Pastor ARRESTED For Sheltering Homeless In -20 Degrees

This reminds of when I lived in Yuma and local churches used to put water and other stuff for illegals in places in the desert to keep them from dying, and they were made to stop.

The last thing the Govt wants is for people to follow the words of Jesus.
There were groups hunting those supplies and shooting the water bottles full of holes. Unwrap the food and spread it on the ground. There is hungry wildlife.

1. Is he abusing them in any way?
2. Does he have a license?
3. Is he creepy?
4. Are they illegal immigrants? Do they "work" for him?
5. Ever read a sign don't feed the animals? There's many reasons for the sign.
Don't be absurd. It was -20 and he opened his church for them, to rescue them from the freezing weather that could've killed them. Your lame excuses to justify criminally prosecuting him only convince brain-dead liberals. Not even smart liberals take your points seriously.

If you owned a business in this business district, you would call the police because this man is breaking the law.

Nope, I sure would not.

As a business owner, I don't have to justify myself to you why I don't want this happening in my fucking business district. Go take them to your home, where you have beds. This is a business district.

I can't believe you got me arguing for the business owner. But I have to in this situation.

I know right, how dare someone actually follow their religion, the shock is just too much to your system. Seems them being housed in his church is better than them being frozen to death in front of your store...but I guess you do not see it that way

Don't be absurd. It was -20 and he opened his church for them, to rescue them from the freezing weather that could've killed them. Your lame excuses to justify criminally prosecuting him only convince brain-dead liberals. Not even smart liberals take your points seriously.
That was just my first hunch at possible reasons they would arrest him. Then I looked into it. It was the business owners in the business district that got him arrested. Most likely small business owners. Most likely trump supporters. So take it up with them.

Business didn’t want that element around. This is why you shouldn’t want the country, government and law to run like a business. No heart.

Nope, I sure would not.

I know right, how dare someone actually follow their religion, the shock is just too much to your system. Seems them being housed in his church is better than them being frozen to death in front of your store...but I guess you do not see it that way

1. He needs to move his church somewhere else. Out of this business district. A church/homeless shelter.

2. Can you not put yourself in the business owners in this business district who don’t want this to be the solution to homelessness?

3. Then I’m sure you feel the same about the refuges on the border seeking asylum? The right thing to do is let them in right? It’s cold in South America. Or is this a case of not in my back yard. You’re awful generous with the laws in these peoples backyard.

Research and it is much more detailed , and offences occurred over a long time time .

Stinks of being a False Victim story

1. He needs to move his church somewhere else. Out of this business district. A church/homeless shelter.

2. Can you not put yourself in the business owners in this business district who don’t want this to be the solution to homelessness?

3. Then I’m sure you feel the same about the refuges on the border seeking asylum? The right thing to do is let them in right? It’s cold in South America. Or is this a case of not in my back yard. You’re awful generous with the laws in these peoples backyard.

1. Not a big fan of the freedom of religion.

2. Yes, I would rather have them in a shelter than sleeping on the sidewalk in front of my business. I am not sure why you would not.

3. Yes, with you it is a case of NIMBY, you are cool with homeless people getting shelter as long as it is not near your business.

1. Not a big fan of the freedom of religion.

2. Yes, I would rather have them in a shelter than sleeping on the sidewalk in front of my business. I am not sure why you would not.

3. Yes, with you it is a case of NIMBY, you are cool with homeless people getting shelter as long as it is not near your business.
I’m playing devils advocate. Like I said, blame the small business owners not me. They don’t want it in their back yard.

Alright now you're going to make me go look up this case. First of all, funny this is happening in RED Ohio. So yea, I do see the politics in this. So why did he get arrested?

In November, officials told him Dad’s Place could no longer house the homeless because it lacks bedrooms. The building is zoned as a central business, and Ohio law prohibits residential use, including sleeping and eating, in first-floor buildings within business districts.

Ok? So if you are morally against him getting arrested, how about fiscally? Let's say you are a small business owner and this church is within your business district. Do you want homeless people around? No you do not. So while you feel bad for these people, your business district is not the place for them.

