Palin So Busted

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Oops! The Maverick!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0325&s_pos=

ANCHORAGE, Sept. 8 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

The governor's daughters and husband charged the state $43,490 to travel, and many of the trips were between their house in Wasilla and Juneau, the capital city 600 miles away, the documents show.

She wrote some form of "Lodging -- own residence" or "Lodging -- Wasilla residence" more than 30 times at the same time she took a per diem, according to the reports. In two dozen undated amendments to the reports, the governor deleted the reference to staying in her home but still charged the per diem.

Palin charged the state a per diem for working on Nov. 22, 2007 -- Thanksgiving Day. The reason given, according to the expense report, was the Great Alaska Shootout, an annual NCAA college basketball tournament held in Anchorage.

that is it...name calling....no rebuttal of facts?

then the article must be true since you posted no rebuttal but just name called.
Retired wants to make this the fox news of message boards... God forbid any facts interupt his conservative rose colored bubble...

Last edited:
Retired wants to make this the fox news of message boards... God forbid any facts interupt his conservative rose colored bubble...

Nothing to rebut , it is all legal and acceptable. You know allowed? More bullshit spewed in the hopes someone will believe it.

Reminds us how Trig is really Bristol's son.

Nothing to rebut , it is all legal and acceptable. You know allowed? More bullshit spewed in the hopes someone will believe it.

Reminds us how Trig is really Bristol's son.

legal and acceptable? she's screwing the residents of Alaska by charging them to stay in her own FREAKIN HOME!

the shit you all find acceptable amazes me and it really shouldn't because you'll excuse away ANYTHING to keep the Cons in power.

I'm all for factfinding, let's investigate Palin for her alleged offenses.... and then let's take a peek at Obama's relationships with Rezko, Ayers and Wright. Sounds fair and balanced to me.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

It may be legal, but it sure seems unethical and bizzare. Taking a per diem to stay in your own home?

This is a woman who bragged about saving taxpayer money by making rape victims pay for their own post-rape medical treatment in Wasilla, and getting rid of the governor's airplane.

legal and acceptable? she's screwing the residents of Alaska by charging them to stay in her own FREAKIN HOME!

the shit you all find acceptable amazes me and it really shouldn't because you'll excuse away ANYTHING to keep the Cons in power.

Her home of record as governor is in Juneau.... not at her actual, privately owned home... while in Juno she has her food, etc paid for within the context of her position.. when she is away from Juneau, that support does not stop, and hence an allowance.... which was used when she was in Wasilla...

this is yet another attempt by the liberal media and DEMs to throw a ton of shit on the wall in the hopes that some will stick...

And they dare to complain that the REPs are the party of dirty, hate filled politics?

PUH-LEASE

Last edited:
I'm all for factfinding, let's investigate Palin for her alleged offenses.... and then let's take a peek at Obama's relationships with Rezko, Ayers and Wright. Sounds fair and balanced to me.

Already been done. Grow up.

PolitiFact | Obama's Rezko connection

And if you have a problem with Palin's dealings being questioned, then she isn't ready for prime time and should stay in Alaska and wait to see if she's going to be indicted.

It may be legal, but it sure seems unethical and bizzare. Taking a per diem to stay in your own home?

This is a woman who bragged about saving taxpayer money by making rape victims pay for their own post-rape medical treatment in Wasilla, and getting rid of the governor's airplane.

per diems are pretty common at the state level of govt, throughout the country. I don't see what the big deal is, but I'm sure something of even more earth shattering importance will come through on the next news cycle.

I was an assault victim and I had to pay for my medical care, so what?

per diems are pretty common at the state level of govt, throughout the country. I don't see what the big deal is, but I'm sure something of even more earth shattering importance will come through on the next news cycle.

Maybe the big deal is that our so called conservative pols are anything but.

perhaps you haven't been paying attention....Obama has been FULLY VETTED by the media on ALL those issues. He's been in the national spotlight running for president for 19 months now... did you just turn on the television and tune into this process? All this took place during the PRIMARIES when he was running against Hillary Clinton for the nomination...he was hammered constantly by Clinton attacks in her effort to derail his candidacy.

allow me to give you a sampling since you clearly missed the barage of news stories surrounding the very subjects you think haven't been adressed:

on rezko:

8 things you need to know about Obama, Rezko :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: The Watchdogs

McCain attacks Obama on Rezko - Mike Allen and Alexander Burns - Politico.com

ABC News: The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel?

