Zone1 Things that block people from God

No you just do not understand doctrinal differences.

It's just different interpretations of the same bible you defend the interpretation you like best or that you were raised into by your parents,

It's the same book, the same god and the same promises of salvation.

Chicken and potatoes is still just chicken and potatoes no matter what sauce you put on it or how you cook it

It's just different interpretations of the same bible you defend the interpretation you like best or that you were raised into by your parents,

Chicken and potatoes is still just chicken and potatoes no matter what sauce you put on it or how you cook it
The central message is the same yes. Jesus died for all of our sins.

1. Sin (Isaiah 59:2, Colossians 1:21)
  2. Pride (Psalm 10:4, James 4:6)
  3. The enemy (2 Corinthians 4:4)
  4. Preoccupation with this world (1 John 2:15, Romans 1:25)

Sometimes I hear nonbelievers say things like "I would like to believe, but I just don't." So for the sake of those who say that with sincerity, I felt it would be worthwhile to point out that certain things can block people from God. Or another way to put it is, there are certain things that are blinding.

This may not be a complete list, so if you're a believer, feel free to add to this list, in case I left anything out.
I won't say you are wrong. But in my long life the top is the lack of knowledge of the mercy of Jesus

The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy. My mercy is confirmed in every work of My hands. He who trusts in My mercy will not perish, for all his affairs are Mine, and his enemies will be shattered at the base of My footstool (Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, 723).

Again, just me, but most people on here argue against God because there is absolutely no way out , IF the following is true, they are headed to Hell. The greatest philosophical bouts on here are in the main attempts to avoid anyting personal.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,"

Only Mercy can deal with that

But then by your own reasoning you must be wrong.
1)Because isn't the Bible itself just an opinion ? Of course. So when Pope Luther tells you to get rid of those 7 Catholic books of the Bible that is exactly what you are doing: Using HIS definition of the Bible to oppose the Catholics
2)If just interpretations that defies common sense,for if morality is just somethinng made up WHY BOTHER :) It would be foolish to insist on anybody' morality,let alone YOURS. Why does a thief complain when you steal from him? Or why does a murderer say you did wrong when you murder a relative of his?
3) You are of the school that says "There is no Truth and THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH !!" :)

In other words you are just mouthing off.

But then by your own reasoning you must be wrong.
1)Because isn't the Bible itself just an opinion ? Of course. So when Pope Luther tells you to get rid of those 7 Catholic books of the Bible that is exactly what you are doing: Using HIS definition of the Bible to oppose the Catholics
2)If just interpretations that defies common sense,for if morality is just somethinng made up WHY BOTHER :) It would be foolish to insist on anybody' morality,let alone YOURS. Why does a thief complain when you steal from him? Or why does a murderer say you did wrong when you murder a relative of his?
3) You are of the school that says "There is no Truth and THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH !!" :)

In other words you are just mouthing off.

I don't bother with the bible.

I read it a few times cover to cover which, by the way, is more times than most Christians will ever read it and found it to be lacking in any real meaning.

And what are you doing right now if not mouthing off.

And why are you still here when you said you were leaving the board over a moral issue of advertising?

I guess your moral convictions are pretty weak

I read it a few times cover to cover which, by the way, is more times than most Christians will ever read it and found it to be lacking in any real meaning.
Most of the Bible was written during exile, persecution, oppression, or during the threat of destruction by nations far more numerous and powerful than a tribe of wandering shepherds. That being said it follows that what the stories are actually about have been hidden and buried in figurative language, just like any criminalized group of people do to this day, specifically to deliberately mislead and divert their enemies. Its easy to dismiss it all as nonsense. Entiendes? If you care to find meaningful treasures you must decipher the complicated metaphors such as angels, demons, talking serpents, donkeys, healing the sick and paralyzed, giving sight to the blind, demonic possession, heaven and hell, the world to come, and the resurrection of the dead.

Every contradiction in the Bible, from the first to the last page, and every story that offends the sensibilities of child are like an X on a treasure map marking the exact place where something of great value was buried, hidden. If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it. Its easy. If you don't look and look and keep on looking you will never find it. Either way, its your choice.

The kingdom of heaven is like hidden treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it (Jesus H. Christ!) buried it again.

Can you dig it? If you want to end the religious corruption of politics, the judicial system, secular laws, society itself, and government sanctioned persecution of the innocent just do it. Its easy.

Their false claim to moral authority has no foundation, either in the Bible or in reality. Capisci?

"So he drove the man out and to the east of Eden he stationed the cherubim with a flaming and flashing sword, that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life."

Last edited:
Right there are no real differences between any flavors of Christianity

^ This is so blatantly and demonstrably false, that I'm amazed that anyone with any sense whatsoever could say that with a straight face.

^ This is so blatantly and demonstrably false, that I'm amazed that anyone with any sense whatsoever could say that with a straight face.

The same bible the same god. Some bickering over points of dogma aren't that important

The same bible the same god. Some bickering over points of dogma aren't that important

There are lots of important differences between non-Catholics and Catholics. I would elaborate, but I was just about to sign off of here, as it's past 2 AM.

Btw, I paged you to this thread.

ETA: And their bible is not exactly the same, the Catholic bible has some additional books.

Last edited:
  1. Sin (Isaiah 59:2, Colossians 1:21)
  2. Pride (Psalm 10:4, James 4:6)
  3. The enemy (2 Corinthians 4:4)
  4. Preoccupation with this world (1 John 2:15, Romans 1:25)

Sometimes I hear nonbelievers say things like "I would like to believe, but I just don't." So for the sake of those who say that with sincerity, I felt it would be worthwhile to point out that certain things can block people from God. Or another way to put it is, there are certain things that are blinding.

This may not be a complete list, so if you're a believer, feel free to add to this list, in case I left anything out.
Rebellion
The flesh
Lust
Resentment
Bitterness
Wrath
Jealousy
Envy
Drug/Alcohol Abuse

Anything that causes us to combat God's will and His law will create a wedge between God and His creation. There are two paths: A broad one and a narrow one. Our willingness, or the lack, thereof, will determine which road we walk. Choose wisely.

I don't bother with the bible.

And what are you doing right now if not mouthing off.

And why are you still here when you said you were leaving the board over a moral issue of advertising?

I guess your moral convictions are pretty weak
Well I've read it many times and have the sacred languages. And when I taught people like you (you are a very identifiable 'type) you could tell they were mean and dishonest people because --guess what-- they always accuse people they disagree with of being morally weak !!!!!
There are great souls that don't fall uder that , like Tertullian,but you aint no Tertullian
1705057048960.png

Well I've read it many times and have the sacred languages. And when I taught people like you (you are a very identifiable 'type) you could tell they were mean and dishonest people because --guess what-- they always accuse people they disagree with of being morally weak !!!!!
There are great souls that don't fall uder that , like Tertullian,but you aint no Tertullian
View attachment 886807

And I have learned that what people like you and there is a definite type who denigrate the character of others do so because they hate that very thing they see in themselves.

Like you taking a moral stand against the thread over advertising and saying you are going to leave the forum. Then you don't leave the forum and start criticizing the character of other people.

So what are you other than a liar of weak moral character? And because you are a liar of weak moral character why should I give what you say any consideration at all?

Forum List

Back