pardon moi? Atheist French woman wanting to become US citizen sues over "so help me God" in oath

GTFO? That's what the Indians said to White Eyes. God, then, is also a funky wet sound getting off the boat.

looks like the 'indians' didn't have any enforcement machanism Badger !!

Last edited:
The enforcement mechanism didn't work post-genocide, either: those few that were left were not allowed to perform religious ceremonies at the Washington Monument. But to perform worshipping fellatio on Chinese inventions for four centuries is another funky wet noise in the street.

i grew up with indians , Chippewas and have 3 nieces that are maybe a quarter indian . I know that they prefer living in the White mans and their world than living in the indian world just 70 years ago Badger .

odd, she is fleeing a nation that would never require her to do that to come to one that evidently does [I did not know that was in the oath]...I think she just wanted to go on a boat ride for free.
---------------------------------------------------------------- with the 'muslim' flood into France she probably figures its best for her to get out . Actually i hope that she sticks to her principles and makes it back to France in time for her daughters 'fgm' operation / mangling celebration Frank .

odd, she is fleeing a nation that would never require her to do that to come to one that evidently does [I did not know that was in the oath]...I think she just wanted to go on a boat ride for free.
---------------------------------------------------------------- with the 'muslim' flood into France she probably figures its best for her to get out . Actually i hope that she sticks to her principles and makes it back to France in time for her daughters 'fgm' operation / mangling celebration Frank .
this is just one of those odd stories that does pique my curiosity

I'm 1/32 part Hekawai Indian ...

Cmai.jpg

Denied! GTFO>

Why?

At the very least, the person taking the oath should be able to choose which god they're swearing to.

This is unconstitutional.

How so? The rules have been in place forever.

".. the rules.." ?

Saying the a violation of the First Amendment is okay because 'we've always done it that way' doesn't hold water.

Its true that in the dark ages, the phrase "under god" was used. Its not used anymore, nor should it be. And, as I say, if "under god" is used, the person being sworn should be able to choose which god. And obviously, what about atheists?

Back when this was being considered and thrown out of most courts, another aspect was discussed -

Simply stated, if one does not believe in whichever god they're being forced to swear on, then they're promise of truthfulness is worthless.

I've been atheist since the age of about 12. I used to be the official photographer for cruelty cases in the county where I lived and so, would often have to testify concerning my photographs and/or observations.

What should I have done if a bible was shoved under my nose?

If I swore on a bible I considered to be nonsense, the case could be thrown out on those grounds alone.

Think about it.

Denied! GTFO>

Why?

At the very least, the person taking the oath should be able to choose which god they're swearing to.

This is unconstitutional.

How so? The rules have been in place forever.

".. the rules.." ?

Saying the a violation of the First Amendment is okay because 'we've always done it that way' doesn't hold water.

Its true that in the dark ages, the phrase "under god" was used. Its not used anymore, nor should it be. And, as I say, if "under god" is used, the person being sworn should be able to choose which god. And obviously, what about atheists?

Back when this was being considered and thrown out of most courts, another aspect was discussed -

Simply stated, if one does not believe in whichever god they're being forced to swear on, then they're promise of truthfulness is worthless.

I've been atheist since the age of about 12. I used to be the official photographer for cruelty cases in the county where I lived and so, would often have to testify concerning my photographs and/or observations.

What should I have done if a bible was shoved under my nose?

If I swore on a bible I considered to be nonsense, the case could be thrown out on those grounds alone.

Think about it.

You think about it. "Freedom of religion" meant "Choose your denomination".

You think she'll win that suit? Not a chance. You don't come here and dictate what we do. Take your ass back your Muslim-overrun shithole of a country.

Forum List

Back