Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

And they did it?????

If I was at a church and the Pastor told me to beat someone up, I'd just look at him like he'd gone insane!

Because the majority of Christians aren't gay-bashing fuckheads and bigots.

No one said they were. The ones in the Democratic Party seem very nice.

I live in a heavily Republican area, they're just as nice here. You on the other hand are a partisan who is just as wrong as the gay bashing fuckheads we're condeming.

I guess you could call it "addicting info" because it seems that the willing minions of the hate speech would rather rely on their addiction to propaganda than eximine the story. There is no evidence that "pastor orders his flock" other than the assumption of the sad angry homosexual kid. I heard the Rev. Wright tell his flick including Barry Obama that "God didn't bless this Country..He (fucked? this Country? That's a smoking gun. Why don't all you sissies pack your panties and protest China for equal sodomite rights and come back and tell us how you made out.

What the HELL is the matter with people these days??

Fear of a changing world, of one’s status being threatened or challenged. Among the ignorant that fear manifests into hate. Indeed, we see this fear, ignorance, and hate in this very forum, this very thread…

What is wrong with people? They don't bother to get the Holy Spirit and live the Gospel. That's the problem.

Billions of people ‘get’ neither and are exemplary human beings. In fact, the most moral and ethical I know are free from faith.

And you had to attack me personally - why?

It’s the bane of Christian arrogance and hubris.

What do you want to bet they'd beg to differ.

Doesn't matter if they'd beg to differ. The truth is the truth. Even if people disagree or are ignorant of it.

One of these days, I hope you realize that. It's the first step in learning.

But I'm supposed to believe you represent a higher love.

:eusa_hand:

how is desiring for you to learn attacking you?

If we use that logic then a bunch of teachers who want their students to learn are in reality attacking them.

And yes, wanting people to be better than they currently are is love.

Doesn't matter if they'd beg to differ. The truth is the truth. Even if people disagree or are ignorant of it.

If we use that logic then a bunch of teachers who want their students to learn are in reality attacking them.

It comes off as extremely arrogant, which can certainly be interpreted as an attack. It would be like me, as an atheist, telling you that I hope you learn one of these days to abandon your silly superstition and embrace the truth. I just want you to be better than you currently are, so isn't that love?

Hopefully that explains to you why having a preachy, know-it-all, holier than thou attitude isn't exactly the best approach to changing hearts and minds.

It comes off as extremely arrogant, which can certainly be interpreted as an attack. It would be like me, as an atheist, telling you that I hope you learn one of these days to abandon your silly superstition and embrace the truth. I just want you to be better than you currently are, so isn't that love?

Hopefully that explains to you why having a preachy, know-it-all, holier than thou attitude isn't exactly the best approach to changing hearts and minds.

So what would you suggest would be the appropriate way to change minds and hearts if you can't tell them the truth without being offended?

The truth is the truth. It doesn't change because we accept it or not. Wanting people to learn that so they can grow and become better people is arrogant?

Maybe I'm naive then. Because i generally think that if you want people to be better, that's a good thing. I'm not going to get upset if you wish id leave my faith. you are wrong about it making me better but the fact that you care about me would be more important.

When you experience the Holy Spirit, you can't help but want to share the Gospel with everyone. You want them to feel the joy and love you feel from God. You want them to be blessed. You can't simply be content to bless yourself and your family. You want your friends and even your enemies to be blessed. It's just not possibly to feel that power and not want to share it.

Maybe I need more tact, though I sincerely am disappointed that I haven't gained it by now.

Im sorry if i came across as attacking or arrogant. That wasnt my intention. Clearly i still have more to learn.

The same crowd that booed the gay soldier and applauded executions must be in a swoon over this. They call it "America going in the RIGHT direction".

Why are you so determined to lie about those you consider your enemies? Do you really believe you are justified in this? Do you really think you somehow have the moral high ground when you can't be honest about your opponent's positions and feelings?

Please answer the question sometime. And dont give me some talking points about what you think of Republicans. This thread isn't about politics.

If that were my church, the Sunday before this incident would have been the last time I would have graced their sanctuary with my presence.

Somewhere along the line, the pastor seems to have lost connection with the teachings of the Lord.

Immie

I agree.
I am wondering if this incident would have happened if one of the gay men had NOT been the pastor's son.

Grace Fellowship Church in Fruitland, TN

Is everyone SURE this isn't an onion story?

If that were my church, the Sunday before this incident would have been the last time I would have graced their sanctuary with my presence.

Somewhere along the line, the pastor seems to have lost connection with the teachings of the Lord.

