Patti Davis: My father, Ronald Reagan, would never have stood for this

While the dems lie....remember that trickle down doesn't trickle. And both sides are way way way off base.

Stood for what? It's no freaking secret that Pati Davis was a radical liberal who clashed with her Father's political ideology.. I bet her father would never have stood for her posing nude for Playboy either so whatever the thinks about President Trump is her own opinion regardless of how swilling she is to disrespect her father's memory.

Well said Patti ... well said :eusa_clap:

<snips>

The verbal sparring between my father and Sam Donaldson of ABC, or Helen Thomas of UPI, is well documented. But there was never vitriol, there was never name-calling, and if anyone had attacked a journalist, my father would have been the first to stand in the way.

I've tried to imagine what my father would have done if people attending a political speech of his had turned to the press and raised their middle fingers, hurled obscenities or physically menaced the reporters there doing their jobs. I found it difficult to conjure the image, and then I realized why. It simply wouldn't have happened. The person on the podium, the person everyone has gathered to see, sets the tone.

President Donald Trump has quite successfully set today’s tone. He expertly stirred up the anger that was already simmering in the people who support him, and then he lit a match to it. He gave them an enemy — always a useful tactic. And naming the press as the enemy has precedents: Many tyrants have employed it to their advantage. Trump may not read much, but I’ll bet he knows that.

Those of us who are horrified by the vilification of the news media, those of us who cringe at the sight of angry mobs jeering at the cordoned-off journalists at Trump rallies, far outnumber those who are swept up by this ugly passion. We are still in the majority. But if we are silent, if we don't speak up, if we don't raise our voices and say, "This is not America," it won't matter that we are in the majority.

Silence didn't create this country; brazen, unwavering commitment did. And one of those commitments was to a free press - one not controlled or hampered by a demagogue who has a good day only when he's being flattered.​

Awwwww.

While her father was unfairly attacked it was nothing like the press has done to Trump, the administration and even the citizen voters.

The press is the enemy. Not principally of Trump either. The press is the enemy of whoever doesn't agree with the press.

Basically an enemy of the people.

The so called press have attacked not Trump, but Americans who elected Trump in a free and fair election. They lost and have been trying to undermine the president we the people elected ever since. THAT'S what's been going on.

Earth to Blues - It was NOT a "free and fair election"
Grow the fuck up and open your eyes

What was not free or fair about it?
Trump would not have won without help from Russia. He is not really a legitimate President.

Nope - Without Putin AND two Comey announcements it would have been lights out and I didn't even vote for Hillary.
Trump has admitted it to friends - He knows that if the election had been any other day and without all the serendipity - he'd have lost.
He even promised Melania he'd lose and she wouldn't have to move into the White House.
No wonder she's looked so miserable ever since :)

maxresdefault-9-678x381.jpg

Gotcha. You're not an actual Marxist, you just play one on message boards

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:
me
42% of American voters are Independents

And most of those 42% often take the liberal side of things.

Democrats just love saying, I'm not a Democrat, but wow, the Democrats are right on every issue ...

It's amazing how many of these non-Democrats never side with conservatives or Republicans. But they're Independents.

View attachment 211526

Most indies can't stand the dude anymore.

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:
me

Democrats just love saying, I'm not a Democrat, but wow, the Democrats are right on every issue ...

It's amazing how many of these non-Democrats never side with conservatives or Republicans. But they're Independents.

View attachment 211526

Well, racist. Funny how they're voting like last time

me

View attachment 211526

Huh? - You are losing your asses in special elections - believe we're up to 50 against 4 on flipped seats.
You probably missed that. :cool:
Democrats flip 43rd state legislative seat since Trump took office - CNNPolitics

View attachment 211526

Huh? - You are losing your asses in special elections - believe we're up to 50 against 4 on flipped seats.
Democrats flip 43rd state legislative seat since Trump took office - CNNPolitics
Well hopefully you do pick up state seats since Obama cost you guys like 1000s of them. how many congressional ones.....who was the guy in Ga you guys touted for months.....oh Jon Osoff........is he in congress now?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
If Reagan were around today he would be considered a RINO or worse in their eyes. That is how far Republicanism has deviated from its modern foundations.

