Palins disinvited from McCain's requiem

The choice of Sarah Palin in 2008 was the deceased senator's high mark of his political career. Without Palin, he gets wiped out in a 45 state landslide in 2008, especially if he goes and chooses Hard Core Leftist Joe Lieberman for the gig.

But even if he blames this broad for his loss, its just awfully petty on his part to ban her from the funeral. Death should be a time to bury the hatchet.

And besides, Mr. McCain was really pleased with the way Obama ruled over us for 8 years, even inviting the former president to eulogize him. If Palin is at fault for McCain losing, then she is also responsible for McCain's idol, Obama, winning, no?

Palin not invited to McCain's funeral: report

'Dis' invited? I don't believe the palins were *ever* invited.

Due to Mrs. Palin's incredible sacrifice in 2008 by agreeing to be Mr. McCain's running mate, and her loyalty since, I don't why he wouldn't want her there.

If it wasn't for Palin, he would have been thoroughly humiliated that year

The choice of Sarah Palin in 2008 was the deceased senator's high mark of his political career. Without Palin, he gets wiped out in a 45 state landslide in 2008, especially if he goes and chooses Hard Core Leftist Joe Lieberman for the gig.

But even if he blames this broad for his loss, its just awfully petty on his part to ban her from the funeral. Death should be a time to bury the hatchet.

And besides, Mr. McCain was really pleased with the way Obama ruled over us for 8 years, even inviting the former president to eulogize him. If Palin is at fault for McCain losing, then she is also responsible for McCain's idol, Obama, winning, no?

Due to Mrs. Palin's incredible sacrifice in 2008 by agreeing to be Mr. McCain's running mate, and her loyalty since, I don't why he wouldn't want her there.

Or, Palin was such a poor choice that McCain's campaign suffered because of her.

Regardless, who was Palin to McCain? Somebody he worked with for a few months a decade ago. Why would he have her or her family at his funeral?

It was not McCain that made the choice. It was his family that didn't want her there.

classy guy this John McCain....leaving his disfigured wife who waited for him while he was a POW.....he rewards her faith by whoring around.
an_shake.gif

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Daily Mail Online

"What follows is the stuff of the McCain legend. He was shot down over Hanoi in October 1967 on his 23rd mission over North Vietnam and was badly beaten by an angry mob when he was pulled, half-drowned from a lake.

It was in 1969 that Carol went to spend the Christmas holiday – her third without McCain – at her parents’ home. After dinner, she left to drop off some presents at a friend’s house.

It wasn’t until some hours later that she was discovered, alone and in terrible pain, next to the wreckage of her car. She had been hurled through the windscreen.

After her first series of life-saving operations, Carol was told she may never walk again, but when doctors said they would try to get word to McCain about her injuries, she refused, insisting: ‘He’s got enough problems, I don’t want to tell him.’

H. Ross Perot, a billionaire Texas businessman, future presidential candidate and advocate of prisoners of war, paid for her medical care.

When McCain – his hair turned prematurely white and his body reduced to little more than a skeleton – was released in March 1973, he told reporters he was overjoyed to see Carol again.

But friends say privately he was ‘appalled’ by the change in her appearance. At first, though, he was kind, assuring her: ‘I don’t look so good myself. It’s fine.’

He bought her a bungalow near the sea in Florida and another former PoW helped him to build a railing so she could pull herself over the dunes to the water.

‘I thought, of course, we would live happily ever after,’ says Carol. But as a war hero, McCain was moving in ever-more elevated circles.

Through Ross Perot, he met Ronald Reagan, then Governor of California. A sympathetic Nancy Reagan took Carol under her wing.

But already the McCains’ marriage had begun to fray. ‘John started carousing and running around with women,’ said Robert Timberg.

McCain has acknowledged that he had girlfriends during this time, without going into details. Some friends blame his dissatisfaction with Carol, but others give some credence to her theory of a mid-life crisis.

He was also fiercely ambitious, but it was clear he would never become an admiral like his illustrious father and grandfather and his thoughts were turning to politics.

In 1979 – while still married to Carol – he met Cindy at a cocktail party in Hawaii. Over the next six months he pursued her, flying around the country to see her. Then he began to push to end his marriage.

Carol and her children were devastated. ‘It was a complete surprise,’ says Nancy Reynolds, a former Reagan aide.

