Pastor ARRESTED For Sheltering Homeless In -20 Degrees

There is a difference between seeking to prevent illegal immigration and offering shelter to anybody with in sub freezing weather.

To the extent that the story is real, there should never have been an arrest.

The problem could have been solved at the border, by informing the invaders that they were risking their lives by entering a country where one of their options, at this time of year, was dying in hostile environs. Their choice.

The homeless shelter overflowed. It was literally lethal temperatures. The homeless were still around.

Zoning compliance is driven by business. In Houston he would have been fine, as they don't have Yankee zoning.
If it's between zoning and allowing these people to freeze to death, screw zoning. The business community wants to get rid of the homeless, rather than homelessness and constantly votes for politicians who defund government programs that eliminate homelessness. Like what happened in Salt Lake City, Utah, and throughout that state, when mostly Republicans decided to stop funding the government's "Housing First" program which essentially eliminated homelessness from the state for about five or six years. They reduced homelessness by like 85%. Then the Republicans started complaining about the cost of housing the homeless and destroyed the program.

Homelessness is more expensive than housing the homeless in small studio apartments, under the supervision of social workers and law enforcement. They had to attend AA and NA meetings, they had to get tested for drugs periodically, and many of them stopped drinking and drugging, and got their lives back.

That government-funded program in Utah was a blessing from God, and the Republicans started to self-righteously moralize about "How can we just provide free housing to these no-good, worthless homeless people, when so many people are working hard to pay their bills?", the answer to that question is that some people need extra help and to do otherwise is more expensive for society. Not to help these people, ends up hurting those hard-working people who are trying to pay their bills. Moreover, this program facilitates the rehabilitation or restoration of these homeless people, helping them become productive members of society. The Housing First program saved lives.

Last edited:
The homeless shelter overflowed. It was literally lethal temperatures. The homeless were still around.

Zoning compliance is driven by business. In Houston he would have been fine, as they don't have Yankee zoning.
Ohio is a red AF state. Yankee? LOL. Florida is far south but not as conservative as Ohio is.

The YouTube video titled "Pastor ARRESTED For Sheltering Homeless In -20 Degrees | The Kyle Kulinski Show," which is approximately 10 minutes long, discusses a significant and controversial incident where a pastor was arrested for providing shelter to homeless individuals during extremely cold weather, specifically when temperatures dropped to -20 degrees. The video delves into the specifics of this incident, exploring the circumstances that led to the pastor's arrest. It also offers commentary and analysis on the broader social and legal implications of this event, reflecting on issues such as homelessness, public policy, and the legal system's response to acts of compassion in crises.

I just saw someone post this news and thought about your thread

Meet the black Chicago Democrats who SUED progressive mayor Brandon Johnson for housing migrants in park that's 'crown jewel' of their community - and won​

This reminds me of your story. After seeing this story from Chicago, I now conclude yes, I want that pastor arrested. You don't come into the crown jewel part of the city and bring in the homeless. Get that shit out of here. Inappropriate.

WHAT?

When laws cause people to freeze to death, they are WRONG

Are regulations more important than human life?

I guess you'd say they are?
The people are voluntarily freezing to death. If they didn't want to freeze they would have stayed in their nice, warm, home countries.

Don't be absurd. It was -20 and he opened his church for them, to rescue them from the freezing weather that could've killed them. Your lame excuses to justify criminally prosecuting him only convince brain-dead liberals. Not even smart liberals take your points seriously.
wow, I guess we can disabuse ourselves of the notion that liberals even pretend to care anymore for the downtrodden.

Sealy is Ignore worthy...

If it's between zoning and allowing these people to freeze to death, screw zoning. The business community wants to get rid of the homeless, rather than homelessness and constantly votes for politicians who defund government programs th
i saved some of this to read later. I agree w/ you on this issue but you are wrong about Republicans. Sure, some don't care about the downtrodden but a lot .. if not ALL dims are guilty of same

And I don't see how in God's name someone can call himself a Christian and support the Party of Baby Killers!

The people are voluntarily freezing to death. If they didn't want to freeze they would have stayed in their nice, warm, home countries.
so those people were illegals?

Well, I still don't say let them freeze or anything remotely like it.

