Parkey's missed field goal officially ruled a Block!

Cody Parkey's missed field goal officially ruled block

I hope that makes him feel better....that had to be a pretty hard pill to take...

I’m with you on this. The kicking game in the NFL is one of the most unfair-to-the-principal things in sports. Especially when the final score is determined by the actions of the play. The kicker’s gamely performance may (or may not) be as consistent (or inconsistent) as anyone else on the team. The only difference is that the kicker’s performance is seen by 70,000 fans and millions on television; nobody usually notices if the left guard missed a block on a jet sweep to the other side of the field or remembers the dropped pass in the first quarter.

I felt terrible for the kicker.

Whenever a kick gets partially blocked, you can’t blame the kicker for the kick being no good. Period. Now I understand that this kicker didn’t have a great year kicking the ball, but there’s no way that kick was on him

Glad to see. Now he can work in the offseason and dedicate himself to hitting the kicks, while not feeling the burden of losing it for his team. If he didn't tip it, most certainly he hits it. seeing as it hit the post.

Forum List

Back