‘They never displayed any difficulties between themselves. I know the Reagans were quite shocked because they loved and respected both Carol and John.’

Another friend added: ‘Carol didn’t fight him. She felt her infirmity made her an impediment to him. She justified his actions because of all he had gone through. She used to say, “He just wants to make up for lost time.”’

Indeed, to many in their circle the saddest part of the break-up was Carol’s decision to resign herself to losing a man she says she still adores.

Friends confirm she has remained friends with McCain and backed him in all his campaigns. ‘He was very generous to her in the divorce but of course he could afford to be, since he was marrying Cindy,’ one observed.

McCain transferred the Florida beach house to Carol and gave her the right to live in their jointly-owned townhouse in the Washington suburb of Alexandria. He also agreed to pay her alimony and child support.

A former neighbour says she subsequently sold up in Florida and Washington and moved in 2003 to Virginia Beach. He said: ‘My impression was that she found the new place easier to manage as she still has some difficulties walking.’

Meanwhile McCain moved to Arizona with his new bride immediately after their 1980 marriage. There, his new father-in-law gave him a job and introduced him to local businessmen and political powerbrokers who would smooth his passage to Washington via the House of Representatives and Senate.

And yet despite his popularity as a politician, there are those who won’t forget his treatment of his first wife.

Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’

One old friend of the McCains said: ‘Carol always insists she is not bitter, but I think that’s a defence mechanism. She also feels deeply in his debt because in return for her agreement to a divorce, he promised to pay for her medical care for the rest of her life.’

Carol remained resolutely loyal as McCain’s political star rose. She says she agreed to talk to The Mail on Sunday only because she wanted to publicise her support for the man who abandoned her.

Indeed, the old Mercedes that she uses to run errands displays both a disabled badge and a sticker encouraging people to vote for her ex-husband. ‘He’s a good guy,’ she assured us. ‘We are still good friends. He is the best man for president.’

But Ross Perot, who paid her medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel – even by the standards of modern politics.

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’ he said.

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’

McCain and the POW Cover-Up

Just repeating crazy lies.

It's John McCain. And look at the way D.C. is eulogizing him to the moon and back. Speaks loads about our political overlords, does it not?

Sarah Palin kept McCain from being thoroughly embarrassed in 2008. He never had a lead until Sarah Palin was chosen and it lasted until October when McCain made catastrophic mistakes. He said the economy was sound when it was clearly sliding into recession. 3 uninspiring debate performances and supporting a bank bailout bill that was loaded with pork. Yet Palin was getting the bricks thrown at her by Democrats and Republicans trying to blame McCain's loss on Palin when that was utter nonsense.

The sad thing is that it cost Republicans dearly. Palin would have beaten Obama if she had run in 2012. However the experience in 2008 was so bad that deep down she didn't want to do it anymore. That was one of the things that led to her resignation as Governor.

She also saved McCain's bacon in 2010. He was facing a strong conservative challenger in the Republican primary. All the conservatives were supporting McCain's challenger. Palin broke ranks and endorsed and campaigned for McCain. That was probably the difference in the campaign.

I don't know who made the decision. The choice for pallbearers and speakers as well as not wanting Trump to be there sounds like McCain. However not asking Palin to even attend sounds like the people around McCain. It was a tacky decision. If it was McCain's decision then shame on him. However I think she is handling it with class.

Palin isn't why McCain lost -- Obama and the failed GOP economic policies are why McCain lost....Palin helped him not because she was smart and very knowledgeable when it came to policy -- no, she helped him because she had a cult of personality around her

People were projecting onto her their own delusions, that she was the second coming of Reagan -- now they barely acknowledge her existence because those people are now cult members for Trump

...but without Palin lowering the bar, there would have not been a Trump...Conservatives have been waiting 40 or 50 years for a so-called "true conservative" to be elected only for those people to be rejected by their own party every time..

Has anyone here ever been invited to a funeral?

I haven't!
Well, here let me help you then.

McCain funeral Sarah Palin not invited - Google Search

So where did it mention you? Try reading what I said again you fucking illiterate! My God, you morons could piss off Jesus himself!
I misunderstood your point to be one of semantics, but thanks for being so patient and tolerant.

roflmao

Forum List

Back