Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

Who would jesus sick a mob on?

This is why I dont like organized religion.

Believe what you want biut dont organize.

The minute you do someone wants the power to control the organized and get them to do their bidding.

Its the historical record.

Religion should not be involved in the running of society, history shows why.

Religion should be a personal matter.

how is desiring for you to learn attacking you?

If we use that logic then a bunch of teachers who want their students to learn are in reality attacking them.

And yes, wanting people to be better than they currently are is love.

It comes off as extremely arrogant, which can certainly be interpreted as an attack. It would be like me, as an atheist, telling you that I hope you learn one of these days to abandon your silly superstition and embrace the truth. I just want you to be better than you currently are, so isn't that love?

Hopefully that explains to you why having a preachy, know-it-all, holier than thou attitude isn't exactly the best approach to changing hearts and minds.

So what would you suggest would be the appropriate way to change minds and hearts if you can't tell them the truth without being offended?

The truth is the truth. It doesn't change because we accept it or not. Wanting people to learn that so they can grow and become better people is arrogant?

Maybe I'm naive then. Because i generally think that if you want people to be better, that's a good thing. I'm not going to get upset if you wish id leave my faith. you are wrong about it making me better but the fact that you care about me would be more important.

When you experience the Holy Spirit, you can't help but want to share the Gospel with everyone. You want them to feel the joy and love you feel from God. You want them to be blessed. You can't simply be content to bless yourself and your family. You want your friends and even your enemies to be blessed. It's just not possibly to feel that power and not want to share it.

Maybe I need more tact, though I sincerely am disappointed that I haven't gained it by now.

Im sorry if i came across as attacking or arrogant. That wasnt my intention. Clearly i still have more to learn.

Isn't the above line that I bolded and underlined Avatar saying that christians are better than non-christians?

Has anyone tried to look this case up? I did. All I found came from leftist blogs. Did it happen or is it pro gay astroturfing?

And they did it?????

If I was at a church and the Pastor told me to beat someone up, I'd just look at him like he'd gone insane!

Because the majority of Christians aren't gay-bashing fuckheads and bigots.

No one said they were. The ones in the Democratic Party seem very nice.
923-facepalm.gif

Failed troll is fail.

Last edited:
It comes off as extremely arrogant, which can certainly be interpreted as an attack. It would be like me, as an atheist, telling you that I hope you learn one of these days to abandon your silly superstition and embrace the truth. I just want you to be better than you currently are, so isn't that love?

Hopefully that explains to you why having a preachy, know-it-all, holier than thou attitude isn't exactly the best approach to changing hearts and minds.

So what would you suggest would be the appropriate way to change minds and hearts if you can't tell them the truth without being offended?

The truth is the truth. It doesn't change because we accept it or not. Wanting people to learn that so they can grow and become better people is arrogant?

Maybe I'm naive then. Because i generally think that if you want people to be better, that's a good thing. I'm not going to get upset if you wish id leave my faith. you are wrong about it making me better but the fact that you care about me would be more important.

When you experience the Holy Spirit, you can't help but want to share the Gospel with everyone. You want them to feel the joy and love you feel from God. You want them to be blessed. You can't simply be content to bless yourself and your family. You want your friends and even your enemies to be blessed. It's just not possibly to feel that power and not want to share it.

Maybe I need more tact, though I sincerely am disappointed that I haven't gained it by now.

Im sorry if i came across as attacking or arrogant. That wasnt my intention. Clearly i still have more to learn.

Isn't the above line that I bolded and underlined Avatar saying that christians are better than non-christians?

I found it to be moreso in the following paragraph. "Because i generally think that if you want people to be better, that's a good thing." That's judging.

Nobody on this planet will ever be on such a high moral plane that they can then decide who among 'the least of us' needs to be "better." - and here's why.

When you get to where you're going spiritually, all this minutiae doesn't matter. It's not important. You stop looking at behaviors, and start looking at hearts. You operate from a space of Grace, not condemnation.

Forgive them, good doctor, for they know not what they do.

Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church | Addicting Info

Oh, okay! One of them was his son. Now I understand.

Not.

"Grace Fellowship" my ass.

Well, if you know your father is a raging homophobe, showing up to his church and publically humiliating him seems pretty suicidal to me.

Sounds to me like these guys wanted a confrontation and got more than they bargained for.

Can't work up a shitload of "give a fuck" over this one. They brought a knife to a gunfight.

You can. because you aren't happy unless you are outraged. And the ability to turn meth dealers (like Matt Shephard) into gay martyrs is hard when so few of them sign up for it.

I always thought Tank was alone in his crazed prejudices, but there's 2 others equally as loony and immoral as him right here on a 3 page thread.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm only attributing this to Avatar because he said it.

Just personally you'll never hear me (a non-religious person) say, "I want you (religious person) to become better by dropping your religion."

I understand what you're saying, but I'm only attributing this to Avatar because he said it.

Just personally you'll never hear me (a non-religious person) say, "I want you (religious person) to become better by dropping your religion."

I get it, I just couldn't pass up a perfect opportunity for a quickie lol.

You can't reason with a troll, Doc. Just troll him mercilessly, until he can no longer take it, and deletes System 32.

Yeah i know, I've learned that you can't just talk prejudice people out of their prejudices.

Prejudices are obtained through ignorance, ignorance can only be fixed in certain people by real life experience.

It's much more pleasant and enlightening to have a discussion with people who think they know less than they actually know than with people who think they know more than they actually know. Unfortunately, many religious evangelists seem to think they know pretty much everything, making the whole ordeal and exercise in futility.

Guess that message of unconditional love and forgiveness applies to every sin except homosexuality to these guys. Fuck it, throw the book at them, and if they get off scott-free, make an example of them through other means.

The sheriff should get some of the action, too.

I am suspect of the claim against the deputy. All the rest is bullshit. No church I have been to has ever advocated violence, plenty that were and ARE led by ignorant bastards, but none that advocate violence. The Pastor should be charged for inciting a riot, and the members for assault. The church needs to have a change of leadership as well.

I'm curious... is anyone ever 'better' than someone else? Or are we all the same?

I found it to be moreso in the following paragraph. "Because i generally think that if you want people to be better, that's a good thing." That's judging.

Nobody on this planet will ever be on such a high moral plane that they can then decide who among 'the least of us' needs to be "better." - and here's why.

When you get to where you're going spiritually, all this minutiae doesn't matter. It's not important. You stop looking at behaviors, and start looking at hearts. You operate from a space of Grace, not condemnation.

But you see everything as a 'condemnation' or as a 'judgment', so it really wouldn't matter either way. There's no way that Av could tell you what he is saying is 'truth' without offending you because you already think you're smarter and better than him, do you not? When you stop judging people then maybe you can preach. If you say you're above it yourself, or that you don't do it, then you're a liar.

And you're welcome to say it, many atheists do on a regular basis, doesn't mean that the person you're directing it has to be offended. If you're comfortable in your own skin and mature in your beliefs, you saying that to them would mean absolutely nothing. No one has a right to not be offended, so suck it up and act like an adult. :)

You can't reason with a troll, Doc. Just troll him mercilessly, until he can no longer take it, and deletes System 32.

Yeah i know, I've learned that you can't just talk prejudice people out of their prejudices.

Prejudices are obtained through ignorance, ignorance can only be fixed in certain people by real life experience.

I'm guessing that you're prejudiced in thinking that you're smarter than most people on here. :lol: You will never eliminate prejudice or judgment from the human condition, there's not one human being currently on the planet that is free from doing either.

Forum List

Back