I want to hear pro business fiscal Republicans argue with Christian Conservatives on this one.
I get the concerns of the business folk. But they just made a martyr out of the guy.

A better approach would have been to get a restraining order against him, and to lobby the city to build a homeless shelter somewhere that it would not bother anyone. Like in the woods. Offer the homeless free rides, either to the shelter, or to jail for camping in public.

For what it's worth, if I'm ever homeless, I will not go into a shelter called "Dad's Place." Sounds creepy.

That was just my first hunch at possible reasons they would arrest him. Then I looked into it. It was the business owners in the business district that got him arrested. Most likely small business owners. Most likely trump supporters. So take it up with them.

Business didn’t want that element around. This is why you shouldn’t want the country, government and law to run like a business. No heart.
I don't dispute that, maybe that's the case. Nonetheless, this pastor shouldn't be prosecuted for saving lives. If the state isn't housing these homeless people, then the church will. This is what Jesus told Christians to do.

I don't dispute that, maybe that's the case. Nonetheless, this pastor shouldn't be prosecuted for saving lives. If the state isn't housing these homeless people, then the church will. This is what Jesus told Christians to do.
Then he might have to move the church. Or get arrested again. Or draw attention to the problem and the local government solves the problem. Notice the corporations don't reach out, offer them affordable housing and jobs?

He's already been arrested once. So according to Ohio law, he's breaking the law. Have they changed the law? Did the business owners have a heart and drop the charges? Say it's okay if he does it moving forward?

The YouTube video titled "Pastor ARRESTED For Sheltering Homeless In -20 Degrees | The Kyle Kulinski Show," which is approximately 10 minutes long, discusses a significant and controversial incident where a pastor was arrested for providing shelter to homeless individuals during extremely cold weather, specifically when temperatures dropped to -20 degrees. The video delves into the specifics of this incident, exploring the circumstances that led to the pastor's arrest. It also offers commentary and analysis on the broader social and legal implications of this event, reflecting on issues such as homelessness, public policy, and the legal system's response to acts of compassion in crises.

Is there an article or name so we can search?

The YouTube video titled "Pastor ARRESTED For Sheltering Homeless In -20 Degrees | The Kyle Kulinski Show," which is approximately 10 minutes long, discusses a significant and controversial incident where a pastor was arrested for providing shelter to homeless individuals during extremely cold weather, specifically when temperatures dropped to -20 degrees. The video delves into the specifics of this incident, exploring the circumstances that led to the pastor's arrest. It also offers commentary and analysis on the broader social and legal implications of this event, reflecting on issues such as homelessness, public policy, and the legal system's response to acts of compassion in crises.

Having read the MSN article, that does appear to be pretty bogus.

1706034396552.png

Of course. And is the business owner who called the cops on him a dick? Probably. But it's his business. And his safety. These people are violent, commit crime and bring down the value of the area.

This is why I'm a liberal democrat who thinks government should deal with this. So you, me, the business owner and this pastor don't have to.
Except the homeless people are already there, yes? The article noted there is already ahomeless shelter there.

Except the homeless people are already there, yes? The article noted there is already ahomeless shelter there.
It has beds. It's a homeless shelter. That's where they should go. Not this guys business, in the business district where it's not allowed.

Hey it's Ohio. States rights. I always said Ohio is cra cra. What conservative atheists had this pastor arrested? Very Ayn Rand of them.

That was packed with homeless and unable to accept more people, hence the pastor opened the church building. How can anyone in their right mind charge him with a crime?

It has beds. It's a homeless shelter. That's where they should go. Not this guys business, in the business district where it's not allowed.

Hey it's Ohio. States rights. I always said Ohio is cra cra. What conservative atheists had this pastor arrested? Very Ayn Rand of them.
The homeless shelter overflowed. It was literally lethal temperatures. The homeless were still around.

That was packed with homeless and unable to accept more people, hence the pastor opened the church building. How can anyone in their right mind charge him with a crime?
Zoning compliance is driven by business. In Houston he would have been fine, as they don't have Yankee zoning.

There is a difference between seeking to prevent illegal immigration and offering shelter to anybody with in sub freezing weather.

To the extent that the story is real, there should never have been an arrest.

Forum List

Back