Ayers:

Obama once visited '60s radicals - Ben Smith - Politico.com

Ayers And Obama: What Is Their Relationship?

How Obama and the radical became news - The Boston Globe

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV_h-XwchkY&feature=related]YouTube - Fox News: Weatherman Bill Ayers Was Obama's "Mentor"[/ame]

Rev White

ABC News: Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11

FOXNews.com - Obama's Pastor: Rev. Jeremiah Wright - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes

The Origin of Obama's Pastor Problem - TIME

moral to this story...next time you think Palin is being picked on do a google search for Obama and see what comes up. he has been hit relentlessly from not only the Republicans but from within his own party when he was running against the Clinton machine.

There really is NOTHING we don't know about Obama at this point and nothing we didn't know about him when he won the primaries to become the nominee.

palin on the other hand, we know NOTHING about and she's on the ticket to be second in command. I think it's the media and every citizen's job to find out as much about this person as possible BEFORE we vote in november.

Oops! The Maverick!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0325&s_pos=

ANCHORAGE, Sept. 8 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

The governor's daughters and husband charged the state $43,490 to travel, and many of the trips were between their house in Wasilla and Juneau, the capital city 600 miles away, the documents show.

She wrote some form of "Lodging -- own residence" or "Lodging -- Wasilla residence" more than 30 times at the same time she took a per diem, according to the reports. In two dozen undated amendments to the reports, the governor deleted the reference to staying in her home but still charged the per diem.

Palin charged the state a per diem for working on Nov. 22, 2007 -- Thanksgiving Day. The reason given, according to the expense report, was the Great Alaska Shootout, an annual NCAA college basketball tournament held in Anchorage.

Add this to my list, and this is 5 negatives about Sarah that all have NOTHING to do with her vagina or daughter.

Here are my 4:

Sarah Palin is involved with the Alaska Independence Party. They want to break away from America and be their own country. Is there anything more anti American?

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government," Vogler said in the interview, in which he talked extensively about his desire for Alaskan secession, the key goal of the AIP.

Alaska Independence Party Founder Broadcast Hatred Of America

She lied about being against the bridge to nowhere. She only stopped the project after it became a national embarrassment and SHE KEPT THE MONEY.

Think Progress Lies To Nowhere: The McCain Campaign’s Inaccuracies On Palin’s Bridge To Nowhere Support

She says she will fight lobbyists but actually hired one to secure millions in earmarks:

Palin Hired Lobbyist to Get Millions in Earmarks | The Political Chase

Also, Palin was a Pentecostal for over 20 years. They speak in tongues and believe the “end days” are nearing. That should alarm you because Pentecostals believe the war in the middle east is the start of it all. And the GOP are trying to start a war with russia & iran, and Israel has something to do with it too. Look up End of Days.

Palin says on the video, "Pray for our military men, for our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God.

Her campaign says she doesn't mix her faith with government business. But Palin did ask her audience to pray for a $30 billion natural gas pipeline she is on a mission to build in Alaska. In the video Palin says, "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas pipeline built. So pray for that ... I can do my job there in developing my natural resources. But all of that doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart is not good with God."

Pastor Ed Kalnin, the senior pastor of Palin's former Pentecostal church, has also come under fire for his comments. In 2004, he told church members if they voted for John Kerry for president, they wouldn't get into heaven. He told them, "I question your salvation."

Oh, add abuse of power when she fired that guy for not firing her ex brother in law. That makes 6 negatives.

Can anyone add to this?

I wasn't clear about what I meant.

Palin made rape victims pay for their own rape kit. Which is a forensic tool to assist police in catching the perpetrator. Its a crime investigation tool. Rape victims shouldn't be paying for the cops to do their fucking job.

I wasn't clear about what I meant.

Palin made rape victims pay for their own rape kit. Which is a forensic tool to assist police in catching the perpetrator. Its a crime investigation tool. Rape victims shouldn't be paying for the cops to do their fucking job.

do you have a link that proves this? where did you hear that?

Forum List

Back