They were lied to by officials in the US about how nice it would be to crash our borders

But they are not the ones who should freeze outside... if you know what I'm saying

:rolleyes:

Not all of them are migrants and even if it were the case they're still human beings. I doubt that Jesus would let them freeze. Moreover, these people are here mostly due to US foreign policy. We orchestrate coup d'etats, we install our puppets in their countries to serve the interests of American and European corporations, and we impose crippling economic sanctions, that undermine their government's ability to develop their countries. Many of these illegal immigrants are coming from Venezuela, Nicaragua, and Honduras, three countries that have suffered and continue to suffer under bad American foreign policy. You don't care Bubba? Fine, learn Spanish. Eat tacos.

i saved some of this to read later. I agree w/ you on this issue but you are wrong about Republicans. Sure, some don't care about the downtrodden but a lot .. if not ALL dims are guilty of same

And I don't see how in God's name someone can call himself a Christian and support the Party of Baby Killers!
Do you mean the babies in Gaza? At least more Democrats support government-funded social programs that help the poor, as they did in Utah with the "Housing First" program. It's mostly Republicans who defund programs that help the poor.

I'm a Christian, but do you know what I see at my church congregation, A LOT? People crying alligator tears for fetuses attached to the uteruses of strangers while not giving a fart about Palestinian "A-rab" (Ayyyyyyrab) children in Gaza who are being bombarded by 2000-pound bombs. I see that as hypocrisy. They're the champions of fetuses but don't give a rats about the babies in Gaza who are being ripped to pieces by Israeli bombs and missiles, crushed to death in collapsing buildings. Can you imagine being a child trapped under the rubble of one of those collapsing buildings, injured, scared, in pitch blackness, and unreachable by rescue crews? Many so-called "Christians", Right-Wing Republicans, don't care. They're like "Good, wipe them out".

Do you mean the babies in Gaza? At least more Democrats support government-funded social programs that help the poor, as they did in Utah with the "Housing First" program. It's mostly Republicans who defund programs that help the poor.

I'm a Christian, but do you know what I see at my church congregation, A LOT? People crying alligator tears for fetuses attached to the uteruses of strangers while not giving a fart about Palestinian "A-rab" (Ayyyyyyrab) children in Gaza who are being bombarded by 2000-pound bombs. I see that as hypocrisy. They're the champions of fetuses but don't give a rats about the babies in Gaza who are being ripped to pieces by Israeli bombs and missiles, crushed to death in collapsing buildings. Can you imagine being a child trapped under the rubble of one of those collapsing buildings, injured, scared, in pitch blackness, and unreachable by rescue crews? Many so-called "Christians", Right-Wing Republicans, don't care. They're like "Good, wipe them out".
the babies in the womb!

forgot all about them

again

the babies in the womb!

forgot all about them

again
Forget about the babies in Gaza? You're comparing a zygote, an embryo, or an undeveloped fetus to an actual breathing human being outside of the womb? Not even the Bible equates the two. Do you want Biblical evidence? Both the Hebrew Bible and Jewish law make a clear distinction between pre-natal life, and people, who are outside of the womb, breathing and interacting with the world.

Do I value life in the womb? Yes. Do I equate it with a human being like yourself, no. Not the same. Especially in early gestation, what is in the womb isn't a human being. It's human, just like if you extract a single cell from my body, that's a human cell, but it's not a human being. You can attach that cell that contains my DNA to technology, in a laboratory, and perhaps clone me. Create another human being, that looks exactly like me, possessing my DNA. But that one single human cell, that was extracted from my body, isn't a human BEING. It needs to be provisioned, and supported by technology in order to actualize its potential as a human BEING. It needs to develop into one.

In human pregnancy, the human being is the woman who is pregnant. She's the human being and member of society, and she should have sovereignty over her uterus, especially early in pregnancy. You have an argument for later pregnancy, not being under the prerogative of the woman who is pregnant, but not before that fetus develops further, into viability or close to being viable. Until then, you don't have much of an argument, if any against the pregnant woman (i.e. The actual human being in the equation at that point), from having control over her uterus (i.e. Reproductive process within her body).

It's hypocrisy, to use the heavy hand of government to strip women of their sovereignty over their reproductive health, and their wombs while crying about government mask mandates in the middle of a nationwide, deadly pandemic.

Many right-wing Republicans whine about the government forcing them to wear a mask in crowded, public venues, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, because supposedly they have absolute sovereignty over their own faces (their bodies), then turn around and try to force women to remain pregnant for nine months, prohibiting them from having sovereignty over their own bodies, under the heavy hand of government. You don't see the hypocrisy of that? If that wasn't enough, these same "Christian" Republicans will vote for politicians that defund social programs that help single mothers raise their children. They care about fetuses, not babies outside of the womb.

I'm against late-term abortions of convenience. Willy-nilly abortions of convenience, that are beyond a certain stage of gestation are in my opinion, wrong. Immoral. But early in pregnancy if a woman decides to stop provisioning a zygote, embryo, or early, undeveloped fetus, with her body's life and resources (her uterus), I believe she should be permitted to do that. That's her prerogative, especially when there are so many Christians defunding social programs that would help her if she lost her job as a result of her pregnancy or would provide her with the help she needs to raise her child as a single mother.

