Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

So, when the CEO complains about costs, he's talking about the chains corporate costs, because Obamacare won't effect any of his franchise owners who have less then 50 employees.

Ha. I have even less pity for his whiny butt.

All you had to do was read the OP article to avoid coming across rather ignorant on this.

LOL

The guy isn't whining about it. He's telling it like it is and it totally sucks for the employees. Obamacare is a job killing program, not health care reform. Most the crap in it is just random taxes on everything from selling your house to hiring more bureaucrats and IRS agents. It's a clusterfuck and will destroy the private sector. They claimed it was seriously flawed, but that they'd pass it and then fix it. It will never be fixed and shouldn't have been shoved through.

Now you guys know that the libtardes have to come up with a *story* to defend the clusterfuck known as obamacare, never mind what business has been trying to tell them it would do, and I can't wait til they pass their *Tax the rich* shit too, it will also adversely impact small business and hence unemployment will skyrocket. I predict a ten percent unemployment at about the 2 year mark.. we're at 7.9 Right now.
Are you implying Papa John's is a small business? That is what we are discussing here.

Obama - crushing the little guy!

America gets what she deserves.

' A day after Barack Obama earned a second term in the White House, Papa John's founder and CEO John Schnatter said the president's signature health-care reform law would increase his business costs and possibly result in employees' hours being cut.'

John Schnatter Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

Was looking into ordering a pizza and found this; they opened their 4,000th restaurant in September...

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...-c905c561ca7e/PZZA_News_2012_9_13_General.pdf

Amazing how they keep opening these money-losing restaurants.

$10 for 3 topping pizza
$5 for a gigantic cookie
$20 with tip.

I would have considered ordering it (not my favorite pizza but need a delivery and my place doesn't deliver to my condo) if it wasn't for their owner pulling crap like this. Peyton Manning should re-asses his relationship.

' A day after Barack Obama earned a second term in the White House, Papa John's founder and CEO John Schnatter said the president's signature health-care reform law would increase his business costs and possibly result in employees' hours being cut.'

John Schnatter Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

Isn't this the same guy who took the multi million dollar hit by providing free pizzas nationwide?

He's mad because his profit margins are going to do down by 1 or 2 %.
In reality, if the prices were passed down to the consumer, it would mean 12 cents a pizza difference.

Big surprise.

Schnatter hosted a fundraiser at his home for Mitt Romney in May 2012.

He is a Republican activist and has long supported Republican causes.

He has as much objectivity as the New York Times

1393644_10151687477440911_1616729985_n.png

This is from Papa John's website:

Part-time team members (shift leaders, drivers & team members) are eligible to participate in the following programs:

Health, Future and Life Benefits

Medical and EAP Insurance
Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance
Short-Term Disability
Hospital Indemnity Insurance
401(k) Plan
Paid Vacation
Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance

...so if they tout all those benefits for parttimers, what's their beef with Obamacare exactly???

Better Benefits: Papa John's Restaurants | Papa John's: Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.

This is from Papa John's website:

Part-time team members (shift leaders, drivers & team members) are eligible to participate in the following programs:

Health, Future and Life Benefits

Medical and EAP Insurance
Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance
Short-Term Disability
Hospital Indemnity Insurance
401(k) Plan
Paid Vacation
Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance

...so if they tout all those benefits for parttimers, what's their beef with Obamacare exactly???

Better Benefits: Papa John's Restaurants | Papa John's: Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.

On that front, I can agree with them. There are no more caps on insurance or exemption from pre-existing conditions so it may cost them marginally more. The insruance companies are probably not in a position to hold anyone up however because there are now competitors for this in and out of state. It's negligable and all of his competitors are experiencing the same increases (if there are any) so it's a wash.

My thing was that 7 months ago there was "OH MY GOD, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD". As was born out by the truth--they are expanding.

There were a lot of questions at the outset. Americans and business onwers are seeing the answers are satisfactory.

Even the Presidents of these unions know it is bad for workers and businesses
James P. Hoffa
General President
International Brotherhood of Teamsters

Joseph Hansen
International President
UFCW

D. Taylor
President
UNITE-HERE

Union Letter: Obamacare Will ‘Destroy The Very Health and Wellbeing’ of Workers

Forum List