By it's "modern foundations" you mean Republicans who took the garbage you commie turds threw at them without fighting back? Republicans you could slander, steal elections from, and lose wars to regain power? You're right about one thing, John-Boy, Trump put a stop to your kind selling out the country with immunity and kicks the shit out of you for trying it. Patti Reagan is a dope-smoking whore even more shameful than her faggot ballet dancer brother; neither ever spoke for Ronald Reagan and never will.

View attachment 211526

First of all, racist, to take isolated races and draw a national conclusion is just flat out stupid. And 1,000 seats flipped from blue to red under Obama, a few flipping back is certainly to be expected.

The only thing you got right is how badly libertarians lose elections. Not sure what your racist point is it though. Just your hatred of black people?

View attachment 211526

First of all, racist, to take isolated races and draw a national conclusion is just flat out stupid. And 1,000 seats flipped from blue to red under Obama, a few flipping back is certainly to be expected.

The only thing you got right is how badly libertarians lose elections. Not sure what your racist point is it though. Just your hatred of black people?

I've voted for two libertarians in my life, dozens of Rs - Yes, probably more Ds than anything.
Iffin' I was you, I'd grab my water wings or my surfboard. :D

democrats-have.jpg

View attachment 211526

I've voted for two libertarians in my life, dozens of Rs - Yes, probably more Ds than anything.
Iffin' I was you, I'd grab my water wings or my surfboard. :D

democrats-have.jpg

So when republicans flipped a thousand, you called that a tsunami, racist? Why do you hate black and brown people so much?

So when republicans flipped a thousand, you called that a tsunami, racist? Why do you hate black and brown people so much?

Jesus what an idiotic response.

1. I called it what Obama called it - a "shellacking". Learn the word, you'll be needing it soon
2. This thread has nothing to do with race Pee Wee

Jesus what an idiotic response.

1. I called it what Obama called it - a "shellacking". Learn the word, you'll be needing it soon
2. This thread has nothing to do with race Pee Wee

I see, so you want a reasonable use of calling people racists.

1000 seats flipped to red and that's nothing, but 43 flip back and it's a wave!!!

On race, no shit, that's my point. Do you grasp what you said just said now??

Well said Patti ... well said :eusa_clap:

<snips>

The verbal sparring between my father and Sam Donaldson of ABC, or Helen Thomas of UPI, is well documented. But there was never vitriol, there was never name-calling, and if anyone had attacked a journalist, my father would have been the first to stand in the way.

I've tried to imagine what my father would have done if people attending a political speech of his had turned to the press and raised their middle fingers, hurled obscenities or physically menaced the reporters there doing their jobs. I found it difficult to conjure the image, and then I realized why. It simply wouldn't have happened. The person on the podium, the person everyone has gathered to see, sets the tone.

President Donald Trump has quite successfully set today’s tone. He expertly stirred up the anger that was already simmering in the people who support him, and then he lit a match to it. He gave them an enemy — always a useful tactic. And naming the press as the enemy has precedents: Many tyrants have employed it to their advantage. Trump may not read much, but I’ll bet he knows that.

Those of us who are horrified by the vilification of the news media, those of us who cringe at the sight of angry mobs jeering at the cordoned-off journalists at Trump rallies, far outnumber those who are swept up by this ugly passion. We are still in the majority. But if we are silent, if we don't speak up, if we don't raise our voices and say, "This is not America," it won't matter that we are in the majority.

Silence didn't create this country; brazen, unwavering commitment did. And one of those commitments was to a free press - one not controlled or hampered by a demagogue who has a good day only when he's being flattered.​

Apples to oranges. They never attacked Reagan like they do to Trump.

Perhaps that is because Reagan wasn't an ASSHOLE?
Ya - Prolly

They called him that and worse.

Forum List

Back