Until Christians are more socially conscious, and show more concerned for single mothers, and their babies who are outside of the womb, I'm not going to take their "concerns" for fetuses seriously. I consider their tears for fetuses, crocodile tears. They're being hypocritical and self-righteous. They will spend $60 weekly on Papa Johns Pizza, and complain about paying an extra $25 monthly or $300 yearly in taxes to support single mothers and their babies with child daycare, housing assistance, job training..etc. Don't come to me with your crocodile tears about fetuses, when you don't give a darn about single mothers and their babies. I don't mean you personally, I'm speaking in general.

Not all of them are migrants and even if it were the case they're still human beings. I doubt that Jesus would let them freeze. Moreover, these people are here mostly due to US foreign policy. We orchestrate coup d'etats, we install our puppets in their countries to serve the interests of American and European corporations, and we impose crippling economic sanctions, that undermine their government's ability to develop their countries. Many of these illegal immigrants are coming from Venezuela, Nicaragua, and Honduras, three countries that have suffered and continue to suffer under bad American foreign policy. You don't care Bubba? Fine, learn Spanish. Eat tacos.
What about the other 60 countries sending invaders?

1miseryindex
Forget about the babies in Gaza? You're comparing a zygote, an embryo, or an undeveloped fetus to an actual breathing human being outside of the womb? Not even the Bible equates the two. Do you want Biblical evidence? Both the Hebrew Bible and Jewish law make a clear distinction between pre-natal life, and people, who are outside of the womb, breathing and interacting with the world.

Do I value life in the womb? Yes. Do I equate it with a human being like yourself, no. Not the same. Especially in early gestation, what is in the womb isn't a human being. It's human, just like if you extract a single cell from my body, that's a human cell, but it's not a human being. You can attach that cell that contains my DNA to technology, in a laboratory, and perhaps clone me. Create another human being, that looks exactly like me, possessing my DNA. But that one single human cell, that was extracted from my body, isn't a human BEING. It needs to be provisioned, and supported by technology in order to actualize its potential as a human BEING. It needs to develop into one.

In human pregnancy, the human being is the woman who is pregnant. She's the human being and member of society, and she should have sovereignty over her uterus, especially early in pregnancy. You have an argument for later pregnancy, not being under the prerogative of the woman who is pregnant, but not before that fetus develops further, into viability or close to being viable. Until then, you don't have much of an argument, if any against the pregnant woman (i.e. The actual human being in the equation at that point), from having control over her uterus (i.e. Reproductive process within her body).

It's hypocrisy, to use the heavy hand of government to strip women of their sovereignty over their reproductive health, and their wombs while crying about government mask mandates in the middle of a nationwide, deadly pandemic.

Many right-wing Republicans whine about the government forcing them to wear a mask in crowded, public venues, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, because supposedly they have absolute sovereignty over their own faces (their bodies), then turn around and try to force women to remain pregnant for nine months, prohibiting them from having sovereignty over their own bodies, under the heavy hand of government. You don't see the hypocrisy of that? If that wasn't enough, these same "Christian" Republicans will vote for politicians that defund social programs that help single mothers raise their children. They care about fetuses, not babies outside of the womb.

I'm against late-term abortions of convenience. Willy-nilly abortions of convenience, that are beyond a certain stage of gestation are in my opinion, wrong. Immoral. But early in pregnancy if a woman decides to stop provisioning a zygote, embryo, or early, undeveloped fetus, with her body's life and resources (her uterus), I believe she should be permitted to do that. That's her prerogative, especially when there are so many Christians defunding social programs that would help her if she lost her job as a result of her pregnancy or would provide her with the help she needs to raise her child as a single mother.

Until Christians are more socially conscious, and show more concerned for single mothers, and their babies who are outside of the womb, I'm not going to take their "concerns" for fetuses seriously. I consider their tears for fetuses, crocodile tears. They're being hypocritical and self-righteous. They will spend $60 weekly on Papa Johns Pizza, and complain about paying an extra $25 monthly or $300 yearly in taxes to support single mothers and their babies with child daycare, housing assistance, job training..etc. Don't come to me with your crocodile tears about fetuses, when you don't give a darn about single mothers and their babies. I don't mean you personally, I'm speaking in general.
A fetus is a human being. To be precise it is a stage of development of a human being. Like an infant, toddler, child, adolescent. They are all stages of development. A clone isn't a stage of development. Women that are frightened enough or desperate enough will kill that human being in an early stage of development. While I don't particularly care if she does, poor women might be better served if they were also spayed in the process. Just a little snip snip. If single mothers cannot afford their children, give them up to someone who can. They should receive no support other than what they work for. Nothing. Not a dime.

