Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Great pics at site, links too. I don't get an administration like this, that gets so much right, yet so much wrong. Sometimes I feel like we're back to 1971. :coffee3:

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/03/massive-muslim-protest-in-bahrain.html

Saturday, March 04, 2006
Massive Muslim Protest in Bahrain Against Terrorism

"As tragic as the recent events in Iraq are, the silver lining is that it has brought to the fore the sectarian tensions in Bahrain and the need to resolve them before the situation gets out of hand. I hope that the civil and political societies make use of this momentum to achieve tangible and permanent changes."

Chan'ad Bahraini
Wednesday, March 1, 2006

These Incredible Pictures are from Montadayat.org

Chan' ad Bahraini on the massive unity protest in Bahrain after the Golden Mosque bombings:

It comes as no surprise that the recent sectarian violence in Iraq would have repercussions here in Bahrain. Both countries have a Shia majority but have been politically dominated by the minority Sunnis; and both countries are now trying to establish themselves as something that looks like a democracy.

Rather than stressing the victimization of the Shia, Shaikh Isa Qassem in his speech highlighted the solidarity between Sunnis and Shias.

And there were lots of people with placards (like the one below) and chanting slogans of "No Shia, no Sunni. All of us denounce the exclusivists(terrorists)"

Chan' ad Bahraini has much more on the significance of this protest.

Montadayat.org has many picutres from the massive protest here and here.

People killed in Bahrain by Security Forces and terror by military.

Protesters was sleeping when Security forces attacks.

I can't post pics and links, please help us....

What is it that you think Americans can do to assist you?

Thanks California Girl

you are helping us actually by posting links and images. you can also publish news here about what happen in Bahrain and you can see how Bahrain TV represent our peaceful protest and write your opinion.

Thanks Dr. Drock and Jos

Last edited:

Thanks California Girl

you are helping us actually by posting links and images. you can also publish news here about what happen in Bahrain and you can see how Bahrain TV represent our peaceful protest and write your opinion.

Thanks Dr. Drock and Jos

I've been to Bahrain. Lovely place. What is it that the people of Bahrain want?

I agree.

I thought the country was pretty stable and prosperous.

Heck. I don't even remember hearing anything in the news about the country until a couple of days ago.

59495424.jpg

Update, 5:53 a.m.:
Death toll: Three people were killed and 231 wounded in a police operation to clear protesters from a Manama square Thursday, Bahrain's health minister said. Faisal bin Yaqoob al-Hamer told Reuters that 36 people were still being treated, including one in intensive care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get dispatches from Times correspondents around the globe delivered to your inbox with our daily World newsletter. Sign up »

A barrage of tear gas canisters thundered across the square about 3 a.m. as dozens of police cars, armored security vehicles and ambulances converged on a makeshift tent city in the center of Manama that was beginning to resemble a smaller version of Tahrir Square in Cairo, where Egyptian protesters this month were successful in overthrowing their president.

After a peaceful, festive evening, most of the protesters in Pearl Square were asleep when the attack began, witnesses said, noting that no steps had been taken to guard the area against the security forces, even though two people had been killed in clashes with them earlier in the week.

"They told us we had three days in the square," said one man as he ran from the scene. "And then they attack us on the second day."

Mideast unrest: Bahrain authorities launch surprise attack on protesters in Manama - latimes.com

bahrain.jpg

copy_of_bahrain_financial_galleryfull

bahrain_hotels.jpg

I loved Bahrain, good clean place, hot women and good booze, one of the better Arab countries I been to, I am sad to hear that it has problems.

We are in a news blackout in the USA. We get just about Zero news, sure they touch a big story when its completely out of hand, but as far as real news, we have none.

Bareed, is your user name an indication as to the problems in your country. Civil Rights of particular groups, I see a book from Lebanon has this word in the title so I am thinking maybe there is a connection, I was going to post a quote but thought it best to know if there is a connection first.

ss-110217-bahrain-06.grid-9x2.jpg

Bloody crackdown smashes Bahrain protesters
At least four people were killed Thursday after riot police used buckshot, tear gas and clubs to drive protesters from a main square in Bahrain's capital Manama, where they had been been demanding political change. an ambulance driver had said a Saudi Arabian army officer "held gun to his head" and threatened to kill him if he helped the injured.
Protesters' demands
The protesters' demands have two main objectives: Force the ruling Sunni monarchy to give up its control over top government posts and all critical decisions, and address deep grievances held by the country's majority Shiites who claim they face systematic discrimination and are effectively blocked from key roles in public service and the military.
Bloody crackdown smashes Bahrain protesters - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

within last few years tow Pakistani was killed and within 4 days 6 Bahraini killed. The government does't catch the killer. The king promise people to provide them with houses, better salaries and provide unemployeds with proper jobs but nothing from his promises happened.

People in Bahrain signed on constitution on 2001 and after 1 year he change it.

within last few years tow Pakistani was killed and within 4 days 6 Bahraini killed. The government does't catch the killer. The king promise people to provide them with houses, better salaries and provide unemployeds with proper jobs but nothing from his promises happened.

People in Bahrain signed on constitution on 2001 and after 1 year he change it.

My understanding is that you don't necessarily want to overthrow your king but that you want a greater say in your government and you want your government to help the Bahraini people more. Is that right?

We are in a news blackout in the USA. We get just about Zero news, sure they touch a big story when its completely out of hand, but as far as real news, we have none.

Bareed, is your user name an indication as to the problems in your country. Civil Rights of particular groups, I see a book from Lebanon has this word in the title so I am thinking maybe there is a connection, I was going to post a quote but thought it best to know if there is a connection first.

We don't have a 'news blackout', it's just not being reported because the US media doesn't see Bahrain as a strategically important ally, like Egypt is. But what we can do, is bombard the US Media and ask them why they are not covering the protests in Bahrain. Seems to me, it would help put pressure on their government if our media would run the story.

Guys, email the media - left or right - just throw out some emails and ask them to cover it.

Forum List

Back