Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

When is someone 'better' then?
When they are more capable than others.

Why are your moral distinctions for 'better' any 'better' than anyone elses?
When did I ever say they were, assumptions McGee?

You completely missed the point. And one political or religious idealogy cannot be considered more 'capable', therefore better than another? In solving problems? Improving the lives of their followers, etc...?? I think they can. Judgments are made by everyone everyday, it's silly to go around telling other people they shouldn't be judging, not to mention meaningless.

Isn't the above line that I bolded and underlined Avatar saying that christians are better than non-christians?

Isn't it obvious though that liberals think they are better than everyone else? So, what is your point? Why do you attack Avatar for his honest concern for others and put up with people like rdean and TDM who actually pretend to be so much better than everyone else?

Immie

I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I rarely if ever respond to RDean and TruthMatters because they're hypocritical idiots. The fantasy world they live in is anything attached to democrats=moral/great/heavenly and anything attached to republicans=immoral/terrible/satanic. Their partisanship has replaced their moral compass, at least in terms of how they talk on this board.

I respond to Avatar because I respect him, but if he truly thinks christians are better than non-christians, than I can't express how much I disagree with him on that.

No, I have not mistaken you for anyone else, but I agree with your second sentence. My point is that both of those two arrogant individuals have posted in this thread and you don't comment on it, but everyone lets them get away with it.

I think the terminology being used here is purposely incorrect and being used to attack Christians. I, for one, and the Christians that I know, do not believe we are "better" than anyone else. What we believe is that we are saved by the Grace of God and we quite honestly want others to be saved as well.

An analogy would be better suited if it referred to the non-believer's health. Does one think he is better than someone else when he says something like, "I am so sorry to hear of your illness. I hope you get better soon"? That is what a Christian means when he or she is talking about the spiritual health of another human being. It has nothing to do with... "nanananananana, I am a better person than you are. You should learn from me". Instead, it is a hope for wellness of a person's soul.

Immie

Isn't it obvious though that liberals think they are better than everyone else? So, what is your point? Why do you attack Avatar for his honest concern for others and put up with people like rdean and TDM who actually pretend to be so much better than everyone else?

Immie

I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I rarely if ever respond to RDean and TruthMatters because they're hypocritical idiots. The fantasy world they live in is anything attached to democrats=moral/great/heavenly and anything attached to republicans=immoral/terrible/satanic. Their partisanship has replaced their moral compass, at least in terms of how they talk on this board.

I respond to Avatar because I respect him, but if he truly thinks christians are better than non-christians, than I can't express how much I disagree with him on that.

No, I have not mistaken you for anyone else, but I agree with your second sentence. My point is that both of those two arrogant individuals have posted in this thread and you don't comment on it, but everyone lets them get away with it.

I think the terminology being used here is purposely incorrect and being used to attack Christians. I, for one, and the Christians that I know, do not believe we are "better" than anyone else. What we believe is that we are saved by the Grace of God and we quite honestly want others to be saved as well.

An analogy would be better suited if it referred to the non-believer's health. Does one think he is better than someone else when he says something like, "I am so sorry to hear of your illness. I hope you get better soon"? That is what a Christian means when he or she is talking about the spiritual health of another human being. It has nothing to do with... "nanananananana, I am a better person than you are. You should learn from me". Instead, it is a hope for wellness of a person's soul.

Immie

Yeah my guess is those 2 are on a lot of ignore lists, they aren't on mine but i more or less ignore them bc they aren't worth responding to, Avatar is even when i disagree with him.

I wasn't attaching Avatar's quote to all christians, i was solely asking him about his own quote. Him alone. I understand what you're saying in your post and that makes sense, but am still waiting to hear if that's what Avatar meant.

If someone is hoping me for me to become a christian because they think that's the main determinant of whether I'm hellbound or heaven-bound than i respect that, as if I were christian i'd probably have the same mindset.

Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church | Addicting Info

Oh, okay! One of them was his son. Now I understand.

Not.

"Grace Fellowship" my ass.

Well, if you know your father is a raging homophobe, showing up to his church and publically humiliating him seems pretty suicidal to me.

Sounds to me like these guys wanted a confrontation and got more than they bargained for.

Can't work up a shitload of "give a fuck" over this one. They brought a knife to a gunfight.

You can. because you aren't happy unless you are outraged. And the ability to turn meth dealers (like Matt Shephard) into gay martyrs is hard when so few of them sign up for it.

On the other hand the intelligent thing for the pastor to do would have been to call the police and have them arrest the son and his partner for trespass. But that's what a thinking adult would do. Even a raging homophobe.

When is someone 'better' then?

Why are your moral distinctions for 'better' any 'better' than anyone elses?

You completely missed the point. And one political or religious idealogy cannot be considered more 'capable', therefore better than another? In solving problems? Improving the lives of their followers, etc...?? I think they can. Judgments are made by everyone everyday, it's silly to go around telling other people they shouldn't be judging, not to mention meaningless.

