself any favors' - POLITICO.com

And I should care what she thinks because?

It's Obama and his minions who are making it crystal clear that they are bungeling idiots.

The Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan is criticizing Mitt Romney’s response to the death of a U.S. diplomat in Libya, telling Fox News today she doesn’t feel that the Republican presidential nominee “has been doing himself any favors” in the past few hours.

“I was thinking as he spoke, I think I belong to the old school of thinking that in times of great drama and heightened crisis, and in times when something violent has happened to your people, I always think discretion is the better way to go,” Noonan said. “When you step forward in the midst of a political environment and start giving statements on something dramatic and violent that has happened, you're always leaving yourself open to accusations that you are trying to exploit things politically.”

Noonan's criticism delivers a harder blow, however, coming as it does from high within the ranks of the conservative establishment. Indeed, it is just the latest in a string of criticisms Romney has faced from the right's most influential media outlets in recent days, including The Wall Street Journal editorial page and the Weekly Standard.

“I don't feel that Mr. Romney has been doing himself any favors, say in the past few hours, perhaps since last night,” Noonan told Fox News. “Sometimes when really bad things happen, when hot things happen, cool words or no words is the way to go.”

It's Obama and his minions who are making it crystal clear that they are bungeling idiots.

you shouldn't care what she thinks. she doesn't speak for the rabid right. *shrug*

you shouldn't care what she thinks. she doesn't speak for the rabid right. *shrug*

What do you care? you wouldn't vote for a Republican if your life depended on it. Peggy Noonan's opinion is not relevent in your case, So why brother to bring it up? :confused:

What do you care? you wouldn't vote for a Republican if your life depended on it. Peggy Noonan's opinion is not relevent in your case, So why brother to bring it up? :confused:

Relevant to what? Why not bring up current events?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG0qPms3NlY]Peggy Noonan: 'Romney Looked Weak Today' - YouTube[/ame]

Relevant to what? Why not bring up current events?

Jillian acts as if Noonan's opinion means something to her. Does it matter to her that Peggy Noonan will almost surely be voting for Romney?....I don't think it does. Romney has never been "radical right" but now he is.... In crazy liberal land.

Forum List

Back