Zone1 Things that block people from God

If you can't defend your statement then move along!

The Inquisition
The murder of William Tyndale for the crime of translating the bible from the Latin
The murder of 500,000 people for heresy
The murder of thousands of Protestants in France

I disagree I think you do believe, but struggle with thinking about it, it is a simple thing, yet you try to overthink it and the Bible mentions people like you!

There you go again telling me what I believe.

And of course the bible will mention what it calls "enemies" how else can religious zealots justify murdering them?

None of those philosophers claimed to be anything but mortals and they all actually wrote down their own words.
And I never said Jesus didn't exist. I said he was just a man who was a very charismatic religious leader. But he never wrote anything down himself did he?

And what about Alexander? Tell me do you believe that Elvis is still alive because people say they saw him? Or would you want proof?

As for what I believe I'll repeat myself again.

I do not believe we will ever know how the universe came into being. Our intellects are limited by real physical barriers. Just like my dog will never be able to comprehend algebra because her brain is incapable of the thought processes required we humans also have limitations .

I feel no need to name the inception of the universe as we know it. I see no need to give it a name and a human form and a personality and I certainly see no need to worship it.

And the key phrase here is "The universe as we know it". What do we really know? We have a working knowledge of about 5% of all the matter and energy that make up our visible universe and most of that knowledge has been gained in the last couple hundred years. So we theorize and make assumptions that fit with the things we can observe ( and we conveniently ignore what we cannot observe) which really tell us nothing about what existed before our know universe and until we know what existed before we will never know the actual process that was the inception of the universe.
Changes nothing, I am talking about the evidence of them existing!

I do understand. I just kind of think it's a crock. All of this mythology was absolutely literal, at its inception.

I really do understand your position especially given the way the 'representatives' of religion act.

Aside from that, I also understand that no one writes a story to educate themselves. Not to mention that any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like 'once upon a time' and then introduces a crafty talking serpent who "beguiles" Adam and Eve, an obvious metaphor for a human archetype whose contemporary descendants are openly and brazenly running amok like a biblical plague, (if you don't believe me watch the news), is a story that was written for the children of tent dwelling nomads who knew that snakes didn't talk before they ever went outside

Aside from what I think and what you think, its is a well known and universally accepted fact that anthropomorphism is a literary device for teaching children in every language worldwide. True?

Seriously. Do you think that the author of the three pigs ever believed that pigs could talk? Damn

If people understood biblical warnings from hard learned lessons of the distant past Trump would never have become president much less still be being supported by his clueless possessions

Why not try to learn what highly intelligent Hebrew nomads were teaching their children. Its easy

Don't be so godamn lazy.

Last edited:
I already gave that.

All Christian religions are offshoots of Catholicism.

Is there really any difference between them other than picayune little points of dogma?

Why do you care what I think?
As did I!
Baptists and Catholics do not share the same doctrine
Why are you here, obviously you are looking for help!

As did I!
Baptists and Catholics do not share the same doctrine
Why are you here, obviously you are looking for help!

No you started telling me what I have to believe so I'm arguing with you.

All flavors of Christianity are far more alike than they are different.

Catholicism is the original vanilla
The others just have different toppings

No you started telling me what I have to believe so I'm arguing with you.

All flavors of Christianity are far more alike than they are different.

Catholicism is the original vanilla
The others just have different toppings
Never happened, I told you what you already believe and have suppressed.
We have a totally different set of beliefs than Catholics, in my own opinion and many other protestants Catholicism in many cases sends people to hell

Never happened, I told you what you already believe and have suppressed.
We have a totally different set of beliefs than Catholics, in my own opinion and many other protestants Catholicism in many cases sends people to hell
A distinction with no difference.

You don't know what I believe because you never asked

And you like to think you're not like Catholics at all but you use the same bible and worship the same god

Name one.
If scripture is true every single Catholic who sets aside Divine law and turns to a lifeless matzo MADE BY HUMAN HANDS for spiritual life dies and descends into hell, the realm of the dead, in the very day and every single time that they do it, always dying but never finding peace in death.

Whee!

I do acknowledge that it is a deeply profound religious experience. Its just not a very good one.

Last edited:
Because I don't have to bother. The Bible is a collection of myths that were meant literally. I don't need to scour other ancient mysticism for useless information.
There is nothing mysterious or mystical about understanding what a talking serpent is in reality.

People deriding the lessons of the past as useless information are also responsible for the chaos today, just as responsible as the people who do take those stories literally which has defiled and contaminated their minds to the point where trump appears to them as some sort of messiah, however crazy that is, as you pretend the danger is not real because its all just ignorant superstitions of the past, Right. You have eyes, can't you see? You have ears, can't you hear?

This is not rocket science. You are pretending to be blind and are just a different species of serpent, still a direct descendant of that ever elusive talking serpent of old, or you are really just that dumb, professor.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:
No doubt. I was also referring to your suggestion that I explore ancient Jewish mysticism.
All I suggested is that you muster the massive intellectual effort required to put on your pants to try and understand what highly intelligent Hebrew nomads were teaching their little children to avoid embarrassing yourself further and gain an inkling about whats actually happening now.

And what to do about it.

I just don't have any interest in it. I find most fiction to be boring.
Then maybe you should find another hobby. Have you ever tried tap dancing for nickels?

Last edited:
All I suggested is that you muster the massive intellectual effort required to put on your pants to try and understand what highly intelligent Hebrew nomads were teaching their little children to avoid embarrassing yourself further and gain an inkling about whats actually happening now.
In other words, explore ancient Jewish mysticism. You really don't need that many words.

Agaun... no thanks. I have no use for that nonsense. It's way down on the list of my academic curiosity. Like, at the bottom

In other words, explore ancient Jewish mysticism.
No, nothing mystical about learning the moral of a fairy tale. Are you afraid its above your grasp?

Agaun... no thanks. I have no use for that nonsense. It's way down on the list of my academic curiosity. Like, at the bottom
If you have so many more important things to do why are you wasting your time at the bottom?

Slacker!

Last edited:
If you have so many more important things to do why are you wasting your time at the bottom?
I'm not. I'm not exploring ancient Jewish mysticism. I was forced to read a bit about it to pull an A in a college course. Talk about boring!

Forum List

Back