1miseryindex

A fetus is a human being. To be precise it is a stage of development of a human being. Like an infant, toddler, child, adolescent. They are all stages of development. A clone isn't a stage of development. Women that are frightened enough or desperate enough will kill that human being in an early stage of development. While I don't particularly care if she does, poor women might be better served if they were also spayed in the process. Just a little snip snip. If single mothers cannot afford their children, give them up to someone who can. They should receive no support other than what they work for. Nothing. Not a dime.
A fetus is a human being. To be precise it is a stage of development of a human being.

It's not a human being, it's a potential human being. It doesn't receive the status of a human being until society or more importantly, God considers it a full-fledged human being (fetuses aren't considered living souls until they're out of their mother's wombs and breathing). The actual human being is the woman, who is pregnant, at least this is the case in early gestation, before what is in her womb develops a functioning brain and may be able to experience pain. etc.

Going back to the Bible and Jewish law. According to the Bible, the fetus is an appendage of the mother's body. Until it is well developed, having the full form of a human being, it doesn't have any rights. It's part of the mother's life until it is born, and takes its first breath.

Like an infant, toddler, child, adolescent. They are all stages of development.

There are stages of development, but that doesn't imply that a zygote or embryo is a human being. It's a potential human being provided the actual human being (the pregnant woman), provides her uterus (her body and life for nine months). You shouldn't have a right to force her to remain pregnant for nine months, especially when you don't care if she has the resources to go without work for a few months during her pregnancy. If she loses her job due to her pregnancy, will you support her financially? No. Right? Pregnancy is hazardous to a woman's health, and her ability to support herself financially. Could you stop trying to control her uterus?

A clone isn't a stage of development.

It is if that human, living cell is attached to human technology. If human beings provide that living, human cell, with what it needs to develop, it can become a human being like you and me.

Women that are frightened enough or desperate enough will kill that human being in an early stage of development. While I don't particularly care if she does, poor women might be better served if they were also spayed in the process. Just a little snip snip.

How more cold, insensitive, and flippant could you be? You're completely indifferent to the needs of these women (actual human beings). You should spay or "snip snip" yourself. Spare society from the offspring of people with your inhumane and crass mentality. Women (actual human beings and members of the community with rights) can just get an abortion, early. Stay out of their uteruses.

People are poor for several reasons, that aren't necessarily their fault and to propose that they "spay themselves" depriving them of ever having a family, is preposterous. Snip snip yourself or better yet, vote for better politicians who believe in investing in people. Developing national infrastructure, supporting social programs, that improve people's lives and take people out of poverty. If you're not ready to support government programs that help the poor improve their situation and you don't care about single mothers, then stop whining about fetuses in other people's bodies. It's none of your business.

Were you complaining about mask mandates? Are you against the genocidal bombing campaign in Gaza, by the Israelis? If you're complaining about the government forcing you to wear a mask in public crowded venues in the middle of a deadly pandemic while being in favor of the government forcing women to remain pregnant for nine months. You're being inconsistent, to say it nicely. If you're crying for fetuses in the uteruses of strangers, while supporting the Israeli government's genocidal bombing campaign in Gaza, which is dropping 2000-pound bombs on children, your "concern" for fetuses is ridiculous. You're crying crocodile tears for fetuses. You're a champion of fetuses, while Palestinian children are being crushed and ripped to pieces.

If single mothers cannot afford their children, give them up to someone who can.

You don't have the right to force women to remain pregnant for nine months, bearing the health risks and financial cost, especially when they can end their pregnancies early. Moreover, doing what you're proposing, actually creates more death. What you're offering as a solution, is actually pro-death, not pro-life. This is what happens to many unwanted children, who are in foster care:

california-prison.jpg

1200x0.jpg

This is pro-life?

They should receive no support other than what they work for. Nothing. Not a dime.

Then mind your own fucking business. Stop trying to control their uteruses.

Last edited:
What about the other 60 countries sending invaders?
Hardly, you just pulled that figure out of your buttcrack. Most illegal migrants coming into our country through our southern border are coming from Latin America and the Caribbean. Sure there are people from other parts of the world, who make it to Latin America and try to get through, but most of the illegal immigration comes from the American continent, including the Carribean. To pretend otherwise is just you being disingenuous.

Last edited:
the babies in the womb!

forgot all about them

again
Forget about what? The actual babies in Gaza? The actual human beings being crushed in collapsing buildings in Gaza? You don't care about them huh? Just fetuses in the wombs of strangers. You're the champion of fetuses (in the wombs of strangers).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back