Papa John's CEO steps down...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Papa John's CEO, pizza titan John Schnatter, steps down

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter, who overcame the odds to build his home-delivery pizza chain into a national powerhouse against entrenched rivals, is stepping down.

Schnatter, who founded the pizza chain in 1984, will remain as chairman of the board. No immediate reason was given for his decision, which takes effect Jan. 1. He is being replaced CEO is company President Steve Ritchie.

As the founder, Schnatter has been one of the biggest names in fast food. But he recently ran into controversy when he blamed NFL players' mass move to drop to one knee during the playing of the national anthem as affecting his company's sales.

This will effect me just about as much as NFL players taking a knee does. Why? Because I like Papa John's and watching football games. Quit being such fucking babies every time a celebrity disagrees with you.

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter, who overcame the odds to build his home-delivery pizza chain into a national powerhouse against entrenched rivals, is stepping down.

Schnatter, who founded the pizza chain in 1984, will remain as chairman of the board. No immediate reason was given for his decision, which takes effect Jan. 1. He is being replaced CEO is company President Steve Ritchie.

As the founder, Schnatter has been one of the biggest names in fast food. But he recently ran into controversy when he blamed NFL players' mass move to drop to one knee during the playing of the national anthem as affecting his company's sales.

This will effect me just about as much as NFL players taking a knee does. Why? Because I like Papa John's and watching football games. Quit being such fucking babies every time a celebrity disagrees with you.
He made the mistake of trusting a major corporation run by a liberal googoo.

Should have known better.

I like Papa John’s pizza. Funny there seems to be a lot of pizza snobs on the internet.

I like Papa John’s pizza. Funny there seems to be a lot of pizza snobs on the internet.

Is Papa John's the best pizza in the world? Of course not. Is it terrible? Not by any means. It tastes great. You have to be a real snob to hate on a meal any asshole can make in their mom's kitchen.

He made the mistake of trusting a major corporation run by a liberal googoo.

Should have known better.

I personally don't care about the whole kneeling "controversy", but I don't fault John Schnatter either way. At the time he was endorsing the hugest brand in the country before any controversy existed.It was a brilliant business decision, and the company made millions off of it. He can enjoy an early retirement, and will die filthy rich. Good for him.

That is a shame. Papa John Schnatter is truly one of the good guys.
Interesting Read: Papa John's CEO says executive salaries are 'immoral' and give corporate America a bad name (PZZA)

"Roughly 30% of Papa John's annual profits are immediately set aside for bonuses. In 2015, that meant $60 million in bonuses was divvied up between workers at all levels of the company. No manager or executive can receive a bonus unless people working under them do — something intended to create a more collaborative culture across Papa John's. ""

Forum List

Back