Paul Ryan's Budget and Vets

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
But, without saying the word "veteran," the budget tells us a lot about what they think about veterans. The budget calls for across the board spending freezes and cuts. If enacted, the Ryan GOP budget would cut $11 billion from veterans spending, or 13 percent from what President Obama proposes in his own plan.

VetVoice A project of VoteVets.org

Now while I applaud the effort to try and get the Govt. to get it's house in order, I wonder if it escaped Rep. Ryan's notice what has been going on in Iraq and Afghanistan in the last 10 years. I am sure he doesn't think the states will be able to take on the honor ( and yes I said honor) of caring for this nations warriors when the states will have a hard enough time under this budget plan absorbing the medicaid hit. Forgive me here, but it would seem to me that in a time when our nation went to War without sharing the burden of those wars on the American public and in fact giving this nation several tax cuts in the process, to then tell those young men and women who defended this nation, sorry, we can't help you is a little bit over the top.

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

- George Washington

Forum List

Back