I missed the point? It's like you didn't even read my post, or think you're still talking to BDBoop. ideologies are irrelevant, because they aren't capabilities, they're just thoughts, and have little to do with a persons innate, or developed abilities and skills.

A person is better than another when they are more capable than another, in the way that Jesse Owens was better than the other Olympic runners by being more capable on the track, or like Beethoven being a better composer than Moussorgsky for being more capable of evoking a wider range of emotional responses with a greater variety of instrumental configurations, ranging from full orchestras, piano concertos, string quartets, and vocals, despite his severe handicap. Ideology has nothing to do with it, success, drive, skill, and achievement are what makes one man better than another. Human equality is feel-good bullshit myth.

Last edited:

I missed the point? It's like you didn't even read my post, or think you're still talking to BDBoop. ideologies are irrelevant, because they aren't capabilities, they're just thoughts, and have little to do with a persons innate, or developed abilities and skills.

A person is better than another when they are more capable than another, in the way that Jesse Owens was better than the other Olympic runners by being more capable on the track, or like Beethoven being a better composer than Moussorgsky for being more capable of evoking a wider range of emotional responses with a greater variety of instrumental configurations, ranging from full orchestras, piano concertos, string quartets, and vocals, despite his severe handicap. Ideology has nothing to do with it, success, drive, skill, and achievement are what makes one man better than another. Human equality is feel-good bullshit myth.

I didn't say that idealogies are capabilities, so you lost me on that one. I said that some ideas/idealogies are and can be better than others. Democrasy is better than communism for instance. Ideas are turned into action, Beethoven came up with the idea of his symphonies before he actually did them.

At least we agree on your last sentence, can't argue with that.

If I were these two boys I'd find a different church to attend, right away. If they still want to attend church, that is.

Maybe the whole "pray away the gay" isn't so bad lol, look at the alternative.

Thanks for the reply, but i'll let Avatar clear it up. The post seemed pretty black and white to me.

A person who's non-christian<that same person if he/she were christian

How on earth did you get that from anything I've said?

Typical Christians.
They know nothing of tolerance.
Their 'Bible' is full of violence and incitement to violence against non-believers.

If it was 'typical' of Christians, we would see this behavior constantly. We don't. Therefore you're an idiot. Which is typical of.... well... you... as an individual.

Twit.

No, you are!

I can't see how any honest or sane human could tolerate this behavior, especially of people in their own religion.

It kills everyone elses view of a "loving God."

Jesus wouldn't do it, why should you?

I can't see how any honest or sane human could tolerate this behavior, especially of people in their own religion.

Can you point to any honest or sane human who is tolerating this behavior?

Doesn't matter if they'd beg to differ. The truth is the truth. Even if people disagree or are ignorant of it.

One of these days, I hope you realize that. It's the first step in learning.

And you had to attack me personally - why?

But I'm supposed to believe you represent a higher love.

:eusa_hand:

how is desiring for you to learn attacking you?

If we use that logic then a bunch of teachers who want their students to learn are in reality attacking them.

And yes, wanting people to be better than they currently are is love.

Yet, Avatar4321, you refuse to learn the truth about Mosiah 4 and your duty to your fellow man. You are that kind of individual who is so worried about barriers protecting whatever that you miss so much. Sigh. Let the Spirit flow in you, guy, not channel it to your expectations.

That brings up a valid point. Does it then follow that whoever agrees with the actions of that church are dishonest and insane?

That brings up a valid point. Does it then follow that whoever agrees with the actions of that church are dishonest and insane?

Most people are dishonest and alittle insane. Cant do much about the insanity but it would be nice if more people addressed the dishonesty problem.

Publicly, you dumb fuck.

And in your spiritual world - men of God physically attack and beat people?

I hope you're not still wondering why so many people have turned their backs on your God.

I have to just assume that you're kind of dim, and haven't seen the five hundred times I've said I'm an atheist.

don't have a God. Haven't for years.

My point was, these two punks decided to start a fight. Well, they got one. Can't get worked up about this. I suspect that this father's relationship with this kid has been a major ordeal.

Publicly, you dumb fuck.

I hope you're not still wondering why so many people have turned their backs on your God.

I have to just assume that you're kind of dim, and haven't seen the five hundred times I've said I'm an atheist.

My point was, these two punks decided to start a fight. Well, they got one. Can't get worked up about this. I suspect that this father's relationship with this kid has been a major ordeal.

Wrong assumption, asshole. You can go with B) I have your sorry ass on ignore. Sadly, somebody quoted your total waste of cyber air.

Publicly, you dumb fuck.

Wrong assumption, asshole. You can go with B) I have your sorry ass on ignore. Sadly, somebody quoted your total waste of cyber air.

so that's why you posted IMMEDIATELY after me? Because you were quoting someone who didn't respond to my comments? And then took the time to neg rep, because you are totally ignoring me.

(How old are you, 14?)

Okay, I think we've established you're dishonest.... but everyone knew that.

Forum List

Back