Palins disinvited from McCain's requiem

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The choice of Sarah Palin in 2008 was the deceased senator's high mark of his political career. Without Palin, he gets wiped out in a 45 state landslide in 2008, especially if he goes and chooses Hard Core Leftist Joe Lieberman for the gig.

But even if he blames this broad for his loss, its just awfully petty on his part to ban her from the funeral. Death should be a time to bury the hatchet.

And besides, Mr. McCain was really pleased with the way Obama ruled over us for 8 years, even inviting the former president to eulogize him. If Palin is at fault for McCain losing, then she is also responsible for McCain's idol, Obama, winning, no?

Palin not invited to McCain's funeral: report

I am not sure this was a classy move on their part. She should have been invited. It is their choice.

Yea that's odd. I don't know what happened inside that campaign of course. But from the outside, like her or not, she did everything she could to help him win. IMO she was the major drawl of that ticket. She supported him up until the end and to this day speaks fondly of him. Really odd she's not invited.

The choice of Sarah Palin in 2008 was the deceased senator's high mark of his political career. Without Palin, he gets wiped out in a 45 state landslide in 2008, especially if he goes and chooses Hard Core Leftist Joe Lieberman for the gig.

But even if he blames this broad for his loss, its just awfully petty on his part to ban her from the funeral. Death should be a time to bury the hatchet.

And besides, Mr. McCain was really pleased with the way Obama ruled over us for 8 years, even inviting the former president to eulogize him. If Palin is at fault for McCain losing, then she is also responsible for McCain's idol, Obama, winning, no?

NOT invited-----or disinvited?

Do you not know the difference in the words "not invited" and "disinvited"? They are not the same thing.

A maverick even beyond the grave, continuing to do the bidding of his Progressive masters

Last edited:
Has anyone here ever been invited to a funeral?

I haven't!

People don't get invited to funerals, but they sometimes do get disinvited- if the deceased doesn't want them there- like McCain disinvited the Trumps and Palins, maybe others I don't know.

Other people, people who are less petty, don't disinvite their adversaries but instead use their funerals as a way to mend the old wounds. Like when Bruno Sammartino passed, many of his old nemeses like Zbyszko were at his funeral.

I haven't!
Exactly. Palin certainly had the opportunity to request some kind of special invitation to a particular ceremony which would be crowded with family and close friends. Who knows if McCain and Palin even had a continuing relationship?

I haven't!
Exactly. Palin certainly had rhe opportunity to request some kind of special invitation to a particular ceremony which would be crowded with family and close friends. Who knows if McCain and Palin even had a continuing relationship?

I know that Mrs. Palin stumped for McCain in his reelection bid.

"Not invited" is not the same thing as "banned". Just thought I'd point that out.

I haven't!

People don't get invited to funerals, but they sometimes do get disinvited- if the deceased doesn't want them there- like McCain disinvited the Trumps and Palins, maybe others I don't know.

Other people, people who are less petty, don't disinvite their adversaries but instead use their funerals as a way to mend the old wounds. Like when Bruno Sammartino passed, many of his old nemeses like Zbyszko were at his funeral.

Why should I know, or care who those people were or are?

Forum List

Back