Patti Davis: My father, Ronald Reagan, would never have stood for this

I encourage the ever increasingly foolish "the truth isn't truth" Alt Right and Trumpers to keep looking at the 2016 election.

Please.

Have not a clue who will win in 2020, & have doubts that the one coming up will hold any big surprise. for sure its gotten a lot harder to find the truth based on provable facts.

The so called press have attacked not Trump, but Americans who elected Trump in a free and fair election. They lost and have been trying to undermine the president we the people elected ever since. THAT'S what's been going on.

Earth to Blues - It was NOT a "free and fair election"
Grow the fuck up and open your eyes

Here let me laugh in your face :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The so called press have attacked not Trump, but Americans who elected Trump in a free and fair election. They lost and have been trying to undermine the president we the people elected ever since. THAT'S what's been going on.

What was not free or fair about it?

Yep.......that's what I've been hearing.......for the last 30 years or so.

Well then you've been hearing wrong. The death is being hastened .. every day in every way.
My suggestion would be to embrace your White Nationalist nature and come up with a new party.
Leave true conservatives and what is left of the R Party the hell alone.

Well if this is death of a party, long live death, because we took over the Congress, took over the Senate, took over the White House, and captured 2/3 of the Governorships across the country.

Enjoy that for another 2.5 months :)

Well if it makes you happy. But you know, I have no faith in polls or experts. Much of the time they are wrong just like last election. They are designed to shape opinion instead of reporting opinion. There is an old saying we used years ago "If it's not broke, don't fix it' so I can't imagine anybody who would want to change what we have going on today.

But then again there are people that have always voted for failure in the past. If people want to do that again, then we haven't learned anything as a nation yet.

Polls were spot on last election
One last look: 2016 polls actually got a lot right

If not, perhaps everyone misunderestimated the effect of two Comey announcements and thousands of Russian bots and trolls?

Yep, polls tighten the last few days before the election because they don't want to go on record as being so wrong. But look at the polls up to the last week and you'll see a hell of a difference.

Trump would not have won without help from Russia. He is not really a legitimate President.

Trump would not have won without help from Russia. He is not really a legitimate President.
ROFL! Another moron has spoken!

I'm not a Marxist - Any more questions or dumb assumptions Trumpling?

Gotcha. You're not an actual Marxist, you just play one on message boards

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:
me
42% of American voters are Independents

And most of those 42% often take the liberal side of things.

Democrats just love saying, I'm not a Democrat, but wow, the Democrats are right on every issue ...

It's amazing how many of these non-Democrats never side with conservatives or Republicans. But they're Independents.

rolling eyes.gif

Remember how in the presidential debates Hillary said it was un-American to question the validity of the elections? Obama seconded that view.

President Barack Obama on Tuesday attacked Donald Trump for making “unprecedented” and “irresponsible” claims about a rigged election.

“I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes,” Obama said in the Rose Garden during a joint press conference with Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi ahead of the Obamas’ final state dinner.

“I have never seen, in my lifetime or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place,” Obama added.

Last edited:

True and accurate. Moron is you, cu cu ka to

So funny. The only way to deal with a bully is let him beat you up all the time, just don't swing back and hope he doesn't hit as hard the next time.

So Reagan never went after the press, and how did that work out for him?
Bush Senior never went after the press, and how did that work out for him?
George junior never went after the press, and how did the work out for him?

Reagan won his second term with among the largest margins in history and left with his legacy largely intact.
Bush Senior lost but not because of the Press, look at a guy named Ross Perot.
George Jr. won two terms. The press had absolutely nothing to do with his legacy. That was pure Bush.

It is only Trump acting like a whiny little autocrat that can't take criticism that viciously attacks the press and who has called them the enemy of the people..

Trump will win re-election comparable to how easily Reagan won re-election.

You mean all this help from Russia that nobody can find? Oh, that's right, you leftists think that people base their vote on what they read on Facebook.

Well said Patti ... well said :eusa_clap:

<snips>

The verbal sparring between my father and Sam Donaldson of ABC, or Helen Thomas of UPI, is well documented. But there was never vitriol, there was never name-calling, and if anyone had attacked a journalist, my father would have been the first to stand in the way.

I've tried to imagine what my father would have done if people attending a political speech of his had turned to the press and raised their middle fingers, hurled obscenities or physically menaced the reporters there doing their jobs. I found it difficult to conjure the image, and then I realized why. It simply wouldn't have happened. The person on the podium, the person everyone has gathered to see, sets the tone.

President Donald Trump has quite successfully set today’s tone. He expertly stirred up the anger that was already simmering in the people who support him, and then he lit a match to it. He gave them an enemy — always a useful tactic. And naming the press as the enemy has precedents: Many tyrants have employed it to their advantage. Trump may not read much, but I’ll bet he knows that.

Those of us who are horrified by the vilification of the news media, those of us who cringe at the sight of angry mobs jeering at the cordoned-off journalists at Trump rallies, far outnumber those who are swept up by this ugly passion. We are still in the majority. But if we are silent, if we don't speak up, if we don't raise our voices and say, "This is not America," it won't matter that we are in the majority.

Silence didn't create this country; brazen, unwavering commitment did. And one of those commitments was to a free press - one not controlled or hampered by a demagogue who has a good day only when he's being flattered.​

A classic non-sequitor

-Geaux

Well said Patti ... well said :eusa_clap:

<snips>

The verbal sparring between my father and Sam Donaldson of ABC, or Helen Thomas of UPI, is well documented. But there was never vitriol, there was never name-calling, and if anyone had attacked a journalist, my father would have been the first to stand in the way.

I've tried to imagine what my father would have done if people attending a political speech of his had turned to the press and raised their middle fingers, hurled obscenities or physically menaced the reporters there doing their jobs. I found it difficult to conjure the image, and then I realized why. It simply wouldn't have happened. The person on the podium, the person everyone has gathered to see, sets the tone.

President Donald Trump has quite successfully set today’s tone. He expertly stirred up the anger that was already simmering in the people who support him, and then he lit a match to it. He gave them an enemy — always a useful tactic. And naming the press as the enemy has precedents: Many tyrants have employed it to their advantage. Trump may not read much, but I’ll bet he knows that.

Those of us who are horrified by the vilification of the news media, those of us who cringe at the sight of angry mobs jeering at the cordoned-off journalists at Trump rallies, far outnumber those who are swept up by this ugly passion. We are still in the majority. But if we are silent, if we don't speak up, if we don't raise our voices and say, "This is not America," it won't matter that we are in the majority.

Silence didn't create this country; brazen, unwavering commitment did. And one of those commitments was to a free press - one not controlled or hampered by a demagogue who has a good day only when he's being flattered.​

/——-/ Who cares?

It's hard to imagine that average working class folk get behind any rich candidate. But that's the only choices we get. I shall not vote ever again unless the candidate is NOT wealthy. Hear that dupes?

If Jesus was here today Trump would be trying to find a way to crucify him.

Both sides are guilty as charged but the dupes here are incapable of thinking that advanced. The parties know it.

True and accurate. Moron is you, cu cu ka to
It's total horseshit, like everything else you believe.

Forum List

Back