Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

Islam is the official religion. Shi'a Islam is the prevailing branch, with over 80% of Bahrainis practicing Shi'a Islam. Roman Catholic and Protestant churches, as well as a tiny indigenous Jewish community, also exist in Bahrain.

Interesting.

Demographics of Bahrain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess that explains why Sunni is concerned about what religion he is. He needs to decide whether to behave like a decent person or not. What a creepy little shit.

Islam is the official religion. Shi'a Islam is the prevailing branch, with over 80% of Bahrainis practicing Shi'a Islam. Roman Catholic and Protestant churches, as well as a tiny indigenous Jewish community, also exist in Bahrain.

Interesting.

Demographics of Bahrain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess that explains why Sunni is concerned about what religion he is. He needs to decide whether to behave like a decent person or not. What a creepy little shit.

Too right. His civility is one way.

i'm sorry can you tell me which one i have to remove.

Turn the middle one into a link and post "Disturbing Graphic".

That way it does not show as a picture, only a link.

i'm sorry can you tell me which one i have to remove.

Links are better, that way people can decide for themselves whether they open the link. But, thanks for providing a real view of what's going on.

I'm gonna send your links out to some media contacts.... maybe we can get them to give it more coverage out in the rest of the world.

Sorry for these pics.

Warning Disturbing Graphics In Links!!!:

http://www.samaheejmms.com/modules/gallery/photos/rev2011/aliabdulhussain1.jpg

http://www.samaheejmms.com/modules/gallery/photos/rev2011/mahmoodabutaki.jpg

This picture before attack:
1297849702.jpg

WashingtonPost is covering it.

BAHRAINcropped450.gif

The small Middle Eastern nation of Bahrain is the latest country in the region to be engulfed in anti-government demonstrations inspired by uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. But where, exactly, is Bahrain? And what should you know about the country?

The first protests started Monday, Feb. 14, fueled by complaints from the majority Shiite population of discrimination by the ruling Sunni al-Khalifa family for years. The revolts in Tunisia and Egypt helped galvanize the protests to demand more concessions from the ruling family. The family has already agreed to some changes. King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa said he would give 1,000 dinars ($2,650) to every local family. The government also hinted that it might release some minors who were arrested during a security crackdown in 2010. Here are a few more key facts:

Bahrain is a very small island nation (only about 100 square miles larger than New York City), sitting just of the coast of Saudi Arabia in the Persian Gulf.
Bahrain is a key U.S. ally in the region, houses U.S. Navy's 5th fleet, and is home to a large U.S. military base.
The country's population is just over 1 million, with a literacy rate of 91 percent.
Bahrain's economy relies heavily on petroleum processing and refining. It's also become an international banking center.
The country is run by a constitutional monarchy.
The median age is 30.
Eighty-one percent of the country is Muslim. Of that figure, Shiites make up 70 percent, and Sunnis make up 30 percent. Though the ruling family in the country is Sunni, Shiites make up about two-thirds of Bahrain's population.
Extra fun fact: The Bahrain Grand Prix was once given the "Best Organised Grand Prix" award by the FIA.

BlogPost - Bahrain protests: the world tunes into small country

In all the coverage of the freedom protests in Bahrain, a certain word beginning with the letter 'A' has been strikingly absent.

I don't mean 'autocratic.' Nor 'authoritarian.' Both of those have been invoked, and rightly so.

I refer to the word 'apartheid.' The Afrikaner term for 'separateness,' apartheid prevailed in South Africa from 1948 until 1993, when that country was under white minority rule.

While apartheid as a system was snuffed out in South Africa, it has survived as a descriptor that is deployed, in the main, by the bitterest detractors of Israel, but is arguably more relevant in the case of another Middle Eastern country: Bahrain.

It's always worth recalling what the original model of apartheid involved. In South Africa, 90 percent of the population was composed of non-whites (blacks in the main, but also mixed race and Indian communities) who were disenfranchised and deprived of fundamental human and civil rights.

Through such measures as the Group Areas Act (1950), the Bantu Education Act (1953), the Reservation of Separate Amenities Act (1953), the Suppression of Communism Act (1950), and the Prohibition of Mixed Marriages Act (1949), the apartheid regime micromanaged the lives of its subjects on the basis of their skin color. Under apartheid, it was the law that determined where blacks could live, what they could study, which seats they could occupy on public transport, what they could say or write publicly, with whom they could share a bed or marry.

Ben S. Cohen: Bahrain: The Missing 'A' Word

This is how it started.

Last edited by a moderator:

And now not peaceful....

Last edited by a moderator:
I note that Sunni Man and Kalam have now left the building.

head-in-the-sand.JPG

Fox News is on it.

021611_bahrainpolice.jpg

MANAMA, Bahrain -- Bahrain's top diplomat says the pre-dawn crackdown on anti-government protesters was justified because the demonstrators were pushing the kingdom to the "brink of the sectarian abyss."

Foreign Minister Khalid Al Khalifa said Thursday the violence that occurred during the raid that swept away a protest encampment and left at least four people dead in Manama's central Pearl Square was "regrettable."

Speaking to reporters after meeting with his Gulf counterparts, al Khalifa said the protesters were pushing the Sunni-ruled, Shiite-majority nation to the "brink of the sectarian abyss" and "polarizing the country."

Hours after the attack on Manama's main Pearl Square, the military announced a ban on gatherings, saying on state TV that it had "key parts" of the capital under its control.

Four Dead as Bahrain's Military Takes Control of Capital - FoxNews.com

That's because they thought they could derail this thread into some childish bitchfest. If I was Muslim, I would be ashamed to be associated with them. Creepy little shits.

Happily, the thread remains focused on the very real tragedy unfolding in Bahrain. I hope the people there realize that the western media is picking this up and making sure that we all hear about it. And maybe that will help put pressure on our Politicians to act, and they, in turn, can put pressure on the Bahraini Government to stop this slaughter and ring in a new era of freedom in their country.

That's because they thought they could derail this thread into some childish bitchfest. If I was Muslim, I would be ashamed to be associated with them. Creepy little shits.

Happily, the thread remains focused on the very real tragedy unfolding in Bahrain. I hope the people there realize that the western media is picking this up and making sure that we all hear about it. And maybe that will help put pressure on our Politicians to act, and they, in turn, can put pressure on the Bahraini Government to stop this slaughter and ring in a new era of freedom in their country.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back