Immie

I agree.
I am wondering if this incident would have happened if one of the gay men had NOT been the pastor's son.

Grace Fellowship Church in Fruitland, TN

Is everyone SURE this isn't an onion story?

I don't think it's an union story.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's true though.

o please most on here would quickly fall into mob actions....or the mob mentality ....you see it in their post daily.....they move like a little black hole....sucking energy out of threads and the board

Typical Christians.
They know nothing of tolerance.
Their 'Bible' is full of violence and incitement to violence against non-believers.

o please most on here would quickly fall into mob actions....or the mob mentality ....you see it in their post daily.....they move like a little black hole....sucking energy out of threads and the board

I would be the one to pull out a gun in defense of the man being beaten by the mob. No matter what he did. If you have a problem, deal with it in court.

So what would you suggest would be the appropriate way to change minds and hearts if you can't tell them the truth without being offended?

The truth is the truth. It doesn't change because we accept it or not. Wanting people to learn that so they can grow and become better people is arrogant?

Maybe I'm naive then. Because i generally think that if you want people to be better, that's a good thing. I'm not going to get upset if you wish id leave my faith. you are wrong about it making me better but the fact that you care about me would be more important.

When you experience the Holy Spirit, you can't help but want to share the Gospel with everyone. You want them to feel the joy and love you feel from God. You want them to be blessed. You can't simply be content to bless yourself and your family. You want your friends and even your enemies to be blessed. It's just not possibly to feel that power and not want to share it.

Maybe I need more tact, though I sincerely am disappointed that I haven't gained it by now.

Im sorry if i came across as attacking or arrogant. That wasnt my intention. Clearly i still have more to learn.

Why should you apologize for other people's inability to comprehend basic English?

Typical Christians.
They know nothing of tolerance.
Their 'Bible' is full of violence and incitement to violence against non-believers.

If it was 'typical' of Christians, we would see this behavior constantly. We don't. Therefore you're an idiot. Which is typical of.... well... you... as an individual.

Twit.

Jerry Pittman Jr. and his boyfriend, Dustin Lee, have since filed charges against two of the men who beat them as well as Pastor Jerry Pittman. A hearing has been scheduled in Gibson County Court for Tuesday, October 4th.

Good!

Hope the victims can make criminal charges stick.

Then I hope their CIVIL SUIT bankrupts that church AND the perps who attacked them, too.

Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church | Addicting Info

Oh, okay! One of them was his son. Now I understand.

Not.

"Grace Fellowship" my ass.

Well, if you know your father is a raging homophobe, showing up to his church and publically humiliating him seems pretty suicidal to me.

Sounds to me like these guys wanted a confrontation and got more than they bargained for.

Can't work up a shitload of "give a fuck" over this one. They brought a knife to a gunfight.

You can. because you aren't happy unless you are outraged. And the ability to turn meth dealers (like Matt Shephard) into gay martyrs is hard when so few of them sign up for it.

Oh okay. Now I understand.

Avatar, your mind is closed. I only say this because your lack of intelligence is costing you the ability to learn.

How am I doing so far?

What say you read Matthew 23, and then tell God you are humbly sorry for your arrogance in ascending the seat of Moses, and just as soon as you get that beam out of your own eye, you can start working on the splinters in others, mmkay?

Love you!!!

Boop

Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church | Addicting Info

Oh, okay! One of them was his son. Now I understand.

Not.

"Grace Fellowship" my ass.

Well, if you know your father is a raging homophobe, showing up to his church and publically humiliating him seems pretty suicidal to me.

Sounds to me like these guys wanted a confrontation and got more than they bargained for.

Can't work up a shitload of "give a fuck" over this one. They brought a knife to a gunfight.

You can. because you aren't happy unless you are outraged. And the ability to turn meth dealers (like Matt Shephard) into gay martyrs is hard when so few of them sign up for it.

Publicly, you dumb fuck.

And in your spiritual world - men of God physically attack and beat people?

I hope you're not still wondering why so many people have turned their backs on your God.

I guess you could call it "addicting info" because it seems that the willing minions of the hate speech would rather rely on their addiction to propaganda than eximine the story. There is no evidence that "pastor orders his flock" other than the assumption of the sad angry homosexual kid. I heard the Rev. Wright tell his flick including Barry Obama that "God didn't bless this Country..He (fucked? this Country? That's a smoking gun. Why don't all you sissies pack your panties and protest China for equal sodomite rights and come back and tell us how you made out.

Assault Complaints Filed after Incident at Church | WBBJTV West Tennessee's News Channel | Local